Future characters from the past

Homeandawayfan.

I wonder if in the future they will bring back some past characters, as long as the surname does not begin with B and ends in n lol. Seriously though, as discussed in another thread, I wonder if Finlay, Damo and/or Nathan should come back, even for just a short while to see Irene. Maybe Fin's children should come to live in Summer Bay.

Emma Jackson could make a return. I did hear Dannii Minogue has expressed an interest in a return for a stint.

I would love to see Alison Patterson back but the original actress Kathryn Ridley is working for NSW government apparently so if she was to return, she would have to be recast. It is 26 years since she left. Alison was a cousin of popular character Vinnie and she is related to VJ. The Patterson's are a legacy family in the show.

What about Martha MacKenzie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Alison Patterson back but the original actress Kathryn Ridley is working for NSW government apparently so if she was to return, she would have to be recast. It is 26 years since she left. Alison was a cousin of popular character Vinnie and she is related to VJ. The Patterson's are a legacy family in the show.

Plus she was in Roo's year at high school, so they could use that connection too and have an on-going rivalry between the pair.

I would like to see the Foster family element return, and like with Sally, it would be great if a former foster child took charge of the family? What is Sharyn Hodgson or Adam Willits doing now? I would not object to recasting Ben Lucini if it got Carly back full-time :)

Plus they both new Roo and Marilyn (and Steven knew Irene) so there isn't just the Alf connection.

Also:

• I'd love to see Celia return, as the "town gossip" was never really replaced when Colleen left.
  • Irene has grandchildren who could be introduced - it would make more sense than filling her house with random lodgers (I like her relationship with Spencer and Chris though)
  • Shauna Bradley could have children, and Alf wants to be part of their lives because they are Ailsa's children
  • Christopher Fletcher, making the first ever gay regular

Did 2014 even have any past character return? Not like Jake but veterans like Morag? Someone on the forum said that the show usually brings in at least 1 old character each year

From what I can gather the answer is no sadly there weren't any past character returnees last year who used to be a part of the main cast a while back.

I must say it's unusual so hopefully we see a few returnees this year where appropriate.

They could have an old character (I mean elderly) return and they are hiding a secret (the secret is that they are dying of one of the rare cancers like pancreatic cancer or esophageal) and it isn't until the character faints, the rest of the bay finds out.

Sandra Barlow could return to the bay with her new family and mistakenly move into her old house and she gets a bad feeling and her husband insists that they move in, or her father could come back for a week or two looking for her and she avoids talking to him.

Greg could come back with a new wife.

Brett Macklin could return and try to rekindle his relationship with Roo.

There's plenty I'd love to see return such as the Roberts kids It would help generate more screen time for Irene and give her a different sort of storyline I loved Findlay in the early years and was guttered that she didn't get many big storylines at that time, I'd also love for Damo to return maybe dating Angel Parish he's always liked her and maybe they could have a kid together who they bring back to the bay to see where they spent their childhood. Morag, Celia and Coleen are always good and I enjoyed the return for Roo's wedding I'd especially love for Morag and Celia to return full time as I think there great onscreen together I was quite surprised that she has not returned more often since her original departure (Celia), I would also loved to see more of the Fletcher kids return even if just for Visits as they were the original family and were broken up way to early IMO, a Vinnie return would be great i'd love to see that just as Leah and Zac are happy and settled I think it would also be good for VJ. Lance smart's another I'd love to see a full time return for what a character he was I don't think there has ever been a comedy character to fill his and Martin's shoes, Dex and Chris have tried.

Not a return as such but the introduction of Debra Alf's sister who never gets mentioned one of the bay's mystery's as to why she never get's mentioned it would finally be good to get an answer for that.

If Vinnie can come back, then maybe Michael could come back, there could be a good story for him too, he was swept away and landed in a different town and had to rebuild his life, with no money, his family all the way away in Summer Bay. He comes back to the bay, looking for the Ross family, asking all the characters that have come since he left, they don't know any Ross', so he decides to enter the diner and sees Alf and Irene, Alf strewths, Irene flips out and Michael tells them his story, Alf then calls Pippa who had divorced Ian a few years ago and she comes back to the bay.

I often wondered what if ever Tug or Damo returned, from the mischievous teens they were 20 years ago now as 40 year old men. Damo is now a man of the cloth. Reverend Damian Roberts lol when 20 years ago he was a typical teen and him and Shane were the Lance and Martin of the 1990s. Although often I remember Damo having to bail Shane out a lot. Good old days.

Archived