Why does Irene NEVER get screentime?

You're not imagining it!

She has hinted on twitter several times months back that she had storylines coming up! She told me herself on twitter.

She also did a Digital Spy interview in December 2012 where she clearly stated that she had "a good chat with the writers" and that we may be seeing some of her kids returning.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three I think.Finn, Damo and Nathan.I don't think Paul is actually hers.

They could easily bring Nathan back.Wasn't he in jail?He can be someone out to get revenge on the braxtons.Not even joking seeing some sort of Braxton relation seems to be the only way to get on the show and have decent airtime.

I don't think she can complain if she's not happy because that would put her job at risk and she's at least got job security even if she's basically standing around.

I thought Lynne said months back that some stuff would be happening but it hasn't so maybe I'm imagining it.

Nathan returned in 2002 in a storyline, written strangely to help fiill the gap due to Lynne being off and which showed him rebuilding his life after coming out of jail

with the help of Noah, Leah, Hayley and Alf. He then fell for an Irish nurse, who when you could actually work out what she was saying appeared to like him too and then they left for pastures new. It would be nice to think that he had stayed on the straight and narrow.

They could easily bring Nathan back.Wasn't he in jail?He can be someone out to get revenge on the braxtons.Not even joking seeing some sort of Braxton relation seems to be the only way to get on the show and have decent airtime.

I don't think she can complain if she's not happy because that would put her job at risk and she's at least got job security even if she's basically standing around.

I thought Lynne said months back that some stuff would be happening but it hasn't so maybe I'm imagining it.

Nathan returned in 2002 in a storyline, written strangely to help fiill the gap due to Lynne being off and which showed him rebuilding his life after coming out of jail

with the help of Noah, Leah, Hayley and Alf. He then fell for an Irish nurse, who when you could actually work out what she was saying appeared to like him too and then they left for pastures new. It would be nice to think that he had stayed on the straight and narrow.

Correct.

I think Nathan gradually made amends with Irene at the end of his 2002 stint, but was it ever mentioned that Nathan was technically behind his father's death because he told Dodge (while in jail with him because they shared a cell with each other) that he wanted to 'rough him up', but I don't think Nathan intended for Dodge to kill him though.

In regards to children, Irene has three children in Nathan, Finley and Damien.

Irene had a great and funny scene tonight! Sort of like she was back to her old self!

If the writers keep that up, then at least it would be a start!

It just shows that when the writers want to, they can write Irene right! Keep it up and they might be able to redeem her!

Irene had a great and funny scene tonight! Sort of like she was back to her old self!

If the writers keep that up, then at least it would be a start!

It just shows that when the writers want to, they can write Irene right! Keep it up and they might be able to redeem her!

Granted it was a small scene, but like yourself I saw shades of the old Irene return. I just hope this isn't a one-off event for a while.

I remember that. I also remember that the 'Irish' nurse had the worst Irish accent I've heard since Tom Cruise in 'Far and Away'. Being Irish myself, I really notice a bad Irish accent.

• 3 weeks later...

So, the underuse of Irene Roberts continues...

I've actually gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. I used to mention on twitter (too much) to Lynne McGranger and Louise Bowes that it'd be nice for Irene to be in the community again and have some prominence aswell as some storylines.

But I think it's safe to say they know how I feel (and others) about the character. I just hope they make use of a fantastic actress. She has a lot to offer and Irene is a character who has layers to her and you can see some of the weakness in her when she's down.

I just hope they have something up their sleeve!

Archived