Future characters from the past

Homeandawayfan.

I wonder if in the future they will bring back some past characters, as long as the surname does not begin with B and ends in n lol. Seriously though, as discussed in another thread, I wonder if Finlay, Damo and/or Nathan should come back, even for just a short while to see Irene. Maybe Fin's children should come to live in Summer Bay.

Emma Jackson could make a return. I did hear Dannii Minogue has expressed an interest in a return for a stint.

I would love to see Alison Patterson back but the original actress Kathryn Ridley is working for NSW government apparently so if she was to return, she would have to be recast. It is 26 years since she left. Alison was a cousin of popular character Vinnie and she is related to VJ. The Patterson's are a legacy family in the show.

What about Martha MacKenzie.

I never heard of Alison, is she related to Leah?

She is Vinnie's cousin.

Wait, isn´t Patterson Leah´s original last name? Did people react to Vinnie being related to her when he came into the show like 10 years after? This is really new for me

No, Leah's maiden name is Poulos - see her character profile

There was a mention after Sally's failed wedding of Vinnie being Alison's cousin when she came up in conversation, but that was the only mention I believe.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if in the future they will bring back some past characters, as long as the surname does not begin with B and ends in n lol. Seriously though, as discussed in another thread, I wonder if Finlay, Damo and/or Nathan should come back, even for just a short while to see Irene. Maybe Fin's children should come to live in Summer Bay.

Emma Jackson could make a return. I did hear Dannii Minogue has expressed an interest in a return for a stint.

I would love to see Alison Patterson back but the original actress Kathryn Ridley is working for NSW government apparently so if she was to return, she would have to be recast. It is 26 years since she left. Alison was a cousin of popular character Vinnie and she is related to VJ. The Patterson's are a legacy family in the show.

She is Vinnie's cousin.

Wait, isn´t Patterson Leah´s original last name? Did people react to Vinnie being related to her when he came into the show like 10 years after? This is really new for me

There was a mention after Sally's failed wedding of Vinnie being Alison's cousin when she came up in conversation, but that was the only mention I believe.

So Vinnie came into the show and no one knew he was related to her despite having the same last name? o.O

Now it´s gonna be Leah Patterson-Baker-MacGuire. Why don´t she get rid of her dead husbands last names and get her old back? It sounds weird with that many last names

She is Vinnie's cousin.

So Vinnie came into the show and no one knew he was related to her despite having the same last name? o.O

Now it´s gonna be Leah Patterson-Baker-MacGuire. Why don´t she get rid of her dead husbands last names and get her old back? It sounds weird with that many last names

Well there was no reason for it to be mentioned as soon as Vinnie arrived, Alison (and her sister Kim) were only guest characters who hadn't been seen for over 8 years. Obviously the writers of the time named him as such knowing that there was a history of that name in the bay, but it was mentioned when the Fletchers were reminiscing in 2000, and Alison's other siblings Skye & Mav were later brought in as guests too.

Hayley always comes across as more mature then Gypsy.

When Gyspy returned in 2011, the way she had a go at April was so immature. I could not but help but think that if it was Hayley that returned in 2011 to look after Irene then Hayley would have acted so much more mature and would know how to reason with April!.

I never forget how Hayley was being so mature in not blaming Tasha for Noah being shot by Sarah when it was Tasha gun she stole.

• 10 months later...
On 18/2/2015 at 0:16 AM, Homeandawayfan. said:

I often wondered what if ever Tug or Damo returned, from the mischievous teens they were 20 years ago now as 40 year old men. Damo is now a man of the cloth. Reverend Damian Roberts lol when 20 years ago he was a typical teen and him and Shane were the Lance and Martin of the 1990s. Although often I remember Damo having to bail Shane out a lot. Good old days.

Damien would be a great character! Being a reverend he could end up getting a little to crazy and begin to spout hatred at certain people (that the Bible is against), he could return to Summer Bay, start a church and begin to indoctrinate his congregation with his hateful views, he begins to show resentment towards Irene (for her past), his hatred stems from his childhood (when Irene drank), with his hatred, he begins to forget all the happy and fun times he had with Irene, when she moved to the Bay and begins to see that he's being an ass and starts to remember what he is forgetting about Irene. It would make a good storyline, I mean, has the Bay EVER seen a religious nut?

2 hours ago, Trudy Heine said:

What about Melody's mum, or Rev Hall?

Reverend Hall was crazy, but not a crazy hateful one. However, he does resemble a pastor in America known for his hateful sermons.

Archived