The Diner Jukebox

nenehcherry2

• 1 month later...

Finally found a song I have been searching for for years (mainly because I had no idea what they were singing). It goes "I got a feeling, I got a notion. Shaka Uwaye La. Shaka Uwaye La!"

It was used in the episode prior to Shane's death, during the picnic when they were having fun and taking photos and was used infrequently in the mid-late 90s.

"Shaka Uwaye La" by Swoop.

There's no sign of it on youtube but it is on spotify.

Finally found a song I have been searching for for years (mainly because I had no idea what they were singing). It goes "I got a feeling, I got a notion. Shaka Uwaye La. Shaka Uwaye La!"

It was used in the episode prior to Shane's death, during the picnic when they were having fun and taking photos and was used infrequently in the mid-late 90s.

Ah I could have helped with that one! It was used quite prominently in 1998 when Justine, Tiegan and Gypsy formed their band (The Broken Dolls). It was the very first song they tried out in the classroom, and they later performed it at the school dance.

Great song though, thanks for the reminder!

It's also reminded me of one of another classroom performance from the same year, Rebecca was auditioning kids for Romeo & Juliet and the audition piece was "I've Got a Plan" by My Friend the Chocolate Cake (which was one that appeared on the H&A Soundtrack album, one of my faves on there). I know it was used for other prominent scenes but can't remember what offhand.

Ah I could have helped with that one! It was used quite prominently in 1998 when Justine, Tiegan and Gypsy formed their band (The Broken Dolls). It was the very first song they tried out in the classroom, and they later performed it at the school dance.

Great song though, thanks for the reminder!

It's also reminded me of one of another classroom performance from the same year, Rebecca was auditioning kids for Romeo & Juliet and the audition piece was "I've Got a Plan" by My Friend the Chocolate Cake (which was one that appeared on the H&A Soundtrack album, one of my faves on there). I know it was used for other prominent scenes but can't remember what offhand.

Love that song! One of my favourites too, it's really nice. I remember it being used during a montage of Irene going for various job interviews after she quit the Diner. Wow, the days when Irene was prominent enough to actually get a montage!

I do remember a song that was sung either by Justine's band or Aaron's, or after they merged, was the same song later sung by Sally, Jude and Noah. Do you know what that one was?

It is also on Sound Cloud under username "swoopmusic"

Edited by bronson
  • Like 1

I do remember a song that was sung either by Justine's band or Aaron's, or after they merged, was the same song later sung by Sally, Jude and Noah. Do you know what that one was?

Not too sure on that one at the mo, I can't seem to track down the names of any of the songs that Sally, Jude & Noah performed. From what I've seen of the 2 bands I haven't noticed any of the songs matching up so far.

Just had a look at the performance after the bands merged and they performed 'Shaka Uwaye La' again, as well as 'George' by Headless Chickens:

Earlier in the week they'd also practiced 'Cruise Control', again by Headless Chickens, which was another one used a fair bit on the show all through the 90's: