2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how Alf is giving Roo some space after giving her that letter, but who is going to make the first move now?  From the trailers we saw she is adamant she wants to find her, but where to start, if as I have said before, she is still alive?

The rest of my post from yesterday has vanished!!!!!!

Briefly - it was as follows:

In a way perhaps it's better Roo has found out now, it would have been so much worse if God forbid Alf had died and she had then found the letter and had no-one to ask questions of and no-one to rant at.

Oh look a normal looking stranger has appeared and been given directions to the caravan park - I wonder who he could be?:wink::D  Unless he asked one of the other guests how did David know which van was Jasmine's? Talking of whom I see she has caught the Summer Bay disease already even though she has only been there five minutes, you know the one where people don't lock their doors.  If he is as obsessed by her as she says no shock him looking at her photo.    It had to happen of course as she had the reassuring talk from Colby that David was in prison as he had breached the conditions of his AVO so you can rest easy - yeh right!:rolleyes: Oddly enough there was a story in the paper today about a guy following his ex girlfriend from England to Australia as he is/was obsessed by her!

Atrus - Alf didn't tell Ailsa about Martha being alive, I think his words to Roo were 'I didn't see the point'.  No surprise he didn't tell Morag, she would have been on it like a rat up a drain pipe. 

The Astoni's are proving themselves as a family unit but I don't suppose for one moment it will be end of any rows between Ben and Ziggy, Ziggy and Coco wouldn't be  a normal family if there weren't. One being if Ziggy decides to move in with Brody, Ben's argument will be she's too young but as Maggie will remind him and as mentioned above they were married by her age!  Coco reacted as only Coco would throwing herself into investigating non Hodgkin's. 

Olivia certainly got a shock when she saw Hunter wasn't sitting at home moping but actually out on a date.  Now was it because it was Jennifer he was with, as she knew her history as a trouble maker, or  would she have felt the same if it had been any young woman?  Is Jennifer being genuine when she told Hunter she didn't want to be stand by or playing a clever game?  Mason didn't know any more than she did.  We did hear Hunter has been offered a place at uni! 

Mason did seem to be taking an interest in Jasmine, be a change for him to get involved with a lady with baggage rather than Justin. 

May be biased as I like him:blush: but glad to see  Robbo is back this week.

10 hours ago, Razabaza said:

Does anybody else think Maggie looks far too young to be the mother of two teenagers, especially Ziggy? When she first came, I thought the three of them looked like sisters. 

Personally I don't think Maggie looks too young.  I'm not really good with ages but I'm guessing the actress is around mid to late thirties.  I think the issue is the actress who plays Ziggy is too old.  I would have Ziggy down as 18/19 but the actress looks a bit older than that.  Coco is around 16.  We know Ben and Maggie got together at a young age so she could have had Ziggy when she was 18 herself.

Even though it was in the preview I still thought Olivia's reaction to Mason and Jennifer's date  was absolutely delightful.:D  I loved the sheer look of disbelief and the intensity she often has in those eyes of hers and the look of discomfort from Leah.  Olivia's so wonderful that Hunter is at home moping and distraught because he's still is struggling with the breakup.  It was really funny when she stormed round to the gym to confront Mason because apparently he knew but didn't tell her.  Very self absorbed although I do agree with an earlier comment in that she shouldn't throw her career away.  I did feel a bit sorry for Jen.  I feel she likes Hunter more than she lets on and obviously likes him more than he likes her at the moment.  I do think he's on the rebound so Jen is likely to get hurt but I'm hoping his feelings towards Olivia will diminish and increase towards Jen.

I still really like the role Leah is playing.  Being there for both Hunter and Jasmine.  Perhaps Mason will have to compete with a River Boy for Jasmine's attention.  Although it looks at though her stalker has that at the moment.

Still finding Coco quite annoying although she wasn't as bad as the episode before.  They're pushing Ryder and her together but I feel he has much better chemistry with Raffy than he does with her.

I'd forgotten that Ziggy and Olivia are no longer friends.  Even though Olivia was in the wrong I don't blame her.  Ziggy betrayed her trust.  Simple as that.

15 hours ago, Razabaza said:

Does anybody else think Maggie looks far too young to be the mother of two teenagers, especially Ziggy? When she first came, I thought the three of them looked like sisters. 

4 hours ago, Slade said:

I would have Ziggy down as 18/19 but the actress looks a bit older than that.  Coco is around 16.  We know Ben and Maggie got together at a young age so she could have had Ziggy when she was 18 herself.

You’re not far off, Ziggy is 19 (about to turn 20), and Maggie and Ben were 19 themselves when they had her. :) 

Maggie was born in March 1979 whereas Kestie was born in August 1978, so she’s actually slightly older than the character.

Not much to add to the above two comments on Maggie's age!

So...Tori's back and is just as annoying as she has been for, ooh, about the last two months at least. Faced with the "shocking" revelation that prison isn't a very nice place at times, she steps right back into her self-appointed role as Robbo's saviour, being arrogant, patronising and self-righteous, while leaving me with the worrying feeling that we're meant to see her as some sort of angel.It's even more frustrating that Colby seems to have fallen into her line with her cloying "You know if you can trust someone" suck-up.That said, Robbo really should have someone taking proper care of his injuries rather than relying on his doctor friend to pop in to see him every once in a while.No sign of Brody and Mason, so it's left to former partner-in-crime Justin to tell her how selfish she's being, not that she listened.So...no record of Ryan Shaw, but as Tori says that photograph must have come from somewhere.So either the records have been altered or it's a false memory.(Note that Robbo remembered calling the police himself yet the record says a neighbour found the bodies.)

