Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

Out of Charlie and Angelo I'm on Charlie's 'side' (If you will). These two were/are my favourite couple on the show, not only because of how well they were together but because I thought Charlie opening up to him about what happened when she was 14 was brave and showing that she did really love him and want to be with him. I'm still no clearer on why they have broken up, I'm still a bit eh??!! about it, but, after the funeral, Charlie was all over the place; she wouldn't know what she wanted, she knew she wanted comfort, and Angelo happened to be the one she turned to. Angelo used Charlie in that sense; Angelo's mind would be clear, Charlie's would be a mixture of all emotions. Angelo should have kept it as a hug, and given Charlie the comfort that she needed.

And I feel really sorry for Charlie, Angelo was so cold to Charlie when she wanted them to be friends; after everything she did with therapy to sort out her commitment phobia just so she could be happy with Angelo (and any guy/girl who is there after). He couldn't have left the station any faster!

I used to love Angelo, but now I'm finding myself slowly loosing interest in him, which I hate, because I really did think he was a good character. I dont know if I'm happy they've split, because I can see that Angelo wanted Charlie to be honest with him and tell him everything, and then when it was him, he didn't. But on the other side of that, he was there for Charlie when the Grant drama kicked off, which just showed how much they cared for each other (Angelo been there for Charlie and Charlie relying on him and telling him).

So yea, Charlie has had it harder than Angelo, and therefore IMO Charlie has done nothing wrong; she's had drama on top of drama and it doesn't look to be getting any better for her. I feel sorry for Charlie and hop something goes right for her, and makes her happy. She needs something to go right!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did think it seemed at the end of last year that Angelo couldn't do anything right in Charlie's eyes. Ruby goes out and causes trouble, so Charlie blames Angelo for not keeping an eye on her and tells him she wants him to take responsibility for her.So he tries to get involved with disciplining her(I didn't agree with what he said but he was entitled to his opinion), only for her to say she doesn't want him involved after all and he should stay out of it.So he stays out of it and she tells him he should have told her what was going on.So he tries to tell her what Ruby's up to and she ignores his calls!It's a shame they've gone this way because for the last half of last year, up until those last couple of weeks, they did actually seem happy together and they did have a chance to be a family.

I've never been entirely convinced by this whole "Charlie's having trouble being Ruby's mother and Ruby's not listening to her because they've always been sisters" argument.As long as we've known them, Charlie's taken on a parental role for Ruby:It's hard to see how their latest showdown is any different to Charlie banning Ruby from seeing Xavier after they got drunk together in early 2009.

I do think, though, that Charlie gets a hard time from some fans who are determined to find fault in whatever she does.For months it was "She's a terrible police officer, she always turns a blind eye to crimes, she's corrupt, she should be more professional."Then, when she actually started being professional, it was suddenly "How could Charlie arrest Alf?How could she report her daughter and boyfriend?She should have let them off."You can't have it both ways!

But Charlie is having trouble being Ruby's mother. Granted she has always been very parental towards Ruby even when they were sisters, but it's different now. When Charlie was just Ruby's sister she could talk to her about everything and anything and when she had to discipline Ruby she could do it without fearing Ruby would run off.

Ever since the whole revelation there has been serious confusion as to what they are, how they should act and it's gone on too long. Charlie wants to be a mother to Ruby because that's what she has always wanted to be so she has a clear vision of how she see's their relationship. Whereas Ruby grew up believing Charlie to be her sister, only to find out 16 years later that it was all a lie and that she is in fact her biological mother. So for Ruby her vision is more blurred which is understandable.

Although not much has changed with regards Charlie parenting Ruby, you do get a sense that she is a lot more maternal towards Ruby now than she was back when they first arrived and midway into 2009. You can see the difference in her. She was always protective but now it's gone further than that, it's almost like the lioness protecting her cub, she will tear through anything that poses a threat to her child.

Charlie wants to parent Ruby like a normal mother, but because Ruby still doesn't know what way to think of Charlie she doesn't react well to Charlie playing the mother card. Usually she packs her bags and runs 100 miles in the opposite direction. And I think this has kind of made Charlie fearful of really fulfilling her full motherly potential. She doesn't want to force Ruby in the opposite direction again.

