1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

Carly is a very complex character, IMO. I started watching HAA in about 1994, so I never knew her character that well (as I did see her when she came back fro Sally's wedding etc...). IMO, she is paradoxically selfish but kind-hearted. She seems downright selfish at times, but she does seem to want to do things for others, eg it was her idea to have the party for Tom's homecoming. I like and dislike her at the same time.

I like Carly too but I can definitely see why others dislike her. It seems like when it comes to the feelings of those she genuinely cares for or has a bond with, she is great and loving. Whereas people like Lance and Martin can be neither here nor there to her. Having said that she has been quite genuinely sweet with them at times too.

I suppose it sort of depends on whether the actions of others directly affect her. If they do and shes uncomfortable with it, she isn't afraid to tell those around her to 'get stuffed', but I also see her as a teenager trying to figure out who she is. She can seem to be obnoxious and loud, but I think really she's quite a sensitive 19 year old, particularly after what happened with her sister and father last year and then the rape. Her complex nature makes her interesting to watch Imo

I also like the realistic banter between all the Fletcher kids, they are just like real siblings.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should imagine we will go into the 1990 season, but I'm more worried about the mid-1990 season coinciding with the end of 2011. We know that both here and in the UK the repeat episodes were taken off when they reached what were aired in around mid-1990. 7TWO might also do this conveniently allowing them to come up with a fresh schedule for 2012... without Home and Away. Obviously I really hope not.

I should imagine we will go into the 1990 season, but I'm more worried about the mid-1990 season coinciding with the end of 2011. We know that both here and in the UK the repeat episodes were taken off when they reached what were aired in around mid-1990. 7TWO might also do this conveniently allowing them to come up with a fresh schedule for 2012... without Home and Away. Obviously I really hope not.

at what ep did they stop last time? hopefully it stays in the timeslot till the end of haa which is not in the foreseable feture

I can understand that many of you are worried about 7two taking the early years episodes off the air.I don't know why they wouldn't show past 1990.The actors from the early 90's are not owed money for the repeat episodes airing.I know some actors have complained in the past but it's not like they have any legal rights over the early episodes being shown.The seven network own the show and can show as many episodes as they like.I live in Newcastle and I remember the local Prime up here showing the 1991 season and part of 1992 about 10 years ago.Back then there was only 1 main channel.Now the networks have 2 extra digital channels to spread their shows across.The early 90's shouldn't be a problem for continuous airing now.I am more worried about the mid 90's and beyond being repeated.I think once the past actors have to start being paid for the episodes they appeared in,that's when 7two will stop showing the earlier years of the show.Maybe we will see up until around 1995 if we are lucky.

I didnt like Carly in the first episode because of her attitude to Bobby. The very first episode is on the Home & Away Romances DVD. Carly and Bobby hated eachother at first but they became good friends after awhile. But she could be very selfish at times. For some reason the computer Im on won't allow me to post spoilers

Archived