Will there ever be another episode like 4000?

Guest matty

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in the near future IMO.

The fact that Rebekah Elmaloglou publicly stated that she loves H&A and would be happy to reprise her role as Sophie and they turned her down says it all for me...

I just don't think the current team are willing to really put in the effort of creating a proper engaging drama and are happy to simply conjure up "shock plots" that they think people will tune in for.

^See I think the current producers do think they are creating compelling drama. It just doesn't live up to it's previous standards. I will say that Gina's death and the aftermath was touching at times though. (I think John, Jett and Marilyn are the better written and most entertaining in the current format though).

I don't think there will be another episode like 4000 in the near future either. If there was it would feel completely out of place. Again there were some nice moments during Sally's first few episodes back that actually felt like I was watching H&A, such as the scene when she and Alf had a chat sitting on the stairs. But I felt underwhelmed by the overall plot and I don't know why. Something to do with the tone. Perhaps it's because Summer Bay isn't Summer Bay anymore, it's become uninviting.

This episode was great, with Blake, Sophie, Lance, Barbara, Celia, Sarah and others back in the show at the same time again. Will there ever be such a reunion again?

I say for their 30th anniversary in 2018. Maybe it could be Sally's 40th!

That could work, but Sally would probably have to be on the show on a full-time basis.

Alf's 70th in 2015 could be great if a lot of guest characters returned, but would that be too similar to his 60th Birthday? A part of me feels that Alf's 70th Birthday would be great in paying tribute to Chloe who died soon after his 60th birthday in that tragic accident caused by Jesse McGregor. I remember in either episode 4001 or 4002 Alf saw his birthday gift from Chloe and the birthday card said that she couldn't wait to celebrate his 70th Birthday or something along those lines.

Maybe the Birthday can coincide with Jesse's return to the show. It would be gripping and emotional to watch and it would bring up memories for Alf, Irene and I guess Leah as well.

This episode was great, with Blake, Sophie, Lance, Barbara, Celia, Sarah and others back in the show at the same time again. Will there ever be such a reunion again?

I say for their 30th anniversary in 2018. Maybe it could be Sally's 40th!

That could work, but Sally would probably have to be on the show on a full-time basis.

Alf's 70th in 2015 could be great if a lot of guest characters returned, but would that be too similar to his 60th Birthday? A part of me feels that Alf's 70th Birthday would be great in paying tribute to Chloe who died soon after his 60th birthday in that tragic accident caused by Jesse McGregor. I remember in either episode 4001 or 4002 Alf saw his birthday gift from Chloe and the birthday card said that she couldn't way to celebrate his 70th Birthday or something along those lines.

Maybe the Birthday can coincide with Jesse's return to the show. It would be gripping and emotional to watch and it would bring up memories for Alf, Irene and I guess Leah as well.

Yes. That is a good idea

Archived