I think they need to have Ruby and Charlie try to figure out where they stand because if they don't Ruby is goin to abuse the position she's with regards Charlie. Making Charlie feel lke a bad mother when things do go right. And Charlie needs to stop being so confusing. I don't understand how one minute she can go from grounding her daughter and doing all the normal parental stuff, and the turning around two seconds later spilling information about her sex life or relationship woes.

I know it must be awkward Ruby doesn't know how Charlie is going to react in certain situations anymore. Is she going to act as her mother, or as her sister. And Charlie at times I don't think she knows which one to act as at the best times either. Although I will say towards the end of last year, it was a bit more clearer. Charlie was a mother, Ruby was the daughter and Angelo was Angelo. It was more family like than the way things were before. I think what both Bucktons are missing is stability.

I think you guys have got the complete wrong end of the stick. I don't even know where to begin. The whole reason why I joined this forum was because I thought I might meet some like minded people and get a bit of support.

You guys really don't like Angelo do you? Still blame him for killing Jack huh? Well I really hated how Angelo for killing Jack and especially how he behaved when he got back after he killed Jack. He was arrogant and shoving himself in Tony and Martha's faces all the time and he had a vendetta against Hugo (at the time. I know Hugo was a people smuggler but we only found that out in the end didn't we? Mind you though - even though Angelo was on the right track with Hugo he was really unprofessional at times when he was just on Hugo's back all the time etc.). Believe me I was loving it when Tony was gonna kill Angelo and chuck him off the cliff! BUT when Martha forgave Angelo and saved his life etc. and they bonded over the whole trauma I thought 'Oh maybe he's alright now then' and I too started to forgive him and pay more attention to him and I quickly forgave Angelo too and now he's my favourite character. Anyway... Well I used to love Charlie too and I still do love Angelo but I can see that Charlie was the one who stopped trying to fix the relationship in the first place. Angelo just wouldn't give up would he? He completely completely loves her. That's why he always wants her to stick around longer when they're together or he lingers when he's with her - because he just wants to be with her because she's the love of his life. I kind of think more fool you Angelo a little bit atm. But you can't just turn love as intense and consuming as that off just like that can you so he can't help it.

You know if Angelo had just given up on Charlie and walked out on Ruby and their family they'd built together just like that why didn't Ruby have a go at him when he told her that he was the one that ended it? Why didn't Ruby blow up at him and condemn him all the way you guys are when Angelo told her that he was the one that ended things? Because Ruby knows that there's more to it than that for him. Ruby knows that he just couldn't stand it anymore. Ruby knows that he didn't just give up on the relationship. He was in pain and he didn't want to be anymore. Yeah coz pains so much fun right? /sarcasm. If you're relationship's going nowhere and you're just in pain all the time you're supposed to carry on are you even though it's making your life miserable? I don't think so. I understand that Angelo had to end the relationship because he couldn't be hurting any more.

I didn't think I'd have to spell it all out to you guys but O.K.

I think Angiepantsâ„¢ was the one who ended the relationship because he just couldn't live in the same house as Charlie bearly talking to her anymore with his heart hurting soooooooo much all the time. Angelo wouldn't have just quit on her would he? You don't do that when you're just sooooooo much in love with someone do you? I think Angelo did it to save himself. I think Charlie wasn't the one to end the relationship because she just didn't care anymore.

I don't understand what you mean when you say Charlie is treating Angelo badly and is using him.
She used him to do the cop thing and locate Daria. She used him for sex. O.K. Daria or whatever her name is - I really didn't like it when Charlie asked Angelo if he wouldn't mind spending a couple of hours in a car with her. Of course he wouldn't Charlie. By some miracle he's still completely in love with you so of course he's gonna jump at any chance to spend some more time with you. Don't put him through spending yet more time with you and then you just leave at the end. Don't do it to him.

