Episode 6000

Guest cadyctslover

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope they do something! It would be a horrible thing to just skip over such a wonderful milestone.
I love the idea of bringing back some past characters with connections to Irene...we've had ones with connections with Alf/Sally, but never Irene. Considering she's been a "mother" to so many kids, it'd be nice to see some of them come back and say hello to her.
However in saying this, I'm not actually holding out much hope of this happening. Everything these days tends to be Braxton orientated...hopefully the writers/producers can do something other than just the Braxtons.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen the synopsis for episodes 5999-6000 on this website, and I have to say that while most of it sounds like how Summer Bay is in every other episode, there seems to be a storyline that belongs in a place like the 6000th episode. A storyline that focuses on the family of a character who has been there for the whole 26 years of Home and Away (although not as much of the family as was shown in the Great episode 4000 (a personal favourite due to seeing so many past characters that I loved)). The rest of it seems typical, with your usual Braxton/Barrett/MacGuire/other storylines. But I'm intrigued by this.

• 2 weeks later...

I still live in hope that Lucy and Louise go soon. Lets hope they dont get their hands on Neighbours lol.

A flashback seems a good idea. We did have one of Alf as a 5 year old in 1950. H&A has done lots of flashbacks. We have seen ones of Fisher and Morag in 1970 and Fisher in 1982.

Let's not forget

Alf and Roo in 1985 after Martha Sr's funeral finding her diary (The whole Bobby/Morag reveal)

Alf in 1987 getting it on with Tulip O'Hare witnessed by a very Young Penn.

Congratulations on your 6000th episode Home And Away. You started on 17 Jan 1988 and no one dreamt it would reach its 6000th episode. 6001 if you include that pilot episode.

H&A, you and Neighbours have conquered the world and in the 1980s when you began showing in the UK you gave the twee and outdated Corrie, Crossroads, Emmerdale and Take The High Road a kick up the backside. Neighbours and H&A have stood the test of time longer than their predecessors Prisoner, A Country Practice and Sons And Daughters.

Archived