Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Belle actions were expedient and with a little thought and imagination she could have achieved the same ends regarding the toxic waste dump, but in a more honourable manner.

I agree, I believe she could have handled it differently.

Even though she's been really great about the whole toxic waste dump, it's no excuse to use people like that, especially to someone who's been nothing but supportive of you. There's always another way. You don't need to lie, cheat or steal. And I know she's human so mistakes are inevitable but the fact that she didn't learn from her past mistake in regards to the cheating, to me, just degrades the character she was becoming. Maybe after this one, it will finally sink in.

I support Aden and Belle as a couple but Belle has just disappointed me through this latest storyline, not only has she been disrespectful to Angelo but Aden too in a way.

I expected better from her is all.

I love the character of Belle & think Jess's acting is brilliant.

I have really enjoyed Belle right from the beginning, when she came to try & find her Mum. I loved all the fights she had with Amanda before she found out she was her Mum and after. Think the thing I really liked & still like about her is she was different to the other female teenagers in the bay, more complex.

However I find myself quite often wanting to yell at the tv screen don't do that, you daft girl/woman! Like when she slept with Lucas cos she thought Drew was going to with Lisa. More recently when she said to Aden bout not telling Angelo about them, cos he was in hospital, then cos she wanted Angelo's help with the development site. But, as someone else pointed out, it would not make for as interesting viewing if all the charactors always did the right thing! It would also not be very realistic as everyone has flaws of some kind!

Oh Belle, you really know how to screw things up! I'm not even going to try and defend Belle's deceitfulness tonight. Once she was busted, she really had no reason to lie other than she was too scared to face Angelo, his feelings we going to get hurt either way. Hopefully she's learnt her lesson that lying to save someones feelings will only blow up in her face, again and again...

You could tell when she was trying to break up with him, Angelo was pretending like he knew nothing because he didn't want to give her the easy way out, he was content to see her squirm. I do feel sorry for her, she's in way over her head and struggling to deal with everything. Jess was fantastic in her scenes today, especially the one where she was breaking it off with Angelo. Todd must have given her a hug after that one :lol:

I think Jess is a good contender for a silver logie, she has been brilliant all year. She's got my vote :D

Edited by adelle

I love the character of Belle and she is one of my all time favourite characters.

I instantly liked her when she made her debut in H&A and as time has gone on, she has become my favourite character

Jessica Tovey is a fantastic actress, and as bailey4 said, I could not see anyone playing the character as well as Jess could :)

Oh Belle, Belle....what a deceitful web we weave.

The continued lying today really did her no favours. Why didn't she just come clean!!

I don't condone cheating, but my biggest gripe with Belle's cheating is that she outright admitted she was stringing Angelo along only because he could help her with the development investigation. This was a really low blow for the character of Belle if you ask me.

It was shown (pretty convincingly I believe), that Belle did grow to have some genuine feelings for Angelo & although they were dwarfed by her feelings for Aden, I wouldn't have had as much problem with it if they had continued with her just waiting for the right time to tell Angelo because she genuinely cared for the guy & was trying (albeit misguidedly) not to hurt him.

Her admitting that it was just for getting Angelo to help with her investigations is extremely callous, and I have to say has ruined Belle a little bit for me.

I used to really enjoy Belle’s character about a year and half to two years ago. She was your typical run of the spoilt brat; everything’s about me type character. I thoroughly enjoyed her relationship with Amanda and the episodes that it produced. One day they were arch enemies (who could forget the episode when she let herself into her house and poured the stale milk over her $15000 rug) and then they became very close and bonded as mother and daughter. Now that Belle’s grown up and is not as selfish or bratty anymore, I don’t find her character anywhere near as entertaining although I still quite like her. I did like the stuff with Aden but am definitely not a hardcore fan. So for now I think she’s ok - Nothing more, nothing less.

The break up scene with Angelo was fine until Belle started to cry. Sorry, but to me, it felt like she was making herself out to be the victim. Like we should feel sorry for her too because she was in that situation. Normally I would, cos heck, breaking up with someone is never easy but after all that she's done to Angelo, nuh, no way, you made it this worse, suck it up.

Gee, I'm really disliking her right now lol.

Jess T was fantastic last night, all week actually but last night especially. That scene where she is giving her statement and Angelo comes in and she's absolutely terrified of him was outstanding. Also the scene where Aden brings in the jug of water and she breaks down saying she doesn't want to be alone, was great too. You could really see how fragile she is at the moment.

The Irene?Belle scene was great too, I hope we get more of those.