What do you find wrong with the storylines the most?

Guest TelephotoMarigold

What do you find wrong with the storylines most?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we get to examine the responses positive about the show as well. The margin for the negative wasn't great and I'm sure many thoughtful responders voted in both postive and negative sections.

I don't really have anything postitve to say about H&A now.

Honestly, I thought with it being the 25th anniversary we'd have no crime storylines and maybe have a long running story that unites the Summer Bay community and maybe see old faces return.

The people in charge don't understand what people want and seem to think that because there are a few fans on FB and a small handful praising Louise on twitter, that they are doing a great job.

The margin for the negative wasn't great and I'm sure many thoughtful responders voted in both postive and negative sections.

Did you read Tele's first post?

She clearly stated that the first poll received lots of votes!

Obviously since I'm no longer a regular viewer, my opinion is based only on what I have read (articles/spoilers) or seen (when catching up on the odd episode to see what kind of shape H&A is in).

I personally find the show on whole boring. Every time I tune in to the odd episode to see whats going on, I end up waiting for the episode to end half way through I am that bored. To me it's so obvious that all the thought and enthusiasm is placed on The Braxtons storylines. It seems like they save up all their ideas for the Braxtons, not that they're very original ideas anyway. Actually they're unoriginal and repetitive. They give everyone else the tedious stuff - which at the moment is hook ups and break ups. More bland and unoriginal 'storylines'. I'd say John/Jett/Marilyn are the exception but from what I've read even that dynamic has become about a romantic misunderstanding.

I just find it all really bland and predictable. No excitement, no real emotional or gritty drama, no inspiring storylines going on and it's got a very cold/uninviting feel. I don't feel I can relate to a lot of the character. Some of them come across as irritating. Summer Bay seems like a depressing place to live and I wouldn't want to know a lot of the characters in real life, so I don't want to watch them on a TV show. Basically I've gone completely off it all. Sorry, talk about a negative post. It's just not a TV show I enjoy. The way I look at it is... if this was a brand new show, would I tune in and enjoy it? The answer is no. The only reason I am still hanging around is because of the history and my previous enjoyment. If I knew for a fact that it would continue going forward the way it has over the past few years, then I would probably delete my account, accept that it's all changed and forget all about it.

I almost agree word for word.

Something else I feel, though whether they ever did it, it's as if nothing's ever planned longer term than a few months ahead. I posted elsewhere that I felt that someone like Bianca had been given huge stories, but effectively despite marriage, rape, whatever, she reset to the Bianca she was before that event and it feels as if very little's happened.

^ Thanks for that link Jezz.

I think TPTB have learnt from their mistakes in 2011 and 2012 but there's still a way to go. H&A is still dominated by the Braxton family and you can see that the writers favour them over other characters. Crime is still focused on a lot too which isn't good. Were strangers turning up in Summer Bay every few months waving guns about and being involved in drugs from 1988-2004? No.

They really need to give Irene Roberts some good storylines - they are lucky to have Lynne as an actress and it's shocking how little she does. She hasn't had a storyline since early last year when she was involved in the very brief karaoke storyline.

I think what is wrong is that H&A is having an identity crisis. They are trying to be a trendy police drama IMO which won't work. You can see that they attempt storylines around families but little effort is put into them.

I think Louise Bowes is getting too comfortable so bringing in a new Script Producer would be good. Lucy Addario hasn't proved to be all that either, at least Cameron Welsh produced 2007 and 2008 which were really good IMO! The show can't sustain itself as it is - it needs an overhaul.

H&A is still dominated by the Braxton family and you can see that the writers favour them over other characters.

Its obvious that the writers favour other characters as well, not just the braxtons.

Take Jett for instance. Will McDonald is an excellent little actor and its great that the writers realize this. Jett's had tons of storylines lately - Jamie stalking him, crush on Indi, bullying storyline, fostering/adoption business, Gina's death, relationship with John, friendship with Casey, Nina...

Hes got such cute friendships with everyone - Casey, Indi, Sasha, Spencer, Maddie, Marilyn, a few great scenes with Dex...

And him and John make one of the best father/son relationships on H&A in a long time.

But definitely time for Irene to get a storyline!

There seems to be a hierarchy in relation to who gets the most attention. I don't know what its like now, but when I stopped watching I would have said it goes something like this:

• Brax, Heath, Casey and other Braxtons (including all of the guest characters associated with each of their storylines).
  • Bianca and The Walkers (including April)
  • The other teens - I.e Maddy/Spencer
  • John and Jett - Roo, Harvey and Marilyn
  • Alf and Irene

Archived