Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

Also she never slept with Drew when she was seeing Lucas, they kissed on the beach once

I'm glad someone said this. I find everyone comparing this Aden/Angelo situation to Drew/Lucas completely ridiculous (the cheating part anyway). The only thing that is the same is that she stayed with her current boyfriend all the while pining for her ex. With Drew she just admitted her feelings but she specifically told him that nothing can happen between them before she ended it with Lucas. That kiss on the beach, Drew was the one who kissed her she immediately stopped it. Yeah she should have told Lucas the same day but she just chickenned out, but she still was going to tell him. The only mistake she made was comfirming how she felt to Drew while still with Lucas. And I don't see how that makes her a terrible person.

As for her sleeping with men to get want she wants. That statement implies that shes willing to sleep with anyone to get what she wants. Shes never done. Yeah she tried to hold on to Ric by seducing him but she was young and thought thats the only way to make someone like her(I'm guessing that Nicole was alot like that). She also slept with Lucas and Angelo for the wrong reasons. But she didn't do that because she was vindictive she thought being with them would help her get over Drew and Aden, misguided but not a terrible person(Martha used I've lost count of how many men to take her mind of Jack and other stuff as well). As for using sex to keep Angelo. When was this. From the time she made that comment about having to stay with Angelo because hes a cop it's been one drama after another. They even showed her pushing him away when he tried to just be there for her. So I highly doubt she was sleeping with him. Yes she treated him horribly and stayed in a relationship with him when she clearly wanted Aden but to say she had to use sex to keep him is ridiculous. Angelo had strong feelings(although they couldn't have been as strong as he made out to be if he seems completely over Belle and has moved on to Charlie that quickly) for her and wanted to stay with her even if she pushed him away and basically ignored him(those weren't good things but I did point out she treated him horribly) so I highly doubt with all that, that she'd even need to have sex with him to make him stay with her.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I love Belle and yes she has made some terrible miustakes but she's only human and people in the real world do that every day. And I dont mean to bring it up but I agree about Martha going and sleeping with (how many guys was it?) Ash, Cam, Jonah/Michael and whoever else I was missing, of that guy that cracked onto her while she was drunk only to have I think it was Cam save the day and start using her <_<

Now that is using people for sex in my opinion. Yes Belle did the wrong thing sleeping with Lucas and I dont condone that at all but she made a mistake and I too never once saw the signs that she was using Angelo for sex to get what she wanted (aka the development site) and I too saw her trying to push him away. In my eyes Belle is only human and the writers have done a fantastic job of keeping her as the only person on that show with the same personality as when she first arrived.

As I said people make those mistakes everyday and some people do use sex to their advantage to get what they want but Belle, I dont believe she does!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to go and imply Martha's a s*** then you can Belle that as well. I'm so sick of people condemning one character for something and then justifying it for their favourite. The point wasn't how many guys Belle has been with nor is it relevant to compare her number to some other characters. The point was that she used Angelo and Luc and sex was used in those relationships to get what she wanted. It doesn't make her a bad person, she made mistakes. I still think she's a great character. Bttb-rox said it perfectly.

Edited by Jamey-Maria

Martha used I've lost count of how many men to take her mind of Jack and other stuff as well

Jamey-Maria I hope I haven't upset you with this comment. I wasn't calling Martha a slut. Infact I was comparing that part of her personality to Belle. Kinda like how I made the comparison to Nicole. My point was that most characters(I just picked Nicole/Martha because they each suited the situation I was talking about) have moments where they do something unlikeable and hurt someone but it doesn't mean their a bad person. I personally dislike both Martha and Nicole but I don't think they are bad people for doing the things I pointed out.

As for Martha being a slut. I don't believe Martha or Belle is a slut. Yes they've both slept with a couple of men but each time they've been in a relationship with them. And thats not the definition of a slut to me.

Edited by Jody

If you're going to go and imply Martha's a s*** then you can Belle that as well. I'm so sick of people condemning one character for something and then justifying it for their favourite. The point wasn't how many guys Belle has been with nor is it relevant to compare her number to some other characters. The point was that she used Angelo and Luc and sex was used in those relationships to get what she wanted. It doesn't make her a bad person, she made mistakes. I still think she's a great character. Bttb-rox said it perfectly.

