Nicole Franklin - Tessa James

Foxy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, what does everyone think of Nicole?

Everyone seems to think negatively about her??

Not so!! A lot of us like Nicole and think that Tessa is doing a great job playing her.

We do have a number of members of the forum who are quite irrationally negative toward her because they believe that after Belle died Aden should have stayed lonely, alone and celibate for an extended mourning period of their choosing. Because he chose to love Nicole rather than do that they hate her.

In my opinion, it's got nothing to do with Nicole as John said. It's all about Aden. Heck, if Charlie ended up with Aden after Belle died, everyone would turn on her just as they have done with Nicole. It's all got to do with Aden. On Neighbours, Declan has even gone as far as moving in with Kate at one stage so maybe we should all turn on him too. :P

Not so!! A lot of us like Nicole and think that Tessa is doing a great job playing her.

We do have a number of members of the forum who are quite irrationally negative toward her because they believe that after Belle died Aden should have stayed lonely, alone and celibate for an extended mourning period of their choosing. Because he chose to love Nicole rather than do that they hate her.

Ummm excuse me... but that's not entirely true... John... and maybe you should reassess your facts before accusing every Nicole hate of hating her just because she got with Aden... no... I'm afraid you have got your facts wrong when it comes to some of us Nicole haters...

I'm sorry if not every single one of us can forgive every little thing she has done wrong that she never got punished for that she should have been punished for... I mean has everyone forgotten the Sid thing here... she didn't have to leave town... she wasn't looked down upon like some of the other members of the Bay would have been... no... she chucked a wammy because Miles and Sid humiliated her... after she'd already forced her hand in splitting up a family... no... to me that is unforgivable... no matter the circumstances....

and you can turn around and say to me that she was having a hard time with her dad going to jail et cetera... but that still does not give her the right to be the prima princess of Summer Bay and get away with everything...

The Aden thing just bought everything to a head with me... especially when at the beginning of their so called "relationship" she complained about Aden being distanced and blah blah blah.... UMMM HELLO HIS WIFE JUST DIED!

And then when she told him she loved him and got all insecure that he didn't say it back... jeeeeeesus.... the only other person he had said it to was HIS WIFE.... and she did not get that.... then she does a complete 180 and say's she gets it all blah blah blah... yeah whatever I dont care anymore... I really dont...

But to me... what she done to Sid and his family... I will never forgive that... EVER... I dont care how much you all have...

I'll just be glad when Aden is finally free of her! He's lost his touch since getting with her!

Ummm excuse me... but that's not entirely true... John... and maybe you should reassess your facts before accusing every Nicole hate of hating her just because she got with Aden... no... I'm afraid you have got your facts wrong when it comes to some of us Nicole haters...

I'm sorry if not every single one of us can forgive every little thing she has done wrong that she never got punished for that she should have been punished for... I mean has everyone forgotten the Sid thing here... she didn't have to leave town... she wasn't looked down upon like some of the other members of the Bay would have been... no... she chucked a wammy because Miles and Sid humiliated her... after she'd already forced her hand in splitting up a family... no... to me that is unforgivable... no matter the circumstances....

and you can turn around and say to me that she was having a hard time with her dad going to jail et cetera... but that still does not give her the right to be the prima princess of Summer Bay and get away with everything...

The Aden thing just bought everything to a head with me... especially when at the beginning of their so called "relationship" she complained about Aden being distanced and blah blah blah.... UMMM HELLO HIS WIFE JUST DIED!

And then when she told him she loved him and got all insecure that he didn't say it back... jeeeeeesus.... the only other person he had said it to was HIS WIFE.... and she did not get that.... then she does a complete 180 and say's she gets it all blah blah blah... yeah whatever I dont care anymore... I really dont...

But to me... what she done to Sid and his family... I will never forgive that... EVER... I dont care how much you all have...

I'll just be glad when Aden is finally free of her! He's lost his touch since getting with her!

I think I'll let other members judge the things you've put forward as "facts".

