Why does Irene NEVER get screentime?

There maybe reasons, either she preparing for large roles so limiting air time for now, or she doing something else so only appears now and then. Or others in that content, some actors like to take a break from large roles and step back.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There maybe reasons, either she preparing for large roles so limiting air time for now, or she doing something else so only appears now and then. Or others in that content, some actors like to take a break from large roles and step back.

I don't believe that to be true. Even the screen time she is given, the scenes are nothing to do with Irene personally, no continuing story arch, no minor sub plot, nothing. It appears to me that it's because either the producers don't know what to do with her, don't want to give her screen time just because they don't want to and would rather give it to the young 'popular' characters or because they don't understand who she is and what the character was about.

They don't even have to give her a major storyline, just give the woman something to do that is specifically Irene based. The cancer, the singing/song writing thing it's all done so halfheartedly, it just underlines how much they can't be bothered.

They don't even have to giver her a major storyline, just give the woman something to do that is specifically Irene based. The cancer, the singing/song writing thing it's all done so halfheartedly, it just underlines how much they can't be bothered.

Agreed. They made such a big deal about the cancer storyline, but it received hardly any focus at the time, was over in a few weeks, and now it's never mentioned. I think the last time I really enjoyed an Irene storyline was when Kirsty and Kane returned in 2008. It wasn't really about Irene at all, but Kirsty came back to see her specifically and ask her to take care of Ollie. It showed that Irene would do whatever it takes to look after those she cared for, even if it meant lying to the police.

Again I think a simple fix to the situation would be to write lighter, feel-good plots for Irene and the other underused older cast members, such as the karaoke. These plots must be easier to write, as they don't require back-story, and they would provide much needed contrast from the Braxton-heavy drama.

(Sort of :offtopic: ) We need the drama to make the show interesting, but I think H&A continues to struggle to find a balance between dark and light. 2009 is a shinning example of taking things too far, where the storylines become so heavy that it's just not an enjoyable show any more. They are falling back into that territory with the current show.

I was worried about home and away when I found out sally was leaving but it was still quite good till around about when belle died, then it became rubbish till 2010. 2010 show that home and away was improving again, with Irenes involvement with will during the Penn murder, Alfs history being revealed tho Penn (who was proper eye candy), .Maz s return, colleen getting arested, its like we had all the good charaters we actually like getting screentime. I also liked the sort of new age feel it had with the tarot cards, leah and eli s chinese blessing and mr oddly lol. But by 2011 it had got terrible again ! I just can t warm to any charater at the moment not even the oldies which has never happened but home and away always goes though good and bad phases so ill keeo waiting :) getting rid of boring cameron welsh and his wife who now produces it would be a good start.

I was worried about home and away when I found out sally was leaving but it was still quite good till around about when belle died, then it became rubbish till 2010. 2010 show that home and away was improving again, with Irenes involvement with will during the Penn murder, Alfs history being revealed tho Penn (who was proper eye candy), .Maz s return, colleen getting arested, its like we had all the good charaters we actually like getting screentime. I also liked the sort of new age feel it had with the tarot cards, leah and eli s chinese blessing and mr oddly lol. But by 2011 it had got terrible again ! I just can t warm to any charater at the moment not even the oldies which has never happened but home and away always goes though good and bad phases so ill keeo waiting :) getting rid of boring cameron welsh and his wife who now produces it would be a good start.

I didn't know Lucy Addario was his wife.

Archived