1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Tug stole Roxy's car and Shane figured it out but was too late and Tug crashed the car and ended up in hospital. Shane you were told to keep it under wraps yet it's spread across half the town by the end of the episode. [\spoiler] 

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree 100%

Glad Sarah could get through to Tug hope he takes her advice and talks to  a consoler.

why wasn't she told about the accident before Angel told her though?!

like everyone but Sarah knew.

I agree. Yesterdays episode when Shane told Don about the accident why didnt we see Srah feature and Angel, who is meant to be her best friend should have told her. 

It's interesting watching the episode from 20 years ago and obviously Tug was suffering some depression and back then I guess it was a taboo subject. But I did cringe today when Luke told him to snap out of it. As we now know that is not what you say to a  person in a dark space. But I am glad he spoke to Sarah.

Nice to see Hayden back. Im guessing he could have a gambling problem and I am trying to work out if he really does want to own a surf shop or he is just using that as a story so he can get his hands on the money. 

Saw 1415 after a long-ass wait, bit of a let down but I supposed they needed a sedate episode after dramatic week.

Irene didn't actually look too bad in that Ailsa cast-off. So she's getting narked for nothing.

Tug and the self-pitying... :rolleyes:

Shane should have worked out Irene took the charger.

Pretty sparse ep with 8 regulars and no guests.

Hopefully, this weekend I should be all caught up!

Ah-hah! I've been waiting for this: This is the point where I started keeping a diary (gosh, I'm old) so I can pinpoint 1415's UK transmission to Monday 1st August 1994, meaning we were five months behind Australia at this point.No-one cares?Oh, okay.

Luke and Roxy still determined to buy the beach house, Tug's self-pity developing into a kind of daze and Irene being a bit over-sensitive, which seems to be a suddenly acquired character trait.I'm wondering if this is going to result in a style change for her...Fin seems to spend a fair chunk of the episode wearing next to nothing.Which was nice.

Tug's self pity is getting a bit old now. Its a bit childish and I agree with above posters-why wasn't Sarah told first? Considering she's his closest friend. :/

And loved it when Shane acted all worried about Tug. He ran half naked to Tug's place lol :P I'll never forget that sight.

I don't trust Hayden. Sorry but I don't. I don't remember this storyline and Fin throwing herself at Hayden.

I remember the story quite well. H&A was something I'd watch at Lunchtime during the Summer Hols, and would watch it again after coming in from playing with my friends and this was a prominent storyline. And I think this one of the few times Thames/Carlton left in the end credits!

My review of the week 1616-20

Complete absence of Sal and I don't think Sam even got a speaking part (not a bad thing some may say, I'm pointing at you Old H&A Fan lol). Alf and Nick's absences were settled the previous week. Guess the with the latter, The Sarge had to step up.

Glad Tug's self-pitying eventually came to a head. Sarah was the only one who managed to get through to him. That was one of the better car crashes of the early years (I'm still calling this period that even though 7Two seemed to drop the label around the time Bobby died)

Joy Smithers was smoking back then. I would understand if Mat Doran had "Difficulties standing up without drawing attention to himself".  "I'm Hot and Ready!". :lol::lol:

Fin/Haydn; Those of us who watched first time round know how THIS will play out.

Irene actually carries that dress better than Ailsa does. I remember the brief housekeeper thing too.

Shane actually caring about Tug more than he will admit...Which Ironic as Tug would have been cheering if Shane had gone through with his Jeff Hardy impression off Jump Rock the previous year.

Now I think of it, this was pretty much Tug week written by Kit Oldfield (for 80% of it) and 60-40 split between Russell Webb and Jovita O'Shaughnessy directing.

Glad Tug seems to be working things out liked how he was having a go at Shane when he was visiting him in hospital. Oh Finlay mind your own business. Damian had to drive  Sarah to the hospital and was forced to stop to help an elder when her car broke down. Missing his tutor session I wouldn't call it a date Cathy is married. 

Archived