Nicole Franklin - Tessa James

Foxy

I think Nicole is brilliant. Feisty and much nicer than she used to be. She was a right bitch when she first came, then she matured when going out with Geoff. She was brought up by a childish, selfish woman and has grown out of that, becoming more mature than her mother. She is at her worst when being indecisive and worrying, but at her best when kicking arse like taking charge of that horrible Britt situation. I think she could have been much worse, she has become much more grown up and caring since her arrival e.g. her looking after Belle and fitting in with Geoff's 'no sex before marriage' relationship.

Edited by Miranda

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I most certainly don't hate Nicole. She turned up in Summer Bay as a spoilt little brat and found a father who was willing to give her the boundaries that every child/teenager needs. When Roman went to jail, Nicole fell off the rails which to me was completely understandable. She then found Sid and I think she got her feelings mixed up for him. At that point she needed someone to come into her life as a father figure and no one stood up as that so she went looking for one in the wrong way. No way have I ever forgiven everything she's done and she's done some dumb things along the way but I think that storyline is excusable for the circumstances she found herself in.

You've pretty much summed my thoughts about Nicole since she arrived, Lise.

I think the Sid storyline was excusable for the reasons outlined above. Nicole needed someone to reach out to her at that time and Sid tried to do that. I think Nicole was looking for some guidance so badly that she confused his fatherly concern for romantic interest. When Sid realised this he started backing off and I think Nicole was so scared of losing that concern that she tried to cling onto it harder by behaving even more outrageously (turning up in his swimming pool etc.).

I have no problem with her relationship with Aden other than finding it a bit dull. But my thoughts on that are for another thread.

I really like Nicole and hope she is around for a while yet. Tessa does a brilliant job playing her.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Stephanie

• 2 months later...

Bless Nicole she seems like such a lost soul, and I think she could learn a thing or two from an altogether more intelligent, grounded and invigorated woman - and I think my travelling companion Marilyn Chambers could fit that role perfectly. Nicole certainly likes a man or two (I should know, I found a copy of that video in the attic) but she really needs to learn to control her urges and find one that's worth her time.

I love the mix of who we have in the Summer Bay house at the moment, all of how Nicole is with everyone is really nice to watch. I have loved her from the moment she has got on the show. I wouldn't mind seeing her not with a guy for awhile because when she is, she only ends up geting messed about. Moments with her and Romeo rock, so more time spent with her friends rather than men work better for me at this moment in time.

I agree with you in terms of her role in Summer Bay House, her relationships with everyone there are really nice to watch. Strangely enough though, I think the most underdeveloped of those is her relationship with Miles, which I find weird given that he is supposed to have the "patriarch" role in the house. I'm fairly certain she didn't have a lot to do with him before she moved in, so it would've been nice to see some sort of bond developed - though having said that, I think the moment has passed for that to happen.

I agree they probably haven't had as much interaction as they could have done but I'm actually thinking of lots of scenes between them, so many I can't list them all, and certainly enough for me to believe there's a bond there.It started shortly before Nicole moved in when she was confiding in Miles about Gardy and I think we've had odd little bits here and there, like their discussion about going back to school at the start of the year, his inadvertent "down on love" speech to her at the end of last year, their little bit after her obsession over Sid was revealed, her worrying over him in hospital when he was attacked by Riley and his mates, his recent concern over her relationship with Penn...Some of them could have been done better but I think they have been portrayed as quite close.

• 1 month later...

The Walkers just arrived here in my country a few weeks ago, Miles vs Sid, first Nicole falling for Sid when Sid was just being protective over her, i'm curious.. she's falling for fatherfigure.. you hear that alot.. ) while Miles she could never fall inlove with cause she didn't respect him enough at the time not now either fall in love) anyway with the whole Miles Sid and Marilyn teaming up i was just curious would Nicole still go there if she had the chance with Sid which Penn had his doubts about , also Sid think Marylin cured him or keeping him happy atleast :lol: she's a hand full :lol: i love that trio Miles Sid and Marilyn .. .. .. . no Penn intended!

• 9 months later...

I can't believe I was actually looking forward to Nicole's storyline this year.It seems so long ago.I thought Nicole being pregnant would see some great character interaction, a chance to see how much she'd grown and matured, to explore the bonds she'd formed with the other characters and see how much they cared about and supported her...What did we get instead?Five months of Marilyn saying the baby was hers, Nicole saying she couldn't be a mother and no-one making more than a token attempt to point out they were both talking nonsense, dragged out so long and so far that it ended up with a significant proportion of the audience seeing Nicole as the villain of the piece.(And an equally significant proportion seeing Marilyn as the villain of the piece.)Yet another example of how Summer Bay treats vulnerable teenagers these days.Every relationship she'd built up on the show was completely ignored:After giving birth she had precisely zero interaction with Miles(the only time they shared a scene was George's naming ceremony where I don't think they even appeared in the same shot)and shared about half a scene with Ruby and a quarter of a scene with Romeo. Instead she was paired with someone who she'd spoken to no more than half a dozen times to try and give her a happy ending and had a goodbye scene with Colleen, a character who had nothing to do with her.As someone said in the Nicole/Angelo thread, she deserved better.It's tempting to speculate they gave Nicole a big storyline to try and get her to renew her contract.If I'd been Tessa James getting those scripts, it'd have made up my mind about going.

I'll miss Nicole a lot, she was my favourite female teen. She always had the ability to sort other people's love lives out but never her own (pre Angelo of course).

I thought her relationship with Angelo was done well, it went slowly and they didn't suddenly jump on each other as often happens in HAA. She brought out the protective side of him as well as the family man side. She was feminine and girly enough to do that. I still laugh at her 'distracting' Brax when Angelo was spying on Brax's business, by turning on the girly charm :lol:

I agree that it was extremely weird she never talked to Miles about the baby storyline, he was like her father ffs. She talked more to Romeo about it. And the farewell scene between her, Ange and Colleen and Roo was weird, I'd have liked a farewell between her and the rest of her family (the Stewart- Copeland- Franklin-Smiths :lol:). But hey.