Will there ever be another episode like 4000?

Guest matty

For an arc like that, two Key players that should return

Olivia Richards, all of 20, coming face to face with the man who killed her mother

Rachel McGregor, reconnecting with her father

And for the hell of it cos it's never a bad time to see her, throw in Diana Fraser, to see her granddaughter, and no doubt cause trouble.

cue a mass audience of Riverboy fans who have NO idea what's going on. :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could work, but Sally would probably have to be on the show on a full-time basis.

Alf's 70th in 2015 could be great if a lot of guest characters returned, but would that be too similar to his 60th Birthday? A part of me feels that Alf's 70th Birthday would be great in paying tribute to Chloe who died soon after his 60th birthday in that tragic accident caused by Jesse McGregor. I remember in either episode 4001 or 4002 Alf saw his birthday gift from Chloe and the birthday card said that she couldn't wait to celebrate his 70th Birthday or something along those lines.

Maybe the Birthday can coincide with Jesse's return to the show. It would be gripping and emotional to watch and it would bring up memories for Alf, Irene and I guess Leah as well.

Isn´t alf born in 1944? that would make him 71 in 2015

I think unless there are major changes made to to the show, realistically the way they might celebrate such a milestone will be to bring back Brax for a special appearance (presuming he leaves within the next year or so). I can't see them going too far back because as has been mentioned, a lot of the new fans won't have a clue what's going on and perhaps the new fans make up the bulk of the audience these days.

Doesn't the UK audience matter?

I live in the UK and everyone I know who watches/has watched is older and has a knowledge of the show.

They need to realise that there are lots of people watching who remember loads about the shows past and would like it to be celebrated.

Obviously I'm not saying that will happen. But I can imagine that there will be more of a focus on the show over the past ten years rather than going further back.

Having said that, back in 2006-2009 I would never have imagined Marilyn ever returning because the show seemed to move way past a character like her and yet come 2010 she was back. So anything's possible. It all depends on who's producing.

That could work, but Sally would probably have to be on the show on a full-time basis.

Alf's 70th in 2015 could be great if a lot of guest characters returned, but would that be too similar to his 60th Birthday? A part of me feels that Alf's 70th Birthday would be great in paying tribute to Chloe who died soon after his 60th birthday in that tragic accident caused by Jesse McGregor. I remember in either episode 4001 or 4002 Alf saw his birthday gift from Chloe and the birthday card said that she couldn't wait to celebrate his 70th Birthday or something along those lines.

Maybe the Birthday can coincide with Jesse's return to the show. It would be gripping and emotional to watch and it would bring up memories for Alf, Irene and I guess Leah as well.

Ray Meagher who plays Alf was born in 1944.

Alf celebrated his 60th Birthday in 2005 and this was mentioned again in 2006 when Ric and Cassie provided a small gift for him on his 61st Birthday.

I think when the show began, Alf was supposed to be 45 which meant he would have been born in 1942/1943 but then they changed it to 1945.

Ray Meagher who plays Alf was born in 1944.

Alf celebrated his 60th Birthday in 2005 and this was mentioned again in 2006 when Ric and Cassie provided a small gift for him on his 61st Birthday.

I think when the show began, Alf was supposed to be 45 which meant he would have been born in 1942/1943 but then they changed it to 1945.

Hmm i guess it´s not the first time someone suddenly is older in a show or younger, if my math is correct vj is now born in 1999 and not 2001 for examples

As she is quite a big star, would the current producers ever bring back Dannii Minogue for any of the above occasions? I know there were rumours in the past. I'd love to see Emma re unite with Alf. She got on pretty well with Marilyn too.

Dannii said before she's disappointed she was never asked back. I think it was after the Mirgini disaster storyline she said this.

Archived