What I put forward was an opinion based on my judgement of events. What you put forward was also an opinion based on your judgements of the events. Mine was positive in my attitude to Nicole, yours was negative. I have not felt the need to resort to over the top language or constant repetition, you have.

Let's just let other posters tell us what they think about Nicole and not try to pressure them into agreeing with either of us. Rather let us hear their judgements.

I rather like Nicole, and I don't think shes that bad

A lot of the Nicole hate is down to her dating Aden but some people just disguise their hate for her. The root of most of the hate is her relationship, without a doubt!

I always did like the idea of Nicole&Aden since they slept together last year and I was having some serious Adelle hatred going on around then so I just felt slightly drawn to Nicole&Aden.

I do respect that some people don't like Nicole but it gets a bit tiring when people just pick at every single thing that she does , she can do NOTHING right in the eyes of some people and that just shows that people are trying to find faults in everything she does and its just unnecessary and annoying sometimes. Those who do it know who they are.... (I'm not speaking about you Bec by the way :P )

I do respect that some people don't like Nicole but it gets a bit tiring when people just pick at every single thing that she does , she can do NOTHING right in the eyes of some people and that just shows that people are trying to find faults in everything she does and its just unnecessary and annoying sometimes. Those who do it know who they are.... (I'm not speaking about you Bec by the way :P )

I agree, I personally really like Nicole, she strikes me as a young woman just trying to figure things out and sometimes getting a bit lost. But I don't mind if people don't like her, we all have the characters we like and dislike. It's when people attack every single move she makes without fail that really really irritates me, it's very sad I most say.

I think opinion's kind of split on the character.There are people who disliked her from the start and haven't changed their minds.And I think there's also a lot of people who simply refuse to accept Aden with anyone other than Belle which is why they've turned on Nicole and maybe turned on her when they first slept together.As for the thing with Sid:Well, yes, she did the wrong thing although she was in a pretty bad place at the time, not only because of losing Roman but also because of Trey trying to kill her, being placed in the position of supporting Belle through her last days and being continually abused and rejected by Aden when she tried to help him.Should she have been punished for it?It'd be interesting to know what punishment people would think was appropriate.She did try and patch things up between Sid and Indi and she has shown genuine if inconsistent remorse. I think there a lot of characters in the show-Aden, Charlie, Ruby, Angelo, Xavier, Liam-who are far more guilty of "getting away with everything" than Nicole is.And yes, it does seem at times as though some people are just looking for reasons to hate her.

Personally, I like her and I always have done.Some of the things she did at the start annoyed me but she never actually got away with everything, she always seemed to get found out and grounded or forced to work in the Diner as punishment.And yes, I didn't like her that much during the whole business with Sid but I understood why she did it and once she got her head together I liked her again.She can be a bit of a princess at times, she can come across as insecure, but she's also got a very caring side to her.I've loved the relationship she has with Aden, both before and after they became romantically involved, which not only comes across as genuinely supportive but also she seems willing to challenge him and point out his faults when other people seem prepared to just sit back and let him do what he wants, even though that does cause her to overstep the mark at times (and I think she's sadly about to do just that, to both their detriment).I like the relationship she has with Miles as well, he seems like a kind of surrogate uncle to her, so it's a shame that's been neglected a lot lately.

I most certainly don't hate Nicole. She turned up in Summer Bay as a spoilt little brat and found a father who was willing to give her the boundaries that every child/teenager needs. When Roman went to jail, Nicole fell off the rails which to me was completely understandable. She then found Sid and I think she got her feelings mixed up for him. At that point she needed someone to come into her life as a father figure and no one stood up as that so she went looking for one in the wrong way. No way have I ever forgiven everything she's done and she's done some dumb things along the way but I think that storyline is excusable for the circumstances she found herself in.

She's just a teenage girl that along the way has gotten her feelings messed up and it'll happen again.

On the Aden thing, all I want for Aden is happiness and if Nicole gives him that then that's fine with me.