7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

WARNING: ANZAC Day mistake of 2011 to be repeated this year

A source who saw an advance guide for 7TWO via a Foxtel iPad app, has told me we are to face another nuisance disruption to what has otherwise been a nice, smooth running of the 7TWO soap mornings since the beginning of the year. Home And Away: The Early Years is not listed in the schedule for Thursday, April 25.

Although this may only be for one day, that doesn't take away the fact that the nuisance of the disruption is there that day, and I'm sorry, but I, for one, can't be happy with that.

What is their problem? What else can they show? A load of cheap American kids programs that I bet kids don't want to watch?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One plus point is that I believe that means they're now showing the episodes in the original blocks(ie Monday episode on Monday, Friday episode on Friday)for the first time since the repeats started. Although whether there'll be another break in a year or so that'll change that is another matter.

• 9 months later...

Today's episode of Home And Away: The Early Years didn't appear to be shown on 7TWO this morning :o All we got was a black screen and silence.

Has anyone else had this problem?

In the 4 years of 7TWO's run of episodes, this is the first time such a thing has happened (at least in Canberra).

Dan F, if some viewing areas did get this episode, can I call on you to relax the rule about the sharing of episodes on the forum on special dispensation?

Obviously must be a problem with playout, though you'd think someone would have noticed.

I'm afraid the rule still stands, I doubt Seven's legal department will see it as special dispensation and I'm not going to risk it. Sounds like it may have been national anyway, so fingers crossed they'll sort out another broadcast for it.

Archived