When Charlie was going to leave after the wake had finished - Come on you guys Angelo is just broken and devastated by this whole thing. How can you not see that? Angelo was looking after Charlie - telling her that she needs to look after herself and she just decided to leave. What he was taking care of her too much and loving her too much? What a shocker /sarcasm. Like I said you can't just turn off love as deep as he had for Charlie. But it actually lead to my saddest and kinda my favourite moment of H&A 2011 so far – After the wake had finished when Angelo said she could stay a little longer - he just wanted her to stay a little longer so he could just sit with her a little more coz he really misses her and she just carried on walking. Then he was almost begging her and you could hear it in his voice - it was broken up. It sounded to me as if he was gonna cry. Just soooooooo sad. My heart went out to him just then it really did. I actually remember saying out loud at the time: "He's just asking you to stay. He wants you to stay". But I kinda love that moment too because Angelo was just putting his heart on the line. He was just being raw and vulnerable and true and I just really felt for him in that moment. Look by some miracle - even though Charlie ripped out Angelo's heart from his chest and ran over it with a steam roller like 20 times just to make sure it was dead and I mean I don't know but I doubt that was her intention. I mean she loved Angelo right? How could she want to devastate him so much if she was in love with him and she went to her shrink to help her to have a good relationship with Angelo (I'd forgotten about that). Like I said with so many things about this whole situation I just don't know. Anyway by some miracle Angelo is still really in love with her so that's why he didn't want her to leave. He just misses her. He just wanted to spend some time with her so he could stop feeling soooooooo sad and alone for a little bit. I say he's better off without her but that's just my opinion. Believe me I never thought I’d ever say that. It kinda breaks my heart to have to say/think that but I just think it’s true. Although I don’t know why I just think it’s true. I don’t know why/how they got to this point in the end anyway. Another thing is that I don't think Charlie and Angelo should have any scenes together atm. Charlie just needs to get on with her life and grieve for Ross and Angiepants™ needs to take time to properly get over Charlie and move on. It's sad for me to have to say this because I thought Charlie and Angelo were gonna be together forever (hey it has to happen to the couples on soaps and dramas at some point right?) when they were reunited last year after breaking up because of Charlie's commitment issues. They just seemed so completely solid. Now I realise I went off on a bit of a tangent there but all the stuff when Charlie was going to leave Angelo’s place lead to…

The other thing that happened at the end of the wake - Angelo asked Charlie if she was sure and she said yes. Angelo asked her because they're not together anymore and he knew she was grieving so he didn't want to take advantage of her. But Angelo just desperately wanted to be close to her again so yeah he let Charlie use him. Which is what the using part is on Charlie's behalf - she knew Angelo wouldn't say no but she wanted to take her mind off her Dad for a little while so Charlie used Angelo because she knew he wouldn't stop her because he still really loves her and he really misses her. Charlie even admitted to Ruby the next day that she used Angelo so I don’t know how come you managed to miss that. I just think it was really wrong of Charlie to take advantage of the way Angelo still obviously feels about her the way she did. It's not healthy and it's not normal either. They're not together any more for crying out loud. Ruby pulled Charlie up on it the next morning don't forget. Ruby had a go at Charlie for using Angelo in that way don't forget. But Charlie acknowledged that she was using her ex :crying: but she said she wasn't gonna apologise because she didn't want to basically. That's just wrong. To put it plainly Angelo wasn't taking advantage of Charlie - he just completely wouldn't do that. No Charlie was the one taking advantage of the intense and complex feelings Angelo still has for her. I can't believe she did that. I wouldn't have ever thought she'd do that ever. It's just so wrong and so cold and just everything that I didn't think Charlie was. :angry:

I do wish we would get a better explanation as to why they broke up though and not just the 'there were so many problems' that appears to be the only explanation we are going to get.
My sentiments exactly! I just want to know what went wrong in the first place and then couldn't be resolved so then spiralled out of all proportion and ended up being really devastating and painful and meaning that Charlie and Angelo were "bearly talking to each other in the end" - like Ruby said to Nic. I just want to know the reason why Charlie and Angelo aren't together any more. I want to know as well why the lengths they went to to stay together didn't work either and I want to know a timeline of events.

