1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

So Mr Perfect is not so perfect after all. The beginning of the end for James and Roxy. We hope. Luke will ever be so pleased.

And Alf should have trusted his instinct when it comes to Adam. Especially when he says " trust me!" and with Adam, something always goes wrong!

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Angel's problem? Why is she holding back from Shane? Because "the time isn't right"? After how long have they been together? 6 months? Whereas Ben and Carly had gone even further after just 7 days!! And Carly was raped attacked and had reason to hold back? Am I missing something???

Its funny comparing seasons from then and now. The biggest issue was Nathan stealing the school fees and Finn taking up table space with a sewing machine compared to todays stories with smuggling drugs into jail and Brax wanting to escape.

Poor Tug though with his Dad letting him down again.

What is Angel's problem? Why is she holding back from Shane? Because "the time isn't right"? After how long have they been together? 6 months? Whereas Ben and Carly had gone even further after just 7 days!! And Carly was raped attacked and had reason to hold back?

Did that actually happen?I seem to remember Ben and Carly being relatively chaste in the early days (lots of hugging and kissing but no real indication of anything more), to the point that I'm actually not convinced they slept together before they were married.Of course, they got married after only being together about 4/5 months, so they got there quicker either way.

Its funny comparing seasons from then and now. The biggest issue was Nathan stealing the school fees and Finn taking up table space with a sewing machine compared to todays stories with smuggling drugs into jail and Brax wanting to escape.

It has struck me that aside from births, deaths and marriage, something else 1994 seems almost entirely devoid of is villains.You've got Nathan at the start as a holdover from 1993 and then...no-one? I actually don't think there's any real out and out villains, just minor antagonists, one-shot characters and regulars taking it in turns to be temporary antagonists (notably Jack but also Tug on occasion).Not sure if Shannon's Nathan/Revhead equivalent turns up late 94 or early 95.(And I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I've been getting her and Sarah mixed up a lot in my head.I remember when Sarah and Nathan first kissed, it seemed very familiar when I saw it but I'd been convinced it happened another way.Now I'm thinking "Oh, wait...that wasn't her, was it?")

Glad to see Nathan go, good riddance.

But just wondering, did anyone think that Fisher deserved everything he got? Remember how he bought Nathan's lie about Tug giving him the wrong time for the interview for the cleaner at the school? Fisher didn't even ask for Tug's side of the story, he went off half-cocked and believed Nathan who had just done time in gaol. I know that Tug did as well a while ago, but why did he believe Nathan over Tug and not even ask for Tug's side of the story before just going off half-cocked accusing Tug of giving Nathan the wrong time?

What is Angel's problem? Why is she holding back from Shane? Because "the time isn't right"? After how long have they been together? 6 months? Whereas Ben and Carly had gone even further after just 7 days!! And Carly was raped attacked and had reason to hold back?

Did that actually happen?I seem to remember Ben and Carly being relatively chaste in the early days (lots of hugging and kissing but no real indication of anything more), to the point that I'm actually not convinced they slept together before they were married.Of course, they got married after only being together about 4/5 months, so they got there quicker either way.

It has struck me that aside from births, deaths and marriage, something else 1994 seems almost entirely devoid of is villains.You've got Nathan at the start as a holdover from 1993 and then...no-one? I actually don't think there's any real out and out villains, just minor antagonists, one-shot characters and regulars taking it in turns to be temporary antagonists (notably Jack but also Tug on occasion).Not sure if Shannon's Nathan/Revhead equivalent turns up late 94 or early 95.(And I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I've been getting her and Sarah mixed up a lot in my head.I remember when Sarah and Nathan first kissed, it seemed very familiar when I saw it but I'd been convinced it happened another way.Now I'm thinking "Oh, wait...that wasn't her, was it?")

You're thinking of Eric who appears very early 1995.

I'm still under the belief that after the two deaths in 1993, the writers/producers were like "You know what, we've had two tragedies last year and enough character depression/misery (Sophie, Pippa, Adam), we need to inject more comedy/positivity."

And as you previously stated, you found Pippa and Michael's marital woes a lot more unsettling than any psycho with an axe to grind waving a gun around.

Glad to see Nathan go, good riddance.

But just wondering, did anyone think that Fisher deserved everything he got? Remember how he bought Nathan's lie about Tug giving him the wrong time for the interview for the cleaner at the school? Fisher didn't even ask for Tug's side of the story, he went off half-cocked and believed Nathan who had just done time in gaol. I know that Tug did as well a while ago, but why did he believe Nathan over Tug and not even ask for Tug's side of the story before just going off half-cocked accusing Tug of giving Nathan the wrong time?

And while, Don did lose a little sympathy after that but Tug's sympathy had long since been lost given a lot of his actions.

Did that actually happen?I seem to remember Ben and Carly being relatively chaste in the early days (lots of hugging and kissing but no real indication of anything more), to the point that I'm actually not convinced they slept together before they were married.Of course, they got married after only being together about 4/5 months, so they got there quicker either way. .....

Apart from the sluggish time of it Angel gave Shane in bed (this is the argument I am questioning here), Shane & Angel's relationship grew at a natural rate. Unlike Ben and Carly's hideously rushed decision to get married, Shane & Angel made the decision to get married having known each other for a good year, enough to know and get used to the pros and cons of being together.

What is Angel's problem? Why is she holding back from Shane? Because "the time isn't right"? After how long have they been together? 6 months? Whereas Ben and Carly had gone even further after just 7 days!! And Carly was raped attacked and had reason to hold back? Am I missing something???

One minute you're complaining about too much sexual activity, the next you're upset a young couple aren't banging away like a privy door in a gale...

Archived