Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

I think Belle felt gulity about cheating on Angelo but was too afraid to break up with Angelo I dont think it was because she was gutless but she felt like she didnt have a good encough reason to break up with him. At first Belle didnt want to cheat and refused but gave in. If Belle was to break up with Angelo after he was bashed and ended up in hosptial how would Belle tell him, a guy who has been so sweet to her. I want to break up with you, I want to be with Aden, the guy who kidnapped me and tried to kill his father and then ended up in a pysho clinic. How do you explain that to someone without hurting them lol...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww ... Belle! :( The simple action of crawling onto her bed in the foetal position said so much more than any longwinded conversation could have (So I'll keep this comment short too). Belle is completely traumatised. I have no idea how this is all going to work itself out.

^^(Jen's post) I haven't seen today's episode yet, but after watching last night, you could really feel that Belle was comepletely traumatised from the beating, understandably so. I said in the Aus Ep Discussion thread that I really hope they go further with this storyline. As so far nothing has come of that cut, maybe this is the chance for a more Belle based storyline (rather than realtionship based). Earlier this year, she was already questioning who she was, with the departure of all her friends from the bay. It was as though she had lost her identity, only for Irene to push her back towards her passion. This actually led her to Murray and the whole development site stuff, and even though she has really helped the town, it hasn't really eneded well for her individually.

Maybe now they can build on the already lingering thoughts she has about losing her identity. Already you can see that some of the fiestiness, attitude and fighter spirit has gone. The cheating and humiliation coupled with the attack could be the start of Belle starting to lose her confidence and become very withdrawn. I think it would be a good angle to take this storyline in.

Edited by Anaya

• 2 weeks later...

The PTSD sufferer (Belle) may be constantly scanning their surroundings for possible threats, e.g. someone who has been in a major car accident may become a back seat driver. Someone who has been physically assaulted may always sit with their back to a wall so noone can sneak up behind them.

It's funny I've been on a couple of websites like people who have suffered abuse and one of the stories i read was very similar to Aden's storyline, I cant remember what aspect was the same but yeah. and above with the PTSD Belle was involved in a car accident and physically assulted on the website these were their two examples they used when they were explaining causes and symptoms etc. Any the point is it seems home and away has researched issues and used scarienos off the internet even in the newspaper once i read a story i think it was about a storm drain pipe or something and their story was very close to what home and away potrayed anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

Belle is quite possibly my favourite of the younger characters. She's strong, passionate, caring and protective - often qualities that actually come back to hurt her in the end.

Behind Tony and Rachel, Aden and Belle are my favourite couple. I find their unpredicatibly very interesting and exciting to watch, as I'm never quite sure what's going to happen. However, I do agree with those of you who have said that their relationship is too tumultuous at times. It's inenivitable that a couple are going to fight, but I feel the writers go slightly overboard on occasion to make them seem more 'hot' and exciting to fans, when I get the impression that some viewers would rather see them in a calmer and less explosive relationship. All of that aside and I think they're a great match :D.

As for Belle and how she's grown as an individual over her three years on the show, I think she's remained consistent from day one. She's still got that fiesty and spunky attitude that she arrived with but has also matured and gained more respect for others. On the subject of treating people, though - I didn't agree with the way she went about handling the Drew and Lucas and Aden and Angelo situations. They were not her finest moments by any means and I can't say I was too thrilled with either of them, but on the whole I believe she is a kind-hearted girl. I just think she's handled some situations badly and has the tendancy to sometimes let her heart rule her head, which leads to a lot of pain and heartache for everyone involved.

It's exciting to look back on her first episodes to see how she's grown and changed in one sense but stayed the same in another. If there's one thing I dislike about television characters, it's when their 'direction' and personality changes at the drop of a hat. I'm happy to say that with Belle, however, I don't believe that's been the case at all. (I also love that her passion for photography hasn't dwindled since her arrivial!)

And lastly I have to applaud Jess Tovey. What an incredible actress she is. It's obvious that she puts her all into every scene she's in, especially those with the equally amazing Todd Lasance. I just hope she, and Todd, decide to stay around for a very long time! :D