Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

And sorry, not sure what episode my avatar came from. I'm pretty sure its from when the whole Mother/Daughter/Grant stuff was happening (which doesn't really narrow it down that much, sorry) but couldn't tell you the exact episode.

S22E165

I just watched it lol

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angelo is manipulative, sneaky and very self centred. When things aren't going right he want's the easy way out and never thinks of anyone else's feelings. And fed up with people trying to make him out to be the hero when he is anything but. I get that people like him, but it seems no matter what he does, he's never really in the wrong, he is. Charlie kops most of the attacks when things don't go right in their now non existent relationship which is unfair cause Angelo is as much to blame for his own heartache. He knows Charlie has issues commiting so he was entering that relationship at his own risk. People need to stop blaming Charlie for everything.

I do take some of your points, and this isn't Angelo's thread, but it does feel like you're only telling half the story and most of the time he does do the right thing in the end.He may have run off after killing Jack but when confronted he not only confessed to it but to everything else he'd done as well. He may have initially tried to cover up letting Martha and Hugo go but, when he realised his silence was getting others, notably Charlie, into trouble, he confessed again.Trying to defend Indi was well-intentioned, he felt it was his responsibility as her employer, but he did eventually accept it would do more harm than good.He kept quiet about Paulie and the loan sharks for a matter of days at most and ultimately he was up front with Charlie and took her advice.Following Charlie to Michael's because he realised she was keeping things from him was dumb but he did at least seem to realise it and I wouldn't call it "stalking" in any meaningful definition of the word.As for the police bargain thing, I've never been sure what that was all about, there only seemed to be one line in one scene to suggest it even happened.I'll just say that he did a lot more good in Summer Bay than he would have done rotting in a prison cell:If he hadn't have come back, Martha would probably have been shot dead in Chinatown and those refugees would probably have died in that crate.(And Irene would probably still be in jail.)

But the problem is....he only ever does the right thing when he gets caught out or when he cannot continue lying. And the reason that annoys me is because it makes him a complete and utter hypocrite. Okay fine, he apologises in the end, but if Charlie or anybody else does something along the lines of what he's done, he calls them out on it. Like Paolo with the loan sharks. Yes what he did was dumb and irresponsible. But wasn't Angelo breaking the rules as a police officer and using criminals do his dirty work about the development site and tampering with police evidence pretty much the same thing?

People always make the argument that Jack did the exact same thing for Martha, and yes that's true. But Jack was trying to protect Martha from a man who could have seriously harmed her. What Angelo did was all about getting credibility as a police officer.

The only reason I'm making such a big deal about this is because it annoys the hell out of me whe people pummel Charlie into the ground over "breaking" poor Angelo's heart, when he shouldn't even be in Summer Bay anymore. If the law was on the straight side, he would have been locked up and we would never have seen him again. They should be thankful he has any sort of relationship with her at all.

I'm actually glad Charlie gets involved with Darryl Braxton because at least he seems upfront about who he is and his intentions. At least I hope so.

I do eventually & remain convinced that they will eventually get back with each other - may take a bit a longer compared to previous times, there is just too much history between the two for it to suddenly be all over just like that & given all the stuff that happened between them over the past 1-2 seasons. It's obvious that deep down they still love & care about each other etc....I think what will be interesting to see first is how they react feeling wise to seeing each other with other dalliances or upon finding out that they are each seeing somebody else (if they do see each other in public unless they decide to keep them hidden away/secret) so to speak & whether any jealousy type feelings crop up & if these are purely 'on the rebound' type relationships...

obviously we know that Charlie gets with the older braxton - but for how long? - I'm presuming the brothers are only in it for all or most of this season? if so then Charlie's will only be short-term...As for Angelo & Roo...I think that will also be a rebound/short-term thing as am still convinced Roo will eventually get with Miles

Psst Lollypop meet me in Angelo's thread and we'll continue this discussion. :wink:

I'll continue the Charlie/Changelo discussion in here tomorrow as right now I'm too tired. It's 23.45 in the UK right now. I'm gonna go watch "Greys Anatomy" and then go to bed.

Ciao amigos. If I can call you amigos that is? You don't all hate me for mostly baming Charlie atm. do you?

To see Charlie and Angelo reunite one more time........would be more depressing than seeing a much loved character being killed off.

I mean seriously how many times have they broken up now?? They have problems, so what.....look at all the problems Rachel and Tony had to overcome in one season and they're still together stronger than ever, living happily ever after in Boston.

If Charlie and Angelo can't make it work then they should leave it at that. The idea of them getting back together just because they don't like seeing each other with other people or because they're jealous is stupid teenage stuff. They should just cut ties with the past and move on.

It must be extremely frustrating for Esther and Luke to acting out the same storyline over and over again. Give them some new fresh material. Let them interact with new characters/lovers/partners etc.

I mean Ruby's love life and the way she's getting around may be pathetic, and it may be ruining a good character, but at least it introduces viewers to new new people, new eye candy and has her interacting with more characters rather than having her run back to Xavier over and over again.

I do have a feeling they'll get back together.Could be wrong, sometimes am.But it does seem like there's far too many residual feelings and always have been for them to stay away from each other.I don't think it's to do with jealousy, I think it's to do with the fact that deep down they both realise that they're happier together than they are apart, even if they're never going to be a perfect couple.

Only seen a couple of episodes of 2011 but I'm not minding Charlie so far.Having read the comments on here, I was expecting her to go to Ruby, tell her she'd slept with Angelo and felt really bad about it and ask for her advice, like she would have done when they were sisters.Instead, she didn't do anything of the sort:It was just Ruby obsessing over someone else's love life as usual and Charlie not really wanting to talk about it and almost accidentally letting slip that they'd slept together.Even the "I used him" felt like a way of ending the conversation and not being bothered about getting into another argument more than anything else.In other words, exactly how most mothers would behave in that situation.So at least Charlie's trying to assume that role, even if she hasn't quite learned that she's a role model now and she can't warn Ruby that throwing herself at boys is going to get her a reputation then go and have casual sex with her ex

or some random redneck

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so considering she's a cop, she really has a thing for the bad boys!

First time she was with Angelo, he was suspended for attacking Belle (yeah I know he didn't do it, but they thought he had).

Second time she got with Angelo, was when he came back after shooting Jack, and he was unavailable as he was with the perky one.

And now she's going after Brax...

That said, she has so much chemistry with Brax. The writers would be stupid if they put her back with Angelo, when their chemistry is nothing compared to this!

Okay so considering she's a cop, she really has a thing for the bad boys!

First time she was with Angelo, he was suspended for attacking Belle (yeah I know he didn't do it, but they thought he had).

Second time she got with Angelo, was when he came back after shooting Jack, and he was unavailable as he was with the perky one.

And now she's going after Brax...

That said, she has so much chemistry with Brax. The writers would be stupid if they put her back with Angelo, when their chemistry is nothing compared to this!

Hell yea they have chemistry! I'm loving these to so far....(Even though I did love Charlie&Angelo together) And episode 5238????? I wont say but if you seen it, you know! :wub: