"Dead" characters they could bring back?

They brought back Martha after 33? years of being "dead", they brought back Hugo after he "died", they brought back Peter? Wasn't he in witness protection, too? I didn't watch much of 2006.

Could they bring Dodge back after 29 years of being missing?

Could they bring Michael back a la Harold Bishop style and he's looking for Pippa?

Could they bring back Robbo Shaw? He could always have gone into witness protection. It could bring back Wendy and Ian as regulars.

Maybe even Ari, he could have gone into witness protection, too.

Who do you think has a potential to return?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

They brought back Martha after 33? years of being "dead", they brought back Hugo after he "died", they brought back Peter? Wasn't he in witness protection, too? I didn't watch much of 2006.

Zoe/Eve returned after supposedly having died in 2005 too. 

4 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Could they bring Michael back a la Harold Bishop style and he's looking for Pippa?

I believe Michael's body had been found. Incidentally, Michael's death happened a few months prior to Harold returning on Neighbours, so they could have kept the door open for him to turn up alive for if Debra Lawrence left the series in the future. Had he returned in late 1997/early 1998 though, everyone would have been crying it would have been a repeat of Harold's story.

The one character's death I've never really accepted is Vinnie's. He "died" in 2002, only to be revealed as alive in 2004. Then he supposedly died in the late 2000s. Given the complex history of his character since 2002, I never really bought his death via a farming accident(?). Ryan Kwanten is unlikely to return and Leah has well and truly moved on, but there is scope for a potential return if Ryan was willing. It would have had more impact when VJ was still around though. 

• Like 1

Trouble is Back from the Dead really undermines a lot of things set in place.

EastEnders has pulled this trick 3x (Den, Kathy, Cindy) and are tempted or at least the fans are egging them on to do it with Fatboy.

The one time it really got my goat was the STUPID 2018 story in Corrie. with  Jim lying about Katie just to screw Liz and Steve. An insult to everyone who watched 1991-92.

I'll admit Dodge would be great to tie things up but no Stevo, no party!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Trouble is Back from the Dead really undermines a lot of things set in place.

EastEnders has pulled this trick 3x (Den, Kathy, Cindy) and are tempted or at least the fans are egging them on to do it with Fatboy.

The one time it really got my goat was the STUPID 2018 story in Corrie. with  Jim lying about Katie just to screw Liz and Steve. An insult to everyone who watched 1991-92.

I'll admit Dodge would be great to tie things up but no Stevo, no party!

Not even Sally anymore either 

Neighbours fans are also egging the writers do it too. They brought back Mark Brennan and Dee Bliss due to the constant calls for it, and there are still fans who want to see Serena and Liljana Bishop back, despite there being no reason for them to return. 

I don't mind if it's a pre-planned twist as part of the storyline (i.e. Hugo Austin), but I wouldn't want to see long-dead characters like Robbo or Ari suddenly being alive after years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adam436 said:

I don't mind if it's a pre-planned twist as part of the storyline (i.e. Hugo Austin), but I wouldn't want to see long-dead characters like Robbo or Ari suddenly being alive after years. 

Wasn't sure how say any of that nicely so thank you. I hate back from the dead storylines. Dee was the only one I enjoyed (to start with) and they absolutely butchered that 

17 hours ago, adam436 said:

Neighbours fans are also egging the writers do it too. They brought back Mark Brennan and Dee Bliss due to the constant calls for it, and there are still fans who want to see Serena and Liljana Bishop back, despite there being no reason for them to return. 

Liljana is the only realistic possibility. We saw Connor try in Vain to save Serena who went under.

On 16/02/2024 at 21:11, adam436 said:

Zoe/Eve returned after supposedly having died in 2005 too. 

I believe Michael's body had been found. Incidentally, Michael's death happened a few months prior to Harold returning on Neighbours, so they could have kept the door open for him to turn up alive for if Debra Lawrence left the series in the future. Had he returned in late 1997/early 1998 though, everyone would have been crying it would have been a repeat of Harold's story.

The one character's death I've never really accepted is Vinnie's. He "died" in 2002, only to be revealed as alive in 2004. Then he supposedly died in the late 2000s. Given the complex history of his character since 2002, I never really bought his death via a farming accident(?). Ryan Kwanten is unlikely to return and Leah has well and truly moved on, but there is scope for a potential return if Ryan was willing. It would have had more impact when VJ was still around though. 

They found Michael's body at the time and bringing him back would've been pretty far-fetched, even by H&A standards. The Pippa & Ian story isn't so well remembered, or loved I'd guess, but it was as good an ending as you could have for her. 

Vinnie's afterlife is pretty ridiculous, isn't it? They really over-egged that pudding. He is a character who would be worth resurrecting if they could recast the part well. I can't see Ryan coming back either but maybe they don't need him. He's gone so long from Home and Away, there are many viewers who won't remember him 

Kerry Barlow. 😀 Joking aside, in a Feb or March 1988 episode, Tom Fletcher did say Sam Barlow was a once more reasonable man who lost his business and became bitter due to it. So this was his path to becoming the main antagonist in H&A in those first few months, however I think Sam may have always had some personality disorder that was later unleashed.

If I had to choose one, it would be Dodge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...