1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the scenes surrounding Bobby's miscarriage. 1990 wasn't necesarry a non-event for her, but from the end of Al Simpson's stay, I thought her storyline's were slightly rubbish and to be back to some of the deeper character stuff was welcome.

Pippa and Michael didn't seem the least bit scared of being lost, or even of :o hitch-hiking (despite the dangers, which they KNOW!). Double standards again?

They seemed to think getting lost and being in trouble like that, and sleeping on dirty, rat-****-soaked mattresses was a big laugh. Very strange. :unsure:

^Nah they were just coping with the situation and making the best out of it. They knew they weren't lost, they were right next to a road. What would you done? Panicked and become paranoid? Plus whilst it isn't a good idea to hitch-hike (they both acknowledged that) Imo its slightly different two grown adults v vulnerable kids.

If I were them I'd have slept in the van where Floss and Nev slept rather than outdoors with the flies.

I understand where Sally is coming from, she's afraid Michael will replace Tom. But that doesn't mean she can behave the way she is. Sally sure was a brat when she was young.

Ernie Jacob is one slippery eel. But I'm glad he plan failed.

I understand where Sally is coming from, she's afraid Michael will replace Tom.

I think Sally is also afraid that Michael will take Pippa away from her. Sally and Pippa have grown especially close since Tom's death. Sally's constant asking if Pippa was back yet was like a child-like fear that she wasn't coming back. Which is quite normal for someone in Sally's position who has lost so many parent figures. And her words to Michael to "leave her alone, I don't like you and I don't want you going anywhere near her". Sounds more like she is being very protective of Pippa, rather than worrying about him as a Tom replacement (though I'm sure that's a part of it too, but we've already had weeks of Pippa worrying about replacing Tom, I don't think the writers are going to focus on that again).

Archived