What do you find wrong with the storylines the most?

Guest TelephotoMarigold

What do you find wrong with the storylines most?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure that the choices for Home and Away are:

Braxton

Braxton

Braxton

Braxton goes off the rails.

Braxton Brother turns up

Alf says Strewth

John or Jett do something

Irene wipes a table

:lol: this is so true!

Braxton

Braxton

Braxton

Braxton Brother turns up

Alf says Strewth

Irene wipes a table

Never has a truer thing been said.My issue isn't really the braxtons themselves it's the quantity of them.We're basically being force fed and I hate it which makes me hate them to an extent.Especially the saintly Brax.

I did type out a very long rant earlier but deleted it before I posted it. Essentially I don't hate them either. I just feel really 'blah' about them as characters.

People see real depth in Brax and his protective side towards his brothers but in reality he says one thing to them and generally does the opposite himself, then when it all kicks off he goes around shouting at them. Heath is no better. Some people see character progression with Heath but I don't see it. If something goes wrong he generally sulks, kicks off, shouts, then says he isn't going to talk about it. Casey is just as bad and I don't know if it were the scriptwriters intention to have him try and emulate Brax or not, because that is what he is doing.

In the beginning of their storyline they were a 'warring' family because Heath and Cheryl bullied Casey on account of how the younger Braxton wanted to go to school and get his HSC. I vaguely remember Cheryl throwing Casey out and yet now Cheryl is supposedly a good character. I'm sorry but she bullied Casey, not even noticing that he had a learning disability, she ignored Brax except when she needed money from and she let her kids get beat by their father whilst she developed a gambling addiction. And people are saying they want to see more of her?

The Rocco storyline is one of the worst ever. Not just because early spoilers guaranteed we knew what was going to happen but the way that we were constantly bombarded with drama, he was premature, he needed a blood transfusion and then he was ill and Heath had to rush him to hospital. I won't touch upon the way that their grief was displayed afterwards as I get shouted down by people with the same rhetoric about grief being dealt with in different ways.

I want to put positives. The scriptwriters are paid professionals and as such are due courtesy at least. I know how hard it is to write a script, stripping away descriptive passages and focusing on the dialogue telling the story, but seriously the writing lets down the show time and again.

• 2 weeks later...

Braxton

Braxton

Braxton

Braxton Brother turns up

Alf says Strewth

Irene wipes a table

You are WAY too generous... Irene wouldn't even be a choice!

• 5 months later...

Pfft, like a lot of others have said here, the show's just "The Braxton Show" these days.
Actually USE the characters you have there, don't add in extra people for the Braxtons all the time.
Who actually cares about these characters anymore?
It's about time they all die isn't it and some of the characters that have been on the show for a long time come back into the forefront.

There is a bit too much focus on the Braxton's for my liking, i mean i like some aspects of their storylines, and some of their relationships, but it's just the sheer volume of screen time they get, whereas other people like Irene for example are lucky if they get 4 or 5 scenes a week! I've noticed there's only ever one episode a week that doesn't feature them heavily! Don't get my wrong i don't hate the Braxtons at all, but it's just a bit unfair on the other characters!

Ray Meagher is not given any scripts, he is just handed one small page where he says "strewth" "You flamin galah" every episode he appears in lol. And Lynne McGranger gets one line to say "Enjoy your meal".

I like the John, Jet, Leah and Mazza scenes, most of them make a good break from the Braxton Show. If the Braxtons left, I am sure crime in Summer Bay would fall.

Archived