Logies 2013

Guest ter06

I would like to congratulate Steve Peacocke on his well deserved nominations! I think that in a cast of very good actors, he is a clear standout.

I find myself constantly impressed by the standard of his acting time and time again. I think his portrayal of Brax has really enhanced the writing of this character. I absolutely love the subtle mannerisms that he brings to the character, such as the ring twirling and table tapping, as well as his diverse facial expressions. All of this combined with the gruff abruptness in his dialogue delivery, have created a completely believable character for me. So many of Brax's main character traits and thoughts are never verbalised, because of the nature of the character and his tendency to bottle things up and silently suffer. Brax is a man of few words and barely any of them are about his feelings, yet despite this I think Steve is able to bring real emotion to this character through body language and expression and for that I give him so much credit. I also love that he can completely pull off the tough emotional scenes, the playful romantic scenes, the dramatic scenes and the tough guy action scenes all equally well.

Without Steve Peacocke I doubt that I would love this character half as much as I do. I cannot speak highly enough about his acting. I'm so glad that he has been recognised for his hard work and quality acting!!!!!

Completely agree. I really hope he wins the Gold Logie. A very deserving nomination in my opinion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting nominated is a big deal already, it shows that Steve Peacocke is very popular. There are lots of other actors who were never even nominated and Steve getting a Gold Logie nomination after only being on tv for 2 years is a great accomplishment. Congratulations to him.

Congratulations to Catherine Mack with her nomination. I think she has grown into the show and into her character. I also think she is a very natural actress, she surprised me last year.

I am doing a little happy dance since both Catherine and Steve are nominated, two of my personal favourites.

My 'award' to best performance on H&A last year goes out to Dan Ewing, who was in my personal opinion outstanding after the death of Rocco. I am not surprised he is not nominated though (looking at last year's Logies).

Congratulations to Steve! He really deserves this award - he is really a talented actor! He had some really tough storylines and did a great job: aftermath of charlie's death,cage fighting, Ruby, his dad, Casey lost in the desert, Adam...

I also would have liked to see Charles cottier get nominated. He is definitely one of my favorites and I really think he deserves some recognition for the SUPER AMAZING job he did playing Dex. Especially great job with the car crash and recovery! He is also extremely talented.

... Would also be nice to someday see Lynn mcgranger and Emily symonds pick up a Logie (when the writers decide to give them a good storyline!!)

Congratulations to Steve! He really deserves this award - he is really a talented actor! He had some really tough storylines and did a great job: aftermath of charlie's death,cage fighting, Ruby, his dad, Casey lost in the desert, Adam...

I also would have liked to see Charles cottier get nominated. He is definitely one of my favorites and I really think he deserves some recognition for the SUPER AMAZING job he did playing Dex. Especially great job with the car crash and recovery! He is also extremely talented.

... Would also be nice to someday see Lynn mcgranger and Emily symonds pick up a Logie (when the writers decide to give them a good storyline!!)

^It's really not about acting though, it's more a popularity contest. There are absolutely loads of incredible Australian actors who are never nominated or even recognized.

Sadly it's been a popularity contest for some time now. Steve Peacocke is an average actor who is fairly good at what he does but I wouldn't say his acting abilities are stellar.

The fact that he's been nominated again show that its totally about popularity - this is due to C7 constantly promoting them as Gods!

Hasn't it always been a popularity contest?

No. I vote for talent not for popularity but I guess most people vote for popularity and how good a person looks etc etc not about actual talent that someone has.

I know I'm supposed to say that Steve should get gold cos this is a h&a board (and congrats to him to get nominated) but I really want Asher to win, she's such an awesome actress and Nina Proudman is such an awesome character so I'd like her to win.

Hasn't it always been a popularity contest?

Yes, which is why the categories are 'Most Popular ....." and are voted for by the public.

The Outstanding categories on the otherhand, are voted for by those within the industry and I daresay are more about the abilities of the actors and quality of the show/telemovie/news event etc up for the award.

Wish they'd change the Gold Logie back to only being able to vote once - I don't see how letting people vote over and over for the same person makes that person more popular than any of the others and I've felt this one category has lost credibility because of it. First Karl Snoozanovich wins then you have a radio personality with very few appearances on TV winning - and this year, two radio personalities up for it. I like Hamish and Andy, but I don't consider them TV personalities, but that's just my opinion. No doubt the integrity of this award will once more be on show with the leaking of the winner hours earlier - three or four years in a row now. Last year, one of the papers released the winner online before it was even announced at the event, though the article was quickly removed but not before people had already seen it.

Good luck to everyone nominated.

Archived