I have a theory actually that maybe Charlie had a miscarriage. I know that often devastates couples and breaks them up. But um Ruby had that conversation with Charlie about Nic and her baby didn’t she. She wouldn’t have had that conversation with her Mum if she knew that Charlie had just had a miscarriage would she? I don’t know how Ruby could not know. I think that Angelo would probably have told her because he wanted Ruby to be there for Charlie so she’d have someone because Charlie didn’t want him. I just really desperately need to find out what went so awfully, horrendously wrong for Charlie to make her give up on trying to fix her relationship with Angelo including why she’s treating Angelo so badly now.

I have a lot more things I want to say but for now I'll finish by saying 4 last things: Firstly responding to this:

How exactly is she rubbing it in Angelo's face that they are not together anymore? I haven't seen anything from Charlie to show this.
Really? Allow me to enlighten you. With Angelo bringing the box of things to Charlie's work - It was obviously just getting him so down to keep seeing stuff belonging to the woman he loves but really can't be with any more in his house still. He has to move on you guys. Do you think he likes feeling soooooo sad and alone and missing the relationship all the time? He can't help himself with that or maybe he doesn't want to help himself with that because he just wants Charlie. But Angelo can help himself with the fact that he doesn't have to have Charlie's things in his house all the time so that whenever he sees them he feels even worse that she's not around anymore. He took it to the police station straight away because he just couldn't have it in his house any longer and if Charlie was gonna come and pick it up then it would have to be wouldn't it. I think it was as much as he could do to not just chuck it all out of the front door because it’s just soooooooo painful for him to keep seeing reminders of Charlie everywhere he turns all the time. He wouldn’t have ever done that obviously. But the thought might’ve crossed his mind once or twice. Not to do it in an angry way but just because still having things of Charlie’s around his house was making him sooooooo sad. Well he was kind of chucking it out in a nice way – he was getting it out of his house immediately by taking it to Charlie directly at her work. Charlie asked Angelo if there was any particular reason for the spring clean. Oh please. Like you don't know. Don't just don't O.K. leave the poor man alone – rubbing it in Angelo’s face. Also when they got back from busting Daria - Charlie walked Angelo out and said "It was fun being your partner again today. As a cop I mean." Shut up. We know already. You've made it abundantly clear that that's how you feel. Angelo knows that you didn't mean it in that way O.K. So Angelo smiled when she said that. So What? He’s not allowed to be happy to hear her say that? She knows he’s still in love with her so of course he was gonna smile when she said that. Argh :hairout: Just leave Angelo alone Charlie. Plus they weren’t even talking about their relationship right then so why did Charlie feel the need to clarify that point. Hence she was rubbing it in his face that they’re not an item any more. It might not be intentional on Charlie’s part but that’s the effect of it. Oh great real nice Charlie now it’s on his mind all over again. Not that he needs any help mind you to think about the best thing that ever happened to him finishing up so badly and then being thoroughly depressed by that thought whenever he has it which I’m guessing is pretty much all the time. Just leave Angelo alone Charlie. It’s just mean and rude frankly and I hate her for doing that. Then she had the nerve to ask him if they could still be friends... er NO. He needs some space from you right now. Don’t you know that? Don’t you get it. Can’t you see that Charlie? :angry: But of course Angelo's gonna say yes isn't he. He's still in love with her and everybody knows that and especially Charlie so she's using him. Charlie just wants Angelo to be her shoulder to cry on whenever she needs him. She's got him wrapped around her little finger. I also think that Charlie should just be able to see/know she’s being really insensitive towards Angelo whenever she talks to him atm. Charlie’s a smart, intuitive person you know and she just knows Angelo so she should be able to pick up on when he’s feeling sad but not showing it. It’s kind of like Charlie’s kicking Angelo while he’s down I think. Also as if it’s not bad enough that Changelo suddenly aren’t together anymore the only scenes they have together now are sad or uncomfortable or just generally bad. That’s kind of just like TPTB are rubbing all the changes in all us shippers’ faces that is and I don’t appreciate it.

