2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Yes, atrus,  it really is. Tori wasn't carrying the embryo/baby when Robbo said he couldn't go through it again she went ahead assuming he'd change his mind once he knew. He wanted to be  part of the child's life so wouldn't be happy at being cut out completely.

There is another option to the rush due to Tori's fertility problem - surrogacy - it's her egg, Robbo's sperm, they would have just needed a woman willing to loan her womb plenty are.  On the subject if she had got pregnant naturally by Robbo without his knowing wouldn't she have had to make her scarce for at least seven moths, cut herself off from her family and friends to be able to pass the baby off as someone else's?  Just asking.  Good point though suppose a little further down the line Robbo changed his mind and decided he was ready to be a father again and Jasmine wasn't able to conceive or could get pregnant but wasn't able to carry full term?

Guessing Tori had her mums  (not her doctors) head on again when she took the positive negative result at it's word and it is a long time since Leah was pregnant or maybe TPTB forgot about that.

Fantastic ending to the wedding with that firework display and lovely how Willow, Dean, Bella and Colby were reminiscing about the old days and Dean's last attempt at one. He's got another string to his bow now.  I gave  a wry smile when Ziggy said Brody would have loved it, he was enjoying his own fireworks!:wink::whistling:  Nice moment between Colby and Bella when they mentioned their mum and how she would have loved it.  Very subtle way Bella asked if maybe their mum's death could have been an accident.    Dean, wisely, backed off when Willow was making it plain she just wanted to be friends. Nice that Dean took Ziggy home.

As an aside did Colby & SG really spend all night out on that pier? 

Of course the inevitable had to happen even it was stretching it that Ross somehow managed to get hold of the wedding limo, what's happened to the original driver, lying unconscious/dead somewhere?  I think it was just SG he was going to snatch but Willow and Bella happened to be with her so he may have thought 'why not, let's really up the ante'.  They did all leap in quite willingly, so hardly bundled,  but they thought it was a nice surprise arranged by Colby to take SG and him on their honeymoon.   Felt most sorry for Bella who has her hopes Ross wasn't totally the bad guy smashed.  I said before he isn't your usual mindless thug so must have a plan in mind

Back to Brody,  yes what is he playing at?   I was going to forgive Simone for being taken in by him as because as she said he was to text her if 'things changed' meaning he'd broken up with Ziggy but as you said Red, she'd seen him chatting happily away to Ben & Maggie so kind of gave the game away there.  Was their free meal a way his of salving his conscious? Like the food analogy there Red.:wink:  H&S wouldn't be pleased with Simone & Brody using the storeroom to have mad passionate sex.

Raffy may be younger in years  than Coco and Ryder but she was bumped up a year as she was quite gifted.

Really pleased Robbo didn't propose to Jasmine when she was drunk.  Very sweet he decided to do it at the place where they had their picnic, he's quite the romantic. :wub:  Enjoy it while you can you two.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Yes, atrus,  it really is. Tori wasn't carrying the embryo/baby when Robbo said he couldn't go through it again she went ahead assuming he'd change his mind once he knew. He wanted to be  part of the child's life so wouldn't be happy at being cut out completely.

There is another option to the rush due to Tori's fertility problem - surrogacy - it's her egg, Robbo's sperm, they would have just needed a woman willing to loan her womb plenty are.  On the subject if she had got pregnant naturally by Robbo without his knowing wouldn't she have had to make her scarce for at least seven moths, cut herself off from her family and friends to be able to pass the baby off as someone else's?  Just asking.  Good point though suppose a little further down the line Robbo changed his mind and decided he was ready to be a father again and Jasmine wasn't able to conceive or could get pregnant but wasn't able to carry full term?

Guessing Tori had her mums  (not her doctors) head on again when she took the positive negative result at it's word and it is a long time since Leah was pregnant or maybe TPTB forgot about that.

Fantastic ending to the wedding with that firework display and lovely how Willow, Dean, Bella and Colby were reminiscing about the old days and Dean's last attempt at one. He's got another string to his bow now.  I gave  a wry smile when Ziggy said Brody would have loved it, he was enjoying his own fireworks!:wink::whistling:  Nice moment between Colby and Bella when they mentioned their mum and how she would have loved it.  Very subtle way Bella asked if maybe their mum's death could have been an accident.    Dean, wisely, backed off when Willow was making it plain she just wanted to be friends. Nice that Dean took Ziggy home.

As an aside did Colby & SG really spend all night out on that pier? 

Of course the inevitable had to happen even it was stretching it that Ross somehow managed to get hold of the wedding limo, what's happened to the original driver, lying unconscious/dead somewhere?  I think it was just SG he was going to snatch but Willow and Bella happened to be with her so he may have thought 'why not, let's really up the ante'.  They did all leap in quite willingly, so hardly bundled,  but they thought it was a nice surprise arranged by Colby to take SG and him on their honeymoon.   Felt most sorry for Bella who has her hopes Ross wasn't totally the bad guy smashed.  I said before he isn't your usual mindless thug so must have a plan in mind

Back to Brody,  yes what is he playing at?   I was going to forgive Simone for being taken in by him as because as she said he was to text her if 'things changed' meaning he'd broken up with Ziggy but as you said Red, she'd seen him chatting happily away to Ben & Maggie so kind of gave the game away there.  Was their free meal a way his of salving his conscious? Like the food analogy there Red.:wink:  H&S wouldn't be pleased with Simone & Brody using the storeroom to have mad passionate sex.

