Call Me Maybe?

Guest Apex Forever

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys!

:)

Chapter 16 (Wow!)

Reading has become my hobbie over the last five months,so has complaining about my back! I walk into the surf where I'm meeting Ruby for lunch, we haven't seen each other for ages and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know about bubs! I find over by the pool table. John spots me and waves.

"Hey Sasha!" John calls out from the juice bar. Ruby turns around to face me and her reaction is priceless! She lets out a little scream and gives me a hug. I laugh at Ruby surprise, she is the only person who has actually been excited about me being pregnant!

"Wow! How far a long are you?" I smile at my BFF! She really does know how to take my mind off of things!

"About five months!" Ruby gasps,we sit down at a table and start talking.

"I can't believe I haven't seen you for five months! I mean the last time I saw you, you were in a school uniform ready for school!"

"Thats something I'm dreading! Going back to school is two weeks after a five month break is going to be tough!" Suddenly Ruby laughs."What?!"

"I just realised something, none of your clothes are going to fit!" Both Ruby and I crack up laughing.

"Anyway! What have you been up to?" Ruby takes a deep breath.

"Do you have all day?"

There is a knock on the door and to be honest, I'm not in a huge rush to answer it,I'm sure they can wait a couple of minutes,it won't hurt them! When the knocks get louder I get annoyed.

"Far out! Hold your horses!" I answer the door to find a very angry looking Xavier Austin glaring at me.

"Took you long enough! I was just coming for a visit!"Xavier walks through the door and plonks himself on the couch.

"Sorry,It's been a rough couple of weeks for me..." I say in a small voice. I personally think 'A rough couple of weeks' is an understatement.

"Yeah...I heard about Mink...I'm sorry mate..." Xavier says in a genuinely kind voice.

"Thanks... And on top of that Ruby and I broke up!" Xavier goes quiet."How have you been?"

"Pretty busy!"

Thats it for this chapter!

A huge thank you to Bec (Matticus01) for becoming my proof-reader! She helped out heaps and heaps!

Thank you everybody!

Chapter 17!

I couldn’t help but notice Mr Stewart glaring at me from across the dining room table. I sigh and turn around to face him.

“Can I help you Mr. Stewart?” I ask in a sarcastic tone. Everybody has been making me out to be the bad person, I mean seriously I wouldn’t of broken up with her if she hadn’t of been so pushy!

“Mate, you really need to sort things out with Ruby, I can tell when that girl misses someone and right now she’s missing you!” To be honest I have noticed a change in Ruby lately as well, but it could be Charlie she’s missing.

I shrug my shoulders as a sign that I don’t really care if she misses me or not.

“Well… If she wants to talk then she can come to me!” I don’t want to be the one making the first move.

“Suit yourself then! If you want to be a flaming idiot then go ahead!” Mr Stewart leaves the house and slams the door behind him, leaving me alone with my thoughts. You know that feeling you get when you feel like someone’s watching you? Well straight after Mr Stewart left I got that feeling. I turn to face the staircase to find Ruby standing on the last step with her hands behind her back and her head down.

“I care about you Romeo, I just wanted you to be happy after Mink died, I never meant for any of this to happen.” With each word spoken her voice got louder, and I felt more guilty.

I sigh.

“I know, I just wanted to be left alone for the first few days, not being dragged to a therapist!” I tell Ruby, the weight was lifted off of my shoulders, everything that I had been bottling up was now out in the open so now I could talk about it with Ruby and hopefully we could become friends again.

“You could’ve just told me that instead of getting angry…” Ruby says in a quiet voice.

“I tried!” Was all I could manage to get out.

I look at myself in the mirror, my huge gut sticks out like a sore thumb even though I’m wearing one of Xav’s hoodies and a pair of trackies . This is what I’m wearing to school, talk about the odd one out! Theres a knock on my bedroom door.

“Come in!” I shout as Gina enters the room with a little fluffy white stuffed puppy.

“I bought this for little bubs!” Gina hands me the incredibly soft puppy. I give Gina a hug.

“Thank you so much Gina!” I couldn’t help but think at this moment I really would have liked my own mother to be around. Three little tears escape from my eyes, luckily Gina didn’t see them.

“That’s Ok sweetheart! Now do you want a lift to school?” I shake my head.

“No thanks Gina! Xav is walking me to school today!” Gina nods her head and leaves the room with me following her. We walk into the lounge room as I see Xav smile at me with his goofy grin and pulls me in for a hug.

“You look fantastic Sash!” I couldn’t help but snigger, Xav is either lying or he needs his eyes tested, because I look horrible!

“When was the last time you had your eyes tested because you must be blind to think that I look good!

“You look good in anything! So, are you ready to go?” He ask's as I nod my head.

“Sure am!”

Archived