I love Angelo and I really hate to see him being soooooo down and heartbroken atm. Angiepants™ is a lovely guy and I just really love him as a character and I’m just really sad and gutted for him that he’s so heartbroken atm. I loved his relationship with Charlie for him!! Charlie made him happy and he was soooooo in love with her plus I just thought they worked as a couple and I loved seeing Charlie with him too!! But now Angelo’s just sad all the time and I’m really upset about that.

Mostly though I’m just depressed and really bummed and really gutted that Changelo aren’t an item anymore. I mask it with anger because anger’s just easier and it doesn’t hurt so much. But feeling angry about this all the time isn’t a walk in the park either coz it just makes me really frustrated and annoyed. I mean I really used to love Changelo!! I thought they were a really awesome couple!! In fact they were my fave. couple on any of my T.V. shows last year!! It just really really sucks that they’re not together anymore. Charlie and Angelo were really happy and settled together! They were really cute and they were in tune with each other and in sync. in the relationship too and I just miss seeing Changelo. I just really miss them. I’m just really sad that they aren’t together anymore. Now they’re just Charlie and Angelo and it’s really sad. :crying: I mean Changelo just loved each other and enjoyed spending time together and they would always be sure to support their other half when they were going through a rough patch! They were just a good, normal, healthy, strong couple!! I just used to really enjoy seeing them on the show!! Maybe it’s not Charlie I’m mad at the most. I’m mad at TPTB too for taking Changelo away from me and not giving me the full reason why and I just think that’s really out of order. I’m mad at TPTB for making me hate Charlie. I really used to love her really I did! I don’t know why TPTB had to end Charlie and Angelo’s relationship. :crying:

Lastly: I don’t always take it so hard when a ship of mine breaks up trust me. I’m not a complete loony but it’s just all the mystery and vagueness and shock about Changelo atm. that I really can’t get over.

^^I dont hate Angelo, no. Never used to like him but his character grew on me alot last year and now I would say he was one of my favourites.

But I still dont agree Charlie has been using Angelo. Okay, after the funeral yes, it shouldn't have happened and she did say to Ruby she used him, but Ruby always puts the blame on Charlie for everything anyways, I just feel really sorry for Charlie. Angelo should not have let it happen either way. He knew it would be wrong but yet he still went through with it. Asking someone who was in an emotional state like Charlie if she is sure, just doesn't cut it for me. Angelo is as much to blame, if not more so for what happened after the funeral than Charlie was. Again, Angelo offered Charlie the address, which to me shows he was wanting to help her out, so really nope, dont think she was just using him there either.

Angelo wouldn't have just quit on her would he? You don't do that when you're just sooooooo much in love with someone do you?

Well Angelo was the one who ended the relationship, so obviously, yes he would. If he loved her that much and wanted to make his relationship work then surely instead of breaking up with Charlie he would have kept trying to get things back on track?

I dont think Charlie would just stop try either. Why put herself through the therapy to try to be able to commit, to move in with him to then suddenly give up trying?

It just doesn't make sense, and really baffles me as to why they put Charlie and Angelo through all this just to break them up just like that with hardly any information as to what happened.

I really am gutted about this though. They were my favourite couple and I really thought after they moved in together and it seemed Charlie had worked through some of her issues that they were actually going to settle into a proper wee family together. I can always hold out hope, but I dont see them getting back together at all anymore. I think that's it now. I can hardly see them even being friends at the moment! :(

Edited by Danni02

^^I dont hate Angelo, no. Never used to like him but his character grew on me alot last year and now I would say he was one of my favourites.

But I still dont agree Charlie has been using Angelo. Okay, after the funeral yes, it shouldn't have happened and she did say to Ruby she used him, but Ruby always puts the blame on Charlie for everything anyways, I just feel really sorry for Charlie. Angelo should not have let it happen either way. He knew it would be wrong but yet he still went through with it. Asking someone who was in an emotional state like Charlie if she is sure, just doesn't cut it for me. Angelo is as much to blame, if not more so for what happened after the funeral than Charlie was. Again, Angelo offered Charlie the address, which to me shows he was wanting to help her out, so really nope, dont think she was just using him there either.

