Call Me Maybe?

Guest Apex Forever

Hey everybody! This chapter has been posted a special way! Thank you for all the lovely comments! And Miranda...Your fics do give me ideas! :) The words in red are what Bec has added/changed!

Chapter 23

I lay with my head in Xav’s lap as were sitting in the lounge room. Lola’s fast asleep in her bassinette so Xav and I decided to take advantage of this, Xav made popcorn and I chose a movie to watch.

“Baby! Would you get me some hot chocolate please?” I ask Xav with a smile, he laughs and gets off the couch and heads towards the kitchen. Just as Xav leaves his phone goes off, saying that he has a new message. Being his girlfriend, I have certain rights, one of them being I can read his messages! I pick up his phone and see he has 'One New Message' so I open it.

The message was from a girl called Amanda; I start to panic as I read the message.

‘Hey baby! I miss you! Please come and see me soon!

Love you! Mandy! Xxx’

Tears escape my eyes, I can’t believe Xav would do something like this to me! After everything we’ve been through! We have a beautiful daughter! Xav walks into the room as I sit up from the couch and put his phone down and see he's holding my hot chocolate.

“Sash, whats wrong?” The only word that comes to my mind, the only thing I could manage, the only thing I could think.

“Cheater!” I spat angrily! I storm into the bedroom where my daughter was sleeping, I carefully take her out of the bassinet and storm out of the bedroom.

“What do you mean cheater?!” He ask's looking at me like he has no idea what I'm talking about. I shake my head as I start gathering my things.

“Who’s Amanda? Tell me that Xavier!” I yell as I grab my car keys off the hook. Keeping hold of Lola as I struggle with my bag as well.

“I…I” Xav stumbles. I roll my eyes and walk out of the door, making sure it slams hard, just to make sure he knows I’m gone and that I’m not coming back!

People were staring as Heath has a go at the waiter at the restaurant, Heath was yelling because I said no mayonnaise on my burger but they put it on anyway! Heath has no idea how embarrassing he is being! I mean it was just a mistake, and to add salt to the wound Romeo and Indi were sitting at a table not too far away from where Heath and I were sitting. Staring at me as if I was a spoilt little girl, and that they were disgusted to see me.

“What if she was allergic? And she bit into it and had an allergic reaction! What would you do then?” Heath bellows at the poor boy.

“Sorry…Sir… We will fix it up.” The boy replies quietly. Heath grunts as he sits back down in his chair, and the boy disappears with my plate to fix my order.

“Heath… That was a bit harsh, I mean, thank you! But I could’ve handled it!” I say to Heath who sits up straighter.

“But if you had of done it they wouldn’t of learnt from their mistakes!” Heath says matter-of-factily .

“Is that right? Tell me, since when did you decide that you are going to become a teacher?” I ask jokingly. Heath rolls his eyes.

“Since when did you decide to become peace maker?” Heath replies in his sarcastic tone and looks at me, I snigger.

“I’ve always been the peace maker!”

I can barely see the ground I’m walking on, the tears in my eyes are blurring up my vision. I stumble up the steps of dad’s place and knock quietly on the front door, holding Lola gently in my arms as she managed to sleep through it all. Indi answers with a smile.

“What brings you- Oh gosh Sash! Come in! Come in! What happened?” Indi asks franticly as I enter the house with my sleeping baby. I sit down on the familiar couch feeling my little girl squirm in my arms.

“Xav was cheating on me! With some girl called Amanda!” Indi stares at me with disbelief.

“I don’t believe him! How dare he? You are being serious?” Indi ask's in disbelief. I nod my head.

“It’s all true! And I don’t know how I’m going to explain it all to everybody!” I carefully place lola down on the spare part of the couch. I cry into Indi’s shoulder, letting all my emotions out. Dex walks into the lounge room.

“Whats going on?” Dex asks with confusion.

“Xav cheated on Sash…” Indi answers sympathetically. I sigh, I look up at Dex who is on his phone.

“What were you thinking mate?” Dex asks angrily as he walks off.

“I wish I never went out with Xav!” I say crying again into Indi’s shoulder.