David comes across as completely deluded and therefore very dangerous.In plot terms, there's not a lot going on, just him insisting repeatedly that he and Jasmine belong together, but the tension keeps increasing as you worry he could go over the edge at any moment.I'm not really sure they need to drag it on for another episode though.I can excuse Leah her lack of a proper plan since she was clearly just winging it while trying to keep Jasmine as safe as possible.It was also nice to see Ryder acknowledge how much of a problem he's been to Alf, which makes him seem a bit less self-absorbed.Maybe the sinkhole was actually a wake-up call for him?Here's hoping.

My Tori hate has reached the point of never changing. And why? Because even when told her hiding Robbo could have sent her brother to jail... she gave no signal that she cared. Choosing to help Robbo over Ash is one thing... but Robbo over Brody? Of course this will be swept under the rug. 

Had to laugh at Colby finding no evidence of Robbo's new identity. I would love it if he turned out to be a complete sociopath who just takes the lives of his victims for ****s & giggles :lol:.

Tomorrow's preview... Ash realises he is the rebound when Colby stumbles on a date/bonding sesh with Dean & gets snarky :rolleyes:... Or something like that. Wasn't really paying attention.

Whilst I'm delighted that Tori is going out of her way to help Robbo and am still really enjoying their scenes objectively I genuinely don't understand why.  She appears to have nothing to gain from doing this and everything to lose - Her family, Ash, her freedom.  I thought this myself and there was a previous comment that mentioned perhaps she does fancy him.  Alternatively it could just be some form of Stockholm Syndrome.  It just feels she's putting Robbo in front of everyone and there doesn't appear to be a logical explanation for going above and beyond like this.  I do think she feels sorry for him but simply sympathising with someone doesn't explain her actions.

Jasmine's stalker doesn't seem physically intimidating but the guy clearly needs help and you could see it in his eyes so I could see why Jasmine, Leah and Ryder were quite fearful of him.  He does seem like a typical soap stalker, completely delusional and refusing to acknowledge that Jasmine doesn't want to be within a 50 mile radius of him.

Tori was only held hostage by Robbo for about half an hour so hardly time for Stockholm Syndrome to develop and he didn't hurt her, just scared her briefly. Apart from her being annoying and not bothering about how this is bothering her family Tori did have a valid point.  Yabby Creek police do seem remiss in the care of their prisoner, they know he has mental issues not to mention his physical injuries but only Tori seems to have treated him in any way. I'm of the mind too Slade that as well as caring for him as a doctor she does have feelings for him as she doesn't seem that bothered about Ash anymore. 

Colby has his suspicions of if not where Robbo was exactly but that someone with medical knowledge took care of him.  In the job only five minutes and he's already doing investigations 'off the record!'  Certainly was an interesting discovery that although there were records of Lauren and the children no record of Ryan,  father was 'unknown'.  Photo certainly didn't look like it had been faked but we are only hearing things from Robbos' point of view - even the images only we are seeing and hearing which as you said Red could be false memories that someone has planted in his head.  I know Tori could be biased but I don't think he would be capable of killing his wife and two children. Has he been through several identities and Ryan Shaw was just the one he was living under at the time, are there some mysterious PTB behind it all?  After it happened 'they' got him out and Beckett Reid was 'born'.:unsure: I was going to suggest WP again, but with that you get  a full background set up each time.

I liked that scene of Ryder with Alf a.k.a. Grumps, had to smile when Justin called him that, :)on the pier.  He really was worried he was the cause of Roo leaving but glad Alf without going into detail  reassured him it was all done to what he had (or hadn't) done.

Although Ash, Robbo and Dean have their scary sides to me David is a lot more dangerous than the three of them put together!  Neither Ash or Robbo would mentally abuse a woman, don't think even Dean would. I can't remember if Jasmine said David was physically violent. He comes across as so unassuming and respectable, casual but smartly dressed, guess he must have sort of professional job, but that is what deceives people.  He certainly managed to convince whoever nicked him for breaching the conditions of his AVO to let him go and get to the bay before the Yabby Creek cops were told of it. Though she must have been terrified Jasmine kept her head and persuaded him to let her drop her van keys off at the house, luckily Leah was there and caught on pretty quick what was going down. She did try and save Jasmine, but to someone with David's twisted mind wouldn't take a lot to see all kinds of conspiracy theories, though to be fair this time this time he was right. One thing David locked the door on one side of the room, completely forgetting about the other one which Ryder strolled through!  David is also one hell of a coward scaring women and young teenage boys. Someone somehow manages to get  a message to Salt, hope one of them picks up on it.  At one moment, to me at least, Jasmine reminded  me of Billie.

Seems Roo has a heart to heart with Marilyn, maybe tonight, revealing she was 12 in 1985 when Martha left and leaving her now to wonder what had she done to make her go, that would of course have made her 15 when Alf found out so thinking about it yes not a good age to tell a teenage girl her mum was alive but didn't want to be found.

Archived