Logies 2013

Guest ter06

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.The days of their only being a few shows to choose from are long gone.Things like Underbelly, Offspring and Packed To The Rafters are really popular shows.House Husbands is new and also pretty popular.There's a lot to choose from.

And Steve at the top.... really? He's not that great of an actor, plenty of other better actors then him..... even Lincon is much better then Steve.

I don't think H&A will get drama.... I think it may go to Puberty Blues or even House Husbands. (I love all the shows in this section so I don't mind who wins really).

In the TV Week, there is a photoshoot featuring Dan Ewing and Catherine Mack as well as the announcement of the 55th Logie Awards 2013 - Nominees featuring Steve Peacocke for Gold Logie and Most Popular Actor,

Most Popular New Female Talent - Catherine Mack,

Most Popular New Male Talent - Will McDonald and

Most Popular Drama Series - Home And Away.

They can be found and the Official Site has an article here.

I got so excited for a second there! I misread the thread title as 'Steve Peacock leaves the bay', oh well :( .

Sorry but H&A don't deserve any logies this year IMO. The storylines we saw last year were really forgettable and just not up to scratch. Hopefully this year will be different :) .

I agree, the storylines in 2012 were really naff overall.

I think Steve deserves a Gold logie. He tackled Charlie's death very well, he has huge potential as an actor. Overall I think he is an amazing actor, even though Brax get's on my nerves from time to time to me that's just proving Steve's doing a great job portraying Brax.

I would like to congratulate Steve Peacocke on his well deserved nominations! I think that in a cast of very good actors, he is a clear standout.

I find myself constantly impressed by the standard of his acting time and time again. I think his portrayal of Brax has really enhanced the writing of this character. I absolutely love the subtle mannerisms that he brings to the character, such as the ring twirling and table tapping, as well as his diverse facial expressions. All of this combined with the gruff abruptness in his dialogue delivery, have created a completely believable character for me. So many of Brax's main character traits and thoughts are never verbalised, because of the nature of the character and his tendency to bottle things up and silently suffer. Brax is a man of few words and barely any of them are about his feelings, yet despite this I think Steve is able to bring real emotion to this character through body language and expression and for that I give him so much credit. I also love that he can completely pull off the tough emotional scenes, the playful romantic scenes, the dramatic scenes and the tough guy action scenes all equally well.

Without Steve Peacocke I doubt that I would love this character half as much as I do. I cannot speak highly enough about his acting. I'm so glad that he has been recognised for his hard work and quality acting!!!!!

Archived