“Now! Don’t say that, if you had never went out Xav You would’ve never had Lola!” Indi replies with a small delicate smile on her lips. She's right; of course! I guess that the only good thing that has come from the relationship!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god. thank you so much. I'm so happy to be proofing your fic for you :) so thank you so much Phoebe :D

Amazing chapter, your writing is getting so much better, and I like that you keep adding little twists which keeps everyone guessing. Well done :)

Oh my god. thank you so much. I'm so happy to be proofing your fic for you :) so thank you so much Phoebe :D

Amazing chapter, your writing is getting so much better, and I like that you keep adding little twists which keeps everyone guessing. Well done :)

I'm really glad that you're my proof-reader! You do such a fantastic job! :D

There's no way Xave has cheated on Sasha there has to be another reason behind it.

Thought Heath was abit rude there saying to Ruby if he left it up to her to complain about her burger she wouldn't of been listened too. grrrrrr. :lol:

Another good chapter Phoebe :rolleyes:

I'm really glad that you're my proof-reader! You do such a fantastic job! :D

naww thank you :)

Thank you guys! Here is the next update! Bec did a fantastic job with this chapter!

Chapter 24!

I watch as Ruby enters the water in her white and pink poka-dot bikini, I sigh. Even though Ruby and I agreed to be friends I feel like there should be something more, I really don’t understand it, I thought things were over between me and Ruby for good! But I guess I’m feeling other things… Things were easier when I was single. Indi sees me and starts calling my name.

“Romeo! Romeo!” Indi bellows and she struggles to run up the hill. I put my hand on my forehead to stop the sun getting to my eyes.

“Yes, that would be me!” I say as Indi finally reaches me. Indi starts breathing heavily, like she is out of breath.

“I…Have…something…to…tell…you…” Indi struggles to get out. I pull Indi in for a hug, she rests her head on my shoulder. Letting Indi listen to the beat of my heart, even though I'm not understanding it myself right now.

“Yeah, well tell me!” I say into the top of Indi’s head. Indi pulls back slightly and looks at me, I see worry etching her features rather quickly.

“Don’t freak out.” Indi says seriously. I nod my head.

“I won’t, I promise!” I say kissing Indi’s forehead. She looks up at me with worry in her eyes and she hesitates for a few seconds.

“Now, I’m going to hold you to that! Are you ready?” She says as I nod my head. At this point I am getting frustrated, I wish she would just say it already!

“Romeo, I’m pregnant…” My jaw immediately drops open, and so does Ruby’s as she walks past us. I didn't even know she had come out of the water.

I look down at the message that ruined everything, that’s right, a simple message stuffed up my whole life! Sasha and Lola were my everything, Amanda was my ex-girlfriend. I had had a couple of drinks with her before I got back together with Sasha, I had no idea she thought we were back on. I hesitantly dial Amanda’s number, it rings three times then a familiar voice answers:

“Hi!” Amanda’s voice rings in my ears. I flinch as I realise it’s my turn to talk now. I shouldnt be doing this on the phone but she has to hear it either way.

“Hello Amanda, listen abo-“ Amanda rudely cuts me off.

“Xav! I’ve been waiting for you to call!” Amanda says excitedly. I sigh impatiently.

“Listen, we aren’t together, it was just a couple of drinks, your message ruined everything for me, did you know that?” I say angrily. I try to compose myself but just hearing her voice is making me angry.

“I…I don’t understand, I thought we were back on! And what do you mean I ruined everything?” Amanda says in a upset voice.

“Look, whatever we had, or didn’t have, is over now! Bye Amanda, please don’t text or call me ever again!” I reply, I gladly hang up the phone. But little did I know that Sasha was waiting at the door for me to let her in. Sasha knocks, I quickly get up and answer it.

“Took your time!” Sasha says bitterly as she enters the house, heading straight toward what used to be our bedroom.

“Sorry, I was on the phone, so why are you here?” Sasha rolls her eyes.

“I just came to grab the rest of my things.” Sasha says entering the bedroom, I follow quickly behind her.

“Sash, we need to talk.” I announce loudly. Sasha shakes her head as she shoves teddies and clothes into a cardboard box.

“We have nothing to talk about.” She spits angrily, not even looking at me. Now I know she's definitely hurt and angry at me. I sigh.

“Yes we do! Ok! I didn’t cheat, Amanda somehow got this idea into her head that we were back together, I have no idea why!” Sasha finally stops and looks up at me.

“And I should believe that why?” She asks as she goes back to packing.

“Because, that night you saw the message I was going to propose to you, does that sound like someone who was cheating?” I ask stepping closer to Sasha. I see her stop, but only for a moment before she grabs the box full of stuff.

“Xav, just leave me alone!” Sasha says as she leaves the room.

Archived