1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I don't even think of her as Pippa #2 anymore and haven't done for a long time, occasionally there's a reference to an old storyline that reminds me she used to be shorter and blonde but I think I feel far more of an affinity to her than I did with Pippa #1.I don't think I'd be on her side over Sally's behaviour nearly as much if it was the old one but...this is "Pippa", I tend to automatically trust her.

I guess it's just personal preference but watching the repeat of Tom's death just now made me realise just how much I miss the original Pippa. I know she could be theatrical but I grew to love her immensely and I don't know if that will happen with the new incarnation in future (I sure have fond memories of Pippa #2 as a child) but at the moment I find the character to be lacking and I'm not a huge Michael/Pippa fan. So far Michael isn't as good as Tom. Now we're into the fourth season of the show, I think I can safely say that Tom, Pippa#1, Celia, Lance and Martin are the biggest losses. For me the other departures didn't impact as much i.e. Roo, Steven, Emma, Viv, Grant etc.

It's easy to see how viewers forget how early on Sophie arrived in the show. Most of the time I forget she even lives at Summer Bay House, at this point she must be the least integrated member of the household, her scenes are nearly always with the other teens.

Has Belinda Giblin (Cynthia Ross) appeared on 7TWO yet? I'm dying to see those episodes!

She took over the role of Rowena Wallace's character in S&D, so-cast because the producers thought they looked similar. At the time I couldn't see the resemblance (and there certainly isn't much of a likeness 20-odd years later!), however I've seen footage of both actresses from the 70s (when Rowie had long hair) and the resemblance is quite remarkable!

EDIT: I've decided to 'become' Rowena again!

^Yes, Cynthia arrived last week.

Oh I'm really going to miss Carly when she leaves. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, it felt like she and Stevo were in H&A longer than a few years. I'd be so impressed if the current producers decided to bring her back and run the Caravan Park with Ben and the kids. I wonder if Sharyn would accept. Do you think she was asked back for Michael's funeral or not? The funeral and death was so well written that I suppose I didn't think about past characters returning at the time. Ideally Sophie and Carly would have returned.

Sophie should be on Pippa's side , not helping her boyfriend trying to get his parents back together. She needs to get her priorities right-after everything Pippa's done for her.

I am going to miss Carly too. She has been written so consistently, she's so selfish and stubborn but in the end she does do the right thing.

I hope Alf gets out his funk soon-its depressing to watch.

And Adam can be real nasty when he wants to be can't he?

Archived