7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

OK.

This morning's episode was 1065 and there has been no double-episode or extra episode shown so far, as far as I can tell. Just the usual line-up (with America's Court before, and Shortland Street after, in their usual timeslots).

What are we (in the areas that got blacked out yesterday) to do in order to see Episode 1064?

Do we wait it out through the weekend and keep trying whatever website pertains to 7TWO (or 7TWO on Prime) for an indefinite period while we move further through the episodes (while areas like Sydney did see the missing episode)?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. So we miss out and just have to wear it, do we?

It seems so.

It appears it was just a problem with Prime7's transmission of the channel, which does happen from time to time.

If it was a Seven problem that affected all or alot of states, then they might play it again, because it wouldn't have played at all in those places.

Just a guess but I could be completely wrong but do the recent bushfires in country Victoria have anything to do with regional areas being unable to watch yesterday's Early Years episode or is this purely coincidental?

I wouldn't have thought so. 7Two transmitted its normal programming right through the bushfire emergency in our area and the Hernes Oak - Latrobe Valley fire reached only a couple of kilometers from us.

• 2 weeks later...

It's understandable that you would complain, but there isn't much they can do about it other than apologies. What sort of remedy do you expect from them?

I wish they would put the Early Years up on the catch up service/site because I think they would be really well received. I have terrible TV reception and 7TWO is one of the most unpredictable signals in my apartment - and I live in the city!! It's frustrating because I prefer to watch it on TV to get the full effect (i.e the motion/clarity) - but until I move to a new apartment I'm stuck with this annoying signal.

If they uploaded it to the internet like they used to do with The Bill - we'd get a chance to download the episodes without ads and in decent quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a reply from Prime7 via the post, from Television Operations. They said they checked their transmission logs and records, and found they had a "technical failure" at that time. They said unfortunately there would be no encore presentations for the programs missed, but thanked me for watching Prime/7TWO/7mate.

They have advised that should a problem like this happens again, to call the local television station (for users of this forum, check your local station) where Prime in Canberra is (02) 6242 3700.

Next time this happens, try to call your local Prime as quickly as possible.

Archived