The Diner Jukebox

nenehcherry2

Thank you for asking this and thank you fr answering. Another one to add to Home and Away soundtrack

The show used a lot of 80s music right up to the late 90s

What is that song they always end episodes with cha cha cha?

Do you happen to know any of any specific episodes where it appeared...? Long shot I know!

Thank you for asking this and thank you fr answering. Another one to add to Home and Away soundtrack

The show used a lot of 80s music right up to the late 90s

Do you happen to know any of any specific episodes where it appeared...? Long shot I know!

If this is what I think it is, then it is heard in episode 915 after the recap finishes.

Also, that 90s song that ends with the line "cha-cha-cha!" usually used in cliffhangers... I've been racking my brains for the last 20-odd years.

If this is what I think it is, then it is heard in episode 915 after the recap finishes.

Cheers, did manage to find it in another episode and FINALLY managed to decipher it after taking it into some audio editing software.

Helvelln - Cruelest Plague

And both scenes I used just happened to feature Lucinda....

• Like 1

One song I really like, but have been struggling to find any info on was played quite a bit in Summer of 1989 (epi. 311-381) had the lyrics

'.......on the right track,

There's a Monkey on my shoulder,

Take that chip right off my back,

....when I get back with you we're both gonna crack'

It's in Episode 311 (at 19:30-20:00, before scene change, going into the Summer Bay Classic 'Santa Never Stops in Summer Bay No More...!)

Anyone recognise it?

That one is 'Another Me' by Nick Barker & The Reptiles

• 4 months later...

I love finding songs used in Home and Away in the first say 15 years. I just found songs from Frente, Swoop and My Friend the Chocolate Cake on itunes that remind me of the show in its hey day and i love how my playlist is getting bigger. . Some of them are soooo hard to find without a band names or song titles to go on. There is one I particular would love to listen to and if anyone out there knows what it is I love you forever.

It was in the diner a fair few times around 97, 98. And used in the scene where Jesse is scattering Kylie's on some rock with a montage of Kylie's time on the show. I think it starts, "Standing with my feet on the ground. And I won't put anybody down." The Chorus goes "I'm trying not to cry over you"

Edited by Blaxland 89

Some stumpers there.

As far as I know, H&A's deal with Mushroom gives them the opportunity to use songs from any of their independent artists, sometimes before the songs have even been released - perhaps some of those songs actually never got a full release, or an extremely limited one which went under the radar.

Of course there's also the possibility of stock library music, but that does tend to be more instrumentals than songs.

I love finding songs used in Home and Away in the first say 15 years. I just found songs from Frente, Swoop and My Friend the Chocolate Cake on itunes that remind me of the show in its hey day and i love how my playlist is getting bigger. . Some of them are soooo hard to find without a band names or song titles to go on. There is one I particular would love to listen to and if anyone out there knows what it is I love you forever.

It was in the diner a fair few times around 97, 98. And used in the scene where Jesse is scattering Kylie's on some rock with a montage of Kylie's time on the show. I think it starts, "Standing with my feet on the ground. And I won't put anybody down." The Chorus goes "I'm trying not to cry over you"

Darn, thought I had that ep but doesn't seem I do. Don't suppose you know of any other uses of it offhand?

• Like 1

Exam one (1083) is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-CNqOhO2c

The last one (1022) is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U9mbpLTwAg

I have no idea on the other 2 sorry!

Edited by bronson
  • Like 1