1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

1386 - 1390
Roxy setting the rules for her relationship with James.

Angel changes her mind about letting Nick risk his career for her after Shane talks to her.

Sarah/Nathan/Damien all need money for different reasons and then school money going missing. Also Angel and Shane are heading to the city to look for Dylan and they need money too. So Nathan and Sarah back each other up about them not stealing the money but Nathan did steal the money.

Sam convinces Fisher to pay for his new cap and Adam ends up deliberately dropping it in the sea but Sam puts it in the oven, bye bye hat, 30 gone.

I feel so bad for Fin not getting the marks to go to university and thinking Micheal wanted her to move out.

Nathan admitted to Damien he stole the money and Damien has finally seen the light abut his brother.

Luke joking to Roxy about James having a wife wasn't funny. Roxy and James fighting about violence.

Roy tries to convince Tug that he wants to make this work. Nice that Luke tried to make Tug feel better and in return Tug told James that Roxy liked to eat curry when she doesn't.

Shane finds Angel in the city and they both are trying to find Paul, Dylan's father.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Sam Sam. First you be stupid and cause Nick to crash into a caravan and then you set Adam's house on fire. Not a good day. 

Certain irony in Ailsa having an opinion regarding perms....

​I know quite a few 9/10 year olds that a smarter than Sam :/ 

I can't believe Roxy at the moment. Bad mouthing Irene like that.

Luke bending over backwards for Tug but as usual Tug doesn't appreciate it.

Fin and Damian have both worn out there welcome in the Summer Bay House.

Sam is such an annoying little spoiled brat. And Fisher panders to him, and has the hide to accuse Michael and Pippa of neglect without knowing the facts. Just like he had the hide to attack Tug for allegedly giving Nathan the wrong time for the interview.

Take off that stupid hat Sarah! Everyone has seen your hair and no one cares!

I agree with Sam being a spoiled brat. He was never this bad when Greg was around was he? Always getting into some kind of trouble. And when he gets something he wants he ruins it. :/

Really hope Irene gets the Beach House and turfs out snooty Roxy. Sure Irene is a bit rough around the edges but she's not as bad as Roxy said.

And do Pippa and Michael have any legal claim to foster Sam? Don's still his grandfather and its not if Greg is dead-he's just a bad father. Practically writing off Sam.

I got a good laugh out of one of last week’s scenes, after Irene was saying she was “mutton dressed as lamb” while wearing Fin’s outfits. After having a look at some of Ailsa’s outfits she mentioned now she would just be “mutton dressed as mutton!”. :lol: The look Ailsa gave was hilarious.

Well, I’ve just caught up on about a month’s worth of episodes, up to 1414. And I have to admit I felt more than a bit sorry for Roy. His downfall may have been his own stupid fault but he was well-intentioned, despite everyone, especially his son, being very quick to think the worst of him, and wanted to turn his life around, only to lose everything in one swoop. Tug on the other hand I don’t think I’ve felt more than the occasional twinge of sympathy for. His self-pitying is very unattractive, and when he drops it it’s just so he can go back to his other unattractive quality, acting as though he’s “entitled” to Sarah and it’s only a matter of time before she realises what a mistake she’s making by not being with him. I could do a tirade here but I’ve flogged that dead horse enough.

Angel was another one that it was hard to have sympathy with for lengthy periods. She insists on telling Dylan she’s his mother against the advice of people a lot more intelligent and objective than her, coming across as quite the fantasist, then blames them all for being right. I was glad Shane called her out on going into a sulk just because Dylan didn’t yell “Mummy!” and dive into her arms. Shane’s been very likable lately yet he’s not a complete straight arrow: It was a nice touch to have him be insensitive towards Sarah but then make up for it, and another role reversal when he’s less keen than Damian on guilt tripping Nick.

And we say goodbye to Adam, who’s been there since the days of Frank and Roo. Everyone seemed quick to judge him as well, with Alf and Don branding him a thief on very little evidence, but it was good that he had that final chat with Don (which is obviously what I’ve been mixing up with Don’s speech at the end of ’93). A low-key but ultimately positive note to end on. And I haven’t gone completely crazy, Irene does end up borrowing Fin’s clothes after the fire as well as after her things were stolen when she came back.

I remember first time round thinking Nick does an incredibly poor job of warning Roxy that Fin can hear her badmouthing Irene: Instead of saying something like “Hi, Fin” he does a vague “You don’t mean that” act. So, things are definitely in motion for Irene to buy the beach house but given my memory of who ends up sharing it with her I’m intrigued to see just how the pieces slot into place. Given that she seemed to forgive Ailsa for not wanting her as a partner (ironic given that she’s now best known for owning the Diner) in the gap between episodes, she seems to be holding onto the grudge against Roxy a bit.

Despite being a bit of a brat, Sam is now fully integrated into the Ross household, and Don’s overly sulky behaviour (despite agreeing when he first moved in to leave discipline to Michael and Pippa) is redeemed by some lovely scenes between him and Sam in the aftermath.

Oh, and James went. He seemed to go through a fairly extreme jerkification in the process.

Archived