I wasn't implying that Martha was a s*** and Im sorry if it came out that way. I was just pointing out that Belle was not and is not the only person who presummably does that. As I said in my previous post, I dont condemn what Belle did, it was wrong but everyone is acting like it never happens when in fact it happens every day.

And I dont see people going around and giving Martha a hard time for sleeping with so and so just to forget about Jack because he had moved on with his life, no. And once again I'm not attacking Martha I'm just poiting out that no one made a big deal about that but when it comes to Belle and her boyfriends she gets attacked, why. She moved on with Angelo because Aden told her he didn't care and wanted nothing more to do with her and if I was her I would have moved on too, not as quickly as she but I wouldn't have sat around pining for something that may or may not have happened again. And that first time she did sleep with Angelo she really thought she was moving on.

With Lucas she did do the wrong thing, sleeping with him just because she thought Drew and Lisa had slept together and poor Lucas was jsut a pawn in the middle, thinking that his relationship was moving forward with Belle and I dont condone that at all but everyone makes mistakes, Belle, Martha, it doesn't matter who.

Everyone makes mistakes!

I dont see people going around and giving Martha a hard time for sleeping with so and so just to forget about Jack because he had moved on with his life, no.

They did, lol. There were quite a few threads on it as well. That's probably why I still have myself in defense mode. Sorry if I jumped the gun a bit, I didn't mean to get my back up I think I'm too used to it.

I understand both above points completely :) And it has help developed Belle into a more fallable character, Sure I wasn't happy about the whole development with Angelo but it gave her a much more rounded personality. Her heart was in the right place even if the way she went about it was completely wrong. She's back to being one of my favourite characters- definitley down to the way Jess plays her.

Edited by Jamey-Maria

I dont see people going around and giving Martha a hard time for sleeping with so and so just to forget about Jack because he had moved on with his life, no.

They did, lol. There were quite a few threads on it as well. That's probably why I still have myself in defense mode. Sorry if I jumped the gun a bit, I didn't mean to get my back up I think I'm too used to it.

I understand both above points completely :)And it has help developed Belle into a more fallable character, Sure I wasn't happy about the whole development with Angelo but it gave her a much more rounded personality. Her heart was in the right place even if the way she went about it was completely wrong. She's back to being one of my favourite characters- definitley down to the way Jess plays her.

I completely agree with you there and I think that also implies with Martha. They are both amazing characters plyed by amazing actresses and I think that is what makes them so believable, because they act out every day issues so well.

And dont worry about being in a defense mode, I too get like that so there is no need to apologise :)

I think at the end of the day we can all agree (well some) that Belle's character on the show has probably garnered as much discussions about issues than any other character (correct me if im wrong :D ). And i hope we can all agree that Jess' acting has been absoloutely superb this year! and watching her development has been a joy to watch for me personally...im suprised to say but its not only her character that has impressed me the most. Martha's character is fast becoming one of my favs and for a long time (like a very long time) i was not keen on her at all, i think her cancer story has been a blessing in disguise and i hope that we see sooooo much more development from these two beautiful ladies in coming years! :)

Edited by bailey4

I have to say Belle is my favourite, becaus she's different, she stands out, she never gives up. I love her style, I relate to her. She's a sweet caring person who wants the best for everyone. And shen she knows something is up, she will find out. I like that. I mean if some people got some sick plan going on Belle will know that and screw it up for them. That's how I see it. She's just so great and so beautiful! :wink:

Belle is my favourite characters, out of the female cast, i have allways liked the character of Belle, when she first came to the bay looking for Amanda, and this year has been a good, year with the developers storyline, its been good to watch, and Jessica Tovey plays her well. Looking forward to seeing what happens with her character in 2009 :D

I dont know whether I love Belle or Hate her :lol:

What i do know is I cant stand her being with Aden and preferred her so much more with Drew and Lucas. Aden treated her like dirt a lot of times this year and doesnt deserve her in my opinion !!.

Oh I can feel the Adelle backlash coming on :P