Raffy may be younger in years  than Coco and Ryder but she was bumped up a year as she was quite gifted.

Really pleased Robbo didn't propose to Jasmine when she was drunk.  Very sweet he decided to do it at the place where they had their picnic, he's quite the romantic. :wub:  Enjoy it while you can you two.

Who is SG?

6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Re Ryder/Raffy, I still don't like the fact it was more about poor Coco and less about Ryder and Raffy enjoying being a couple.  Who cares if she can't handle Ryder and Raffy being together?  That's her problem.  And I wasn't keen on Ryder learning to drive with Coco initially although I did find Coco's "We can't upset Raffy" reaction when Ryder was reluctant to leave Raffy out because of her epilepsy quite funny.

Mason annoyed me the way he had a word with Ryder about his relationship with Raffy.  I bet that was partly motivated by the fact things aren't going well for him, workwise or in the girlfriend department.

I do accept that this storyline with Bella requires a certain suspension of disbelief given that she was brainwashed by Ross for years and suddenly became on Colby's side.

One thing I really like about Dean is that he has a very contagious smile.

Glad Willow has called it quits with Justin.  I feel he's better off without her and I actually hope nothing happens with Dean as he would be better off without her as well.

Disappointed is the word that immediately came to mind when I saw Brody in the preview for the Friday episode last week.  I didn't find the way he cheated on Ziggy very plausible (Just calling Simone out of the blue as booty call and risking everything).  Although I will say that I said a while back when they first got engaged that they were getting married too soon and if it wasn't for the fact Maggie had cancer they wouldn't have gotten hitched at all.  It did annoy me when Simone said she didn't come to see Brody to break up a marriage because she knew shortly after Brody met he was spoken so even if he hadn't cheated the marriage still would have ended in order for her to be with him.  Worst thing is Ziggy is going the be thinking this is Jarrod all over and Ben is going to be thinking Brody is a scumbag and he was right about him from the start.

So Tori is now pregnant with Robbo's child.  Although I don't think Tori would ever do this, one aspect of this is with regards to maintenance.  Just say Tori wasn't in a position to work and support the child, she could potentially demand maintenance from Robbo.

I couldn't stop laughing when Ross drove Bella, Chelsea and Willow away from Summer Bay and there was panic when Bella realised who he was.  Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

That photo of Alf & Martha looked a lot more modern that it should. It also looked like they used a recent photo of Ray & put his 80s hair on it. Also, they could have used a more recognisable backdrop for it, the beach, even Summer Bay House and made it look more grainy as it would in the 80s.

• Dan F unpinned this topic
On 09/03/2019 at 21:44, Red Ranger 1 said:

Third thought that just occurred to me: What if, instead of the abortion metaphor, we ignore the fact the embryo's been fertilised and focus on the fact that Tori wasn't pregnant. Suppose Tori and Robbo were a couple trying for a child the old-fashioned way, she got pregnant and had a miscarriage, and Robbo told her he couldn't go through that again and wanted to stop trying. Tori acted as though she was okay with that but didn't go back on the pill (which he assumed she had) and fell pregnant again.Legally, she's entitled to do that.Ethically, I think people might have a problem with it.

Yes, sure - although I guess the difference is that this fertilised embryo already exists, because Robbo consented in creating it - he just withdrew consent for her to carry it to term afterwards. If Tori tricked him into getting her pregnant by pretending to be on the pill, then that's quite a different thing, as it's not a part of her that he's withholding his permission on. In a very real sense, this is already Tori's baby; so it's more analogous to him telling her to have a termination, or perhaps, since we're talking very early stages, telling her to take the morning-after pill.

On 10/03/2019 at 11:53, c120701 said:

Likewise, if Tori had got Robbo drunk or drugged him and had sex with him to get pregnant, would a court rule that the pregnancy should be terminated as the sex was non-consensual?

I don't think any court anywhere would rule that someone had to terminate a pregnancy, however it was conceived. Though if there was some form of drugging or assault involved, she could certainly end up in trouble with the law more generally.

On 10/03/2019 at 15:51, H&Alover said:

As I said, I don't support Tori keeping it a secret from Robbo, and I certainly wouldn't support her cutting him out of the child's life. But I do query whether going ahead with the implantation in itself was really as wrong as people seem to be suggesting.

3 hours ago, atrus said:

Yes, sure - although I guess the difference is that this fertilised embryo already exists, because Robbo consented in creating it - he just withdrew consent for her to carry it to term afterwards. If Tori tricked him into getting her pregnant by pretending to be on the pill, then that's quite a different thing, as it's not a part of her that he's withholding his permission on. In a very real sense, this is already Tori's baby; so it's more analogous to him telling her to have a termination, or perhaps, since we're talking very early stages, telling her to take the morning-after pill.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it's kind of in between the two scenarios.There's a fertilised embryo but Tori wasn't pregnant.So yes, there's a difference between tricking someone into getting you pregnant the old-fashioned way and implanting yourself with an embryo they knowingly helped create against their wishes.There's also a difference between wanting someone to have an abortion and wanting them to not use the embryo that's being held in storage.It all depends on which difference you think is more important!

Archived