Angelo wouldn't have just quit on her would he? You don't do that when you're just sooooooo much in love with someone do you?

Well Angelo was the one who ended the relationship, so obviously, yes he would. If he loved her that much and wanted to make his relationship work then surely instead of breaking up with Charlie he would have kept trying to get things back on track?

I dont think Charlie would just stop try either. Why put herself through the therapy to try to be able to commit, to move in with him to then suddenly give up trying?

Totally agreed with you!

I have always liked Angelo, apart from those first few weeks in 2008 when he just seemed to be irritating.People can point to things he did and say they make him a bad person but in my mind he's never set out to deliberately hurt anyone, he's just made a few very bad calls.Watching that scene after the funeral, it did seem to me that he asked Charlie to stay mainly because he wanted to help, because he didn't want her to be alone.Then she turned to him for comfort and he did ask if she was sure about it:Grieving woman or not, I think she was in the right frame of mind to know what she was doing, to know it was what she wanted and she'd deal with the consequences later.Maybe he should have pushed her away anyway or put a stop to it somehow but that would probably have just hurt her in the short-term and it's hard to imagine many people turning down the person they love in that sort of situation.Plus I think a part of him probably thought they were getting back together.I suspect that deep down they do still love each other but they just can't get past the hurt at the moment, so for Charlie it manifests itself as frostiness and emotional distance and for Angelo it manifests as frustration and hostility.

Yay Red Ranger!! I knew I'd get some sense from you in this thread!! I agree with what you just said there! Very succinct!! ;) I especially liked this part:

Maybe he should have pushed her away anyway or put a stop to it somehow but that would probably have just hurt her in the short-term and it's hard to imagine many people turning down the person they love in that sort of situation.Plus I think a part of him probably thought they were getting back together.I suspect that deep down they do still love each other but they just can't get past the hurt at the moment, so for Charlie it manifests itself as frostiness and emotional distance and for Angelo it manifests as frustration and hostility.
Yeah he wouldn't have turned Charlie down because he is still really really in love with her. That's exactly what I said! Charlie knew he wouldn't say no because of that very reason so yeah. Yeah maybe he did think they were getting back together. I guess he just wanted to soooooo badly so maybe he did. That thought never occured to me before. Yeah I think you're spot on there about the way they're reacting to each other now and why. :)

So here's the thing O.K. people - maybe I was being too hostile towards Charlie and O.K. on watching that back when she was working with Angelo again I guess she wasn't using him. I'm gonna try and go a little easier on Charlie now. I think I went a little OTT on the hatred and just everything. Yeah yeah you can all stop laughing now. But I still think she's the worst person in this.

I don't know what I can say to try and convince you that Angelo ended things because he just couldn't stay being suffocated in such a devestating and toxic relationship with his true love anymore. It's just not as simple as that sometimes. Angelo said that but I just want to know why. I can't fully know how to feel about all of this and start to really deal with it until I find out why everything that happened happened. I think something really bad happened to Charlie but I don't know what. Miscarriage? But I think this made her just go inside of herself and get really depressed and stuff. I just can't see Angelo giving up the fight. O.K. maybe I should use the word willingly. I don't think he would have given up fighting to stay with Charlie out of choice. I think Angelo just saw it as the only option to just finish things. He'd given his all to try and save his much treasured relationship - and I mean that completely sincerely ;) but it just wasn't working out so he just had to put a stop to it to keep himself from losing it.

