What do you find wrong with the storylines the most?

Guest TelephotoMarigold

What do you find wrong with the storylines most?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO

1. Braxtons + Bianca
  2. Jett/John
  3. Sasha, Indi, Sid
  4. Maddy/Spencer and Zac/Natalie
  5. April/Dex (they havent really been doing anything)
  6. Alf, Roo, Harvey and Marilyn
  7. Irene

Alf and Marilyn have been given more lines/storylines. But Irene has way less than them. Its a miracle when she has more than 10 lines in a week!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Interesting how it seems to have changed over the past 6 months then. It's good to see that you think Jett/John has more screen time because they're two of my favourite characters and deserve it.

Irene just seems pointless. She doesn't have a personality or meaning any more, other than to dish out coffee and advice. Her personalty is treated as a storyline (let's make her aggressive or outspoken) rather than it being apart of who she is in every day life. She used to have a unique character voice, but this is going back pretty much 10 years now. She just isn't Irene anymore. Again it was from 2005 that she seemed to just morph into this new-era Irene and she's just slowly faded and faded into what she is now.

alexx you seriously need to become a TV producer - you'd do a fine job on H&A. :D

I've always enjoyed reading your ideas and your thoughts on the show and I think you'd be successul in giving every character a storyline. :)

Many years ago Irene didn't constantly have her own huge storylines - she was just linked with most of the Summer Bay residents and was able to be involved in their stories. Now she really is pointless. I think H&A just needs an overhaul - maybe bring back some old writers.

^ I would like Alan Hardy to come over from Neighbours and be Script Producer again (as he was in the better part of 2008 at H&A). That said I think there should be more frequent turnover in the writing team as a whole to prevent the show from falling into a rut as they have currently.

In terms of Series Producer there should be someone at the helm who understands the history of the show, and understands how to appeal to new and existing fans. Lucy Addario has proven she's not capable of this.

^ I would like Alan Hardy to come over from Neighbours and be Script Producer again (as he was in the better part of 2008 at H&A). That said I think there should be more frequent turnover in the writing team as a whole to prevent the show from falling into a rut as they have currently.

Yes I really liked Alan's work on H&A. I don't know if you watch EastEnders, but they've had the same Series Consultant for 6 years now and he lost his touch years ago IMO. I think if you stay on a show too long then you just start going through the motions.

I think Louise Bowes might be moving on soon. I'd like Lucy to step down too as you say.

I think the way the writers could improve is if they built upon characters as individuals such as the ones who seem to get stuck in a rut with reletionship probelms. If the characters such as Spencer, Maddy Dex and April, Kyle and Tamara maybe, were made abit more meaty they could manage to be in a really cool story away from always being trapped in a couple story

I have to admit I found the Braxtons and their storylines really boring and annoying because they had lots of screen-time more than the others.

I found Spencer and Maddy boring because at first, I was excited when they first arrived as I was looking forwards to what their big secret was and then it turned out they are lovers, not brother and sister. I remembered saying to the screen 'What?! That's their secret?! How so boring!" when they revealed the secret.

And I hate Tamara because she is so annoying like Spencer and Maddy. <_< i hope she leaves soon. And I hate it that Casey and Sasha are no longer friends anymore because of her but I hope they will be friends again one day.

I think Teri had done such a great job because of her performance with the 'Rosie's rape storyline' and she had made a impression on me because how she acted really well in the storyline. I do hope she stays on the show longer. Rosie is my favourite character. And I love her friendship with Sasha-I find their scenes together really enjoyable to watch.

Like I said earlier, I hope the writers will focus on the other characters and give them more screen-time, and give them storylines. More screen-time for the characters, less screen-time for the Braxtons.

That's all I have to say. Sorry if it sounds confusing but I am entitled to my own opnion about what I said in my post :)

I might be in the minority but I wouldn't mind the braxtons getting the screentime they do if they were believable and I could relate to them but with the exception of Heath they've been going around in circles and get away with everything.HAA has always been about issues that we as the audience can relate to and they haven't been doing that successfully as of late.It hasn't grown, more like changed into a completely different show.As a whole there's very little that makes it HAA these days, with all the attention the boys get but with little character development.

Having watched Home And Away for 20 years now, I am disgusted of the TPTB's treatment of Irene... Irene is a HUGE character and Lynne McGranger is one of the best actresses in Home And Away. Irene has sadly become an extra nowadays... She is never in more than 3 minutes in every episode she is in... In fact, Irene probably say 3 lines in each episode :(

Irene is a lovable character but I fear for Irene's popularity because the less Irene do, the more people won't care about Irene. I am sick and tired of Irene not doing anything... The same goes to Alf... When I was a teenager, I used to love the "older" characters being in the forefront. Don Fisher, Pippa, etc... Don was very prominent before he left...

I don't like how Home And Away became a "teen show" now... My mother and sister have stopped watching Home And Away because there is too much focus on certain characters. Eg: The Braxtons, Bianca, etc...

I am a bit worried about Ray Meagher saying Home And Away is a "youth orientated show". There are SO many older fans who watch Home And Away!

Agree with all of that. I think the best thing we can do for Irene to be used better is to keep tweeting Louise Bowes, Lucy Addario and even Lynne herself! She has replied to me in the past and has promised that stuff is coming up - though there's been nothing yet!

I'm baffled by Ray Meagher's statement on the demographic of the show - I would have to disagree. I bet they think that they can attract ratings by hiring hot young people so that all the girls will watch!

Well it's not working since the ratings decrease year on year!

Archived