Lucy Addario Interview

Guest Jadelyns

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is enough to read the first answer to know that nothing is going to change anytime soon. And not to have opening titles for the sake of drama?!!! COME ON!

The runtime of an average early years episode is about 22:40 while the runtime of an average current episode is about 21:15. So the only reason for the lack of opening titles is to give more time for ad breaks.

Isn't Vinne dead?

If he did come back to whisk her away Leah may very well come back as a vampire :D

Seeing as Ryan Kwanten is in True Blood now.

I think he is. I mean he was in witnessprotection-programme and then he died. Didn't Elijah tell Leah that and VJ overheard it and was upset because he thought Vinnie had been dead all this time. And then Leah, VJ and Elijah drove to the grave. Wasn't it something like that?

Isn't Vinne dead?

If he did come back to whisk her away Leah may very well come back as a vampire :D

Seeing as Ryan Kwanten is in True Blood now.

I think he is. I mean he was in witnessprotection-programme and then he died. Didn't Elijah tell Leah that and VJ overheard it and was upset because he thought Vinnie had been dead all this time. And then Leah, VJ and Elijah drove to the grave. Wasn't it something like that?

Yep it was something like that.. :rolleyes:

Yup - but if they were to turn around for a second time and say "Vinnie's still in witness protection, the 2nd death was a cover-up too" it would be nothing more than an insult to the viewers intelligence (not to mention pandering to a certain ex-BTTB member obsessed with all dead characters being in witness protection)

What a horrible interview! I really hope she makes some changes though as they are desperately needed. I l did like how she said that she'd love to see Summer Bay House become a place for fostering again.

I can't belive Lucy Addario thinks there is nothing wrong with Home and Away. That says to me that she is in denial and has no desire for change.

Like all the cast seem to be saying that home and away is now a drama not a soap... they dont seem to care about what we want the show to be or devoted fans just how they think it should be... I'm surprised Ray Meagher or Lynne McGranger havent noticed how downhill its gone

Unfortunately, she seems to have taken lessons from Susan Bower over how to answer questions. I'm right, you're all wrong. For example:

DS: Marilyn has recently played roles in other peoples' stories but hasn't had as much material in her own right. Are there any stories on the way for her?

LA: "Marilyn's inherent nature is to see the good in everyone and that is a big part of why we love her. The character of Marilyn lights up the screen as a breath of fresh air, bringing so much light and humour to Summer Bay and will continue to do so.

"Marilyn believes everyone, including Danny Braxton, deserves a second chance in life and that is exactly what UK viewers will see her doing in the coming weeks. She will also play a fundamental role in uniting the Braxton family when it matters most."

Simple answer: NO. She also gave a fluffy answer to the lack of storylines for Irene/Alf/Morag, not a chance.

Other interesting points:

• She says that her vision is to continue the balance of light and shade. :lol: What a load of BS!
  • DS said that they had been overwhelmed with questions asking for a return of opening titles, she said no.
  • She made a comment to suggest Vinnie may still be alive.

Another interesting answer was:

DS: The 25th anniversary of Home and Away is now rapidly approaching. Can you give us any early hints on how you're planning to mark this milestone?

LA: "This is such a great achievement, and Home and Away will always nod to its rich history of storytelling and characters. In 25 years of the show we have seen the return of many much-loved characters, and we are all working towards a bright new future for the show without disconnecting with our past."

Which is worrying, as it sounds like they won't doing anything to acknowledge the event onscreen.

However I do like that she says there are plans for more foster children and that she would like to see SBH return to its roots as a haven for foster children.

Archived