What do you find wrong with the storylines the most?

Guest TelephotoMarigold

What do you find wrong with the storylines most?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still too much Braxton storylines and Mafia related stories surrounding them. Home And Away please dont carry on going down this route, go back to pre c2010. I much prefer a "most dramatic" H&A cliffhanger such as the ones of 20 years ago being Shane nicking a car and hiding it away rather than another bomb or murder cliffnager like in 2014.

• 1 month later...

I wish they referred to older story lines so that they can understand each other better like for example like how sasha was insecure about her relationship with spencer when he has such a close bond with maddy which is understandable with how casey broke her heart moving onto tamara so quickly

as much as i love the braxtons they take up too many of the stories and it's unfair to all the other characters they don't get to develop as much as the braxtons ,they might as well just have a whole brand new show about the braxtons

I wish they referred to older story lines so that they can understand each other better like for example like how sasha was insecure about her relationship with spencer when he has such a close bond with maddy which is understandable with how casey broke her heart moving onto tamara so quickly

as much as i love the braxtons they take up too many of the stories and it's unfair to all the other characters they don't get to develop as much as the braxtons ,they might as well just have a whole brand new show about the braxtons

That's what I think has actually happened. The new producers have come in and created a new show. They should have just approached Channel 7 about creating a brand new show about a family called The Braxtons and how they interact with the community in which they live - because that's pretty much what 85-90% of the show is about these days.

If it was still Home and Away, it would be about a community and EVERY character would get at least one decent/dramatic/emotional storyline each year and in between their main stories the characters would develop naturally, on screen and we would watch there lives unfold year by year.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I think has actually happened. The new producers have come in and created a new show. They should have just approached Channel 7 about creating a brand new show about a family called The Braxtons and how they interact with the community in which they live - because that's pretty much what 85-90% of the show is about these days.

If it was still Home and Away, it would be about a community and EVERY character would get at least one decent/dramatic/emotional storyline each year and in between their main stories the characters would develop naturally, on screen and we would watch there lives unfold year by year.

Very much so. As I have said other families have been central but never in the way the Braxtons have. Lucy and Louise have no desire to let this change or even leave H&A to do other shows so it may stay this way unfortunately. Crime, vice, cruelty, unlikeable characters is all in a episodes worth with the Braxtons now, and Alf and Irene get to say "strewth" or "Enjoy your meal" 2 or 3 times a week.

The show does have some lighter moments but they are quickly overcome with another stabbing or shooting. If Lucy and Louise leave, I hope to see H&A return to its pre Braxton era.

• 4 weeks later...

Some storylines drag, and are a bit far fetched. The whole Bianca thing is over the top and far fetched. The whole Casey thing, far fetched. When Brax is in prison too far fetched.

I get tired of seeing on drama of one family play out, then the same family gets drama. I love the Braxton's I would just like to explore more of others history's like Oscar's and that. Well a bit more than just their father.

Maybe explore Chris's history (as much as I dislike him) I'd like to see why he's like he is... a long with Spencer... Sasha too... some are just introduced and that's it.

Will we know more of Denny's history or will that be it? Oh I'm Evie and Oscar's sister.... yuup done with her history?

I like the interaction that the new players get with people like Leah, Irene, and Alf...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It has been a hard decision but I think I shall give Home And Away a wide berth for now. I religiously watch Neighbours and can sit down to a quite relaxing show, but I have been dipping in and out of H&A, hoping for an improvement, and after last nights episode have decided it is maybe time to abandon the show, I may be hoping for an improvement that will never come. Stories are still too far fetched and melodramatic, I loathe the harsh underscore music, too many highly unlikeable characters who I (and most people) would not want to know in real life. Considering how 20 years ago when I was an avid viewer, H&A was the most unmissable show on TV and in the UK it was challenging Corrie and EastEnders in the popularity stakes.

I've been watching H&A for about 10 years and I'm a huge fan. When I started watching I liked the show because it represented real people and real stories. However, during this time (especially lately) I noticed that storylines tend to be repetitive, predictable and very often naïve.

The other thing that starts to annoy me is the way they change characters overnight or make 'bad' guys saints - and then we are expected to like them and sympathize with them. Before there were good guys and villains (Josh West, Amanda Vale, Jezz, etc), but villains stayed villains a long time not just for one storyline. I also don't like how character act out of character (if that makes sense). For example, IMO Zac now is completely different than Zac that came to the Bay (with all this Hannah stuff); Charlie that came to the Bay wouldn't be so stupid to believe that gang leader is not involved in gang business; Brax that came to the Bay wouldn't have chosen Ricky over Casey; Hannah that came to the Bay wouldn't believe someone like Andy over Zac, etc.

I understand that characters such as Irene, Alf, Marilyn, Leah don't have storylines all the time and are presented more like 'supporting' characters and IMO is that writers choose to explore characters whose actors have three year contracts, rather then characters who are regular (they are probably running out of ideas for them). But I think that the Braxtons took over the show - as much as I love them all interesting storylines are about them (also they went to desert, Melbourne, London); and other characters/ storylines are either boring or forgotten.

It looks like there are no happy endings, at least very often. Every time couple is 'madly in love' and can't be happier something tragic happens i.e. Martha and Jack, Romeo and Indi, Belle and Aden, Brax and Charlie, Gina and John, etc.

Archived