Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its possible, if a girl starts her period at the age of eight. She can have children. I'm not sure which country but I heard ages ago that a eight year old fell pregnant (I can't remember whether she was raped or had an older boyfriend..)

I've always loved Charlie's relationship with her sister. But now that Charlie's her mum I think it will be awesome to watch (like the Gilmore Girls). Young mums seem to get teen issues and relationships better (I'm not saying its impossible for older mums to not understand teenage issues etc :) )

Charlie & Angelo - I love their relationship. They have a connection and I think Charlie brings out the best in Angelo. You see a much sweeter side to Angelo when he's with Charlie (note: when he's not busy trying to arrest Hugo or stalker the abalone divers lol)

It must be horrible not having the chance to speak up about what happened to her as a teen (because of her dad) and it must be terrible not getting justice.

Edited by Lily-G

In Brazil two kids aged 8 and 9 or something became the youngest parents ever or something, just a two years ago or something. Basically it can physically be possible, but emotionally it's more of a "how is that possible?"

I think the Charlie/Ruby storyline has been done better than I thought it would. It definitely hasn't made me like Charlie less at all, and I think it's a story that sort of fits her character, like the background sort of makes sense when it comes to who she is today. Like when we found out about Aden's past.

It must be horrible not having the chance to speak up about what happened to her as a teen (because of her dad) and it must be terrible not getting justice.

I would've liked to have seen some guilt with Ross. And more about why he didn't let her speak up. HAA has a tendancy to just pack up a scene and finish with it. But I'm looking forward to more "mother/daughter" scenes to come. And more with Ross, hopefully.

I think the Charlie/Ruby storyline has been done better than I thought it would. It definitely hasn't made me like Charlie less at all, and I think it's a story that sort of fits her character, like the background sort of makes sense when it comes to who she is today. Like when we found out about Aden's past.

When the spoilers were first floating around, I cringed at the idea of Charlie revealing that she was the one to give birth to Ruby. I mean, how would've they drawn out the story. I thought it would've been really lame, but I think it's been great! I can't remember if HAA has had a situation similar to this before, but it seems really interesting and original and, suprisingly, keeps me glued to the screen. It's definitely made me enjoy Charlie more, and Ruby, and I think it's been one of the most enjoyable storylines so far for me :).

Edited by HAA Girl 08

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little something I've been pondering ...

I've always been a BIG Charlie fan ever since she first joined, even though she was quite a prickly and judgmental character I always found her very vulnerable underneath and I liked the fact that she was flawed and didn't always think before she spoke.

Then as they started adding more and more layers to the character and peeling away at her backstory I found those flaws all the more interesting because the backstory actually made sense of a fantastically complex character that I can't help but wonder if they always knew Charlie was going to be Ruby's mother.

I remember when Ruby first entered the show there was a little converstion between her and Charlie in which Ruby said that Charlie had always been angry at Ross for as long as she could remember and Charlie sait it was because she always felt like he was letting her down. And then recently you've had the Charlie/Ross showdown where she finally told him how let down she felt that he didn't charge Grant which fits in with that first conversation.

I really hope Ruby and Charlie can find some middle ground after all of this because Ruby is the one person in Charlie's life that means the most to her.

Then there's her romantic relationships which have never exactly been uncomplicated, it always seemed to me that Charlie went for relationships that were complicated and seemingly unattainable to start with on purpose because that way when the relationship broke down she always had something to blame, it was almost as if she expected them to end before they had begun.

The recent reunion with Angelo is developing nicely because she's letting him in to her heart and life in a way she hasn't with anyone before. It's as if she's finally believing that maybe she can make a relationship work and she's not unloveable (is that a word?)

I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

I wasn't fan of this storyline when I first heard about it. But I've got to say that it has really explained a lot of aspects of Charlie's character and things she has done and how they might be related to supressed feelings. Like her protectiveness over Ruby, her need to be loved (during her relationship with Roman) and some of the random things she's done it terms of relationships. It has been really well written and interesting to watch.

I love her relationship with Angelo and I think it has slotted well into this storyline too.

Esther has improved so much. She is doing a fantastic job.

But I think her best scenes are still to come.

I've only just started watching home and away because I saw the adverts for Belle and Aden's wedding and thought ah this looks good. Because I live in england we are a month or so behind. But I searched home and away on youtube and found all of the videos of the Charlie/Ruby Mother/Daughter storyline. I am totally hooked now. I am really looking forward to see how this all works out. I did think that there was something different about their relationship because they seem very close and there is such an age gap. I just love their relationship and hope they can get through all the stuff with Grant/ I hope Ruby finds out that Charlie is telling the truth before it's too late.