I've tried to not want them to get back together because I don't see how Charlie could just give up on them and if she did then I think Angelo deserves a lot better. But he's just still soooooo in love with her and in reality I just still really miss my Changelo and I do think they're meant to be so I still hope that they'll have a truly forever emotional and lovely reunion one ep. :wub: Also I don't think I really TPTB anymore after making C and A have such a big bad break up this time around. I think this is the worst one they've ever been through isn't it? I thought that Changelo were together forever this time. I was secretly looking forward to what their Wedding would be like and how Angiepantsâ„¢ was gonna propose etc. Then again you know they just seemed so sorted so why shouldn't I get so excited about those sorts of things. TPTB lulled me (and the other Changelo shippers for that matter) into a false sense of security and then just made Charlie and Angelo just have this big bad bust up. Whose to say TPTB won't break them apart again next time even if it seems like they're solid etc?

I don't know if I'll come back in here many more times. I'm gonna go back to just watching at UK pace instead of downloading the eps. when Charlie and Angelo are in them. I wanted to get my answers but I think we're gonna have to wait a long time for those so I'll just find out what happened at my regular pace.

P.S. Danni I really like your avvie!! Which ep. is it from?

Edited by Changelo shipper <3

I doubt it was a miscarriage. Charlie has a hard enough time trying to get used to doing the less seriosu commitment stuff with Angelo, like moving into together etc. I highly doubt the writers would go down that route. Plus if Charlie had have been pregnant or had a miscarriage, I'm pretty sure she would have told Ruby. But since Ruby seems very unsympathetic towards her I'm guessing that that whole theory isn't very plausible.

It's not what Angelo has done that annoys me, it's more how he deals with those situations. I mean okay he shot Jack, but it's more the fact that he ran off and lied rather then doing the noble thing and calling for medical services and owning up. It's the fact that having known what he did he still took a police bargain to stay out of jail and head back to the very place where he caused so much heartache. I also thought the way Angelo acted after being kicked off the police force was dispicable. He chose to let Hugo and Martha go, I'm guessing out of guilt, and instead of owning up straight away, he attempted to make lie with a story that was never going to work anyways. Thus making everything worse for himself and avoiding doing jail time yet again.

It's the fact that he never seems to listen to what Charlie's saying to him when he overreacts about situations. She told him not to defend Indi in court, which would have been ten times worse for him instead of just taking the fine and caution, instead he argued with her about it. Instead of being honest about Paolo and the debt, the loan sharks, what happened when they were teens, he decided to lie, refused to talk to her about his past and made a big deal of it. Yet he thinks it's okay to demant Charlie to tell him everything about her.

He stalked her when she went to counselling, and rather than asking her straight out what was going, he climbed a tree and spied on her. I know Charlie was probably more than likely not going to tell him about therspy, but it was still very sly of Angelo to invade her privacy like that. When he decided he wanted to open a restaurant Charlie was supportive. He asked, almost begged her to tell him when she thought he was getting in over his or wasn't doing something right while he was doing it and the minute she does do that, he gets angry and storms off more or less telling her that she was unsupportive.

Angelo is manipulative, sneaky and very self centred. When things aren't going right he want's the easy way out and never thinks of anyone else's feelings. And fed up with people trying to make him out to be the hero when he is anything but. I get that people like him, but it seems no matter what he does, he's never really in the wrong, he is. Charlie kops most of the attacks when things don't go right in their now non existent relationship which is unfair cause Angelo is as much to blame for his own heartache. He knows Charlie has issues commiting so he was entering that relationship at his own risk. People need to stop blaming Charlie for everything.

I don't know what I can say to try and convince you that Angelo ended things because he just couldn't stay being suffocated in such a devestating and toxic relationship with his true love anymore. It's just not as simple as that sometimes.

P.S. Danni I really like your avvie!! Which ep. is it from?

I do get what you are saying, I really do. It just seems to me that you are putting all the blame for the ending of this relationship on Charlie, and I am just try to put across the point (although not very well) that I dont see how you can soley blame her, it takes 2 people to make a relationship work, and sadly they just couldn't work through their problems (whatever they may be).

But anyways, lets just leave it there and agree to disagree, because I dont think we will ever agree on this! :P

And sorry, not sure what episode my avatar came from. I'm pretty sure its from when the whole Mother/Daughter/Grant stuff was happening (which doesn't really narrow it down that much, sorry) but couldn't tell you the exact episode.

Edited by Danni02