Belle Taylor - Jessica Tovey

Foxy

Belles my all time favourite character on the show. I used to watch this show only from time to time but the moment her character showed up I was hooked again.

I do get frustrated with her at times when it feels like shes making the same mistakes over and over again or the way she goes about doing certain things. She has alot of flaws and it's what makes her interesting. I liked that unlike alot of characters, after being bad for a couple of months, she didn't get accepted quickly. It took her along time before everyone was willing to except her and even then noone had a problem calling her out on stuff if they didn't agree with it.

In the beginning with Ric I have never believed that Belle had those strong feelings for him as she thought. From what we heard about her past she really didn't have anyone care about her so to me it seemed that she latched onto Ric because he used to go out of his way to help her and cared for her. She probably didn't want to loose that. Melodys obssession with Geoff reminds me about how Belle was with Ric. She never cared about Cassies feelings when going after him and after that stuff in the bush instead of believing that Ric went back to Cassie she covinced herself that Cassie stole Ric from her. All the stuff she did to try and get him back was really mean but never have I thought she was a bad person for it just someone who wanted to hold on to probably the first person to care for her. I am probably over thinking it but thats how it always seemed to me.

I loved her relationship with Amanda(before they found out and after). I love how at first she didn't really care for having Amanda has a mother then warmed to her only to be betrayed by her. Then to see them build there relationship again. It was good that it wasn't just her not caring then one big event(getting lost in the bush) and everything between then was perfect till Amanda left. Their relationship was never simple(but considering the kind of personalities both had it would have unrealistic if it was) and it was the long road to get to where they were when Amanda left which made the way they ended up even more better. I truly despised the Kelli storyline but the thing that made it bearable was all the Belle/Amanda scenes I got from it. I hope Amanda comes back at some point. I miss those scenes between the two of them.

Belle and Drew. I liked them at first mainly because Belle was finally moving on from Ric and Drew made her happy for a while. But any liking I had for this pairing was gone quickly. Throughout their relationship I found Drew to be too selfish and seemed to care more about his own interests then her. He never seems to take any responsibilty for anything that happenned in their relationship and it was always up to Belle to apologise. She may have loved him and there were moments when they were smiling but overall it always looked like she was miserable with him for most of the time. The only time I found myself enjoying a scene between them since the beginning was the final breakup. But then again it more about the good acting then anything.

Loved her friendship with Lucas. She was always so impulsive and he was so much more laid back (although after they broke up he certainly wasn't that way anymore)that it was fun to see them hanging out together. As for the relationship they may not have had tons of chemistry but I did enjoy it. Before Belle decided she still loved Drew Lucas seemed to make her alot more happy than Drew did. She seemed more carefree with Lucas. Too bad she had to go start pining after Drew again.

As for Belles job at the paper. While I loved that she quit eventually I love that she stuck it out for while and tried to make it work. She doesn't quit easily(thats Drews thing). You have to think about it this way, straight out of highscool shes given her dream job(something most people can only dream of) and it ends up being not what she expected. And shes finding herself having to write things about the people in her life that she cares about. And it's not like she never tried to say anything about it. Shes only 19 do you blame her for wanting to believe that maybe if she just stick it out long enough that maybe things will get better.

Aden and Belle. I haven't enjoyed a relationship on the show as much as this one for a long time. Todd and Jess work so well together and their scenes together are always a pleasure to watch. Getting involved with Aden has also provided Belle with a alot of scenes that has allowed Jess Tovey to prove what an amazing actress she is. I hope to see more from this two in the future.

I'm glad towards end of this year she has been given a storyline of her own. It's been a while. The PTSD storyline is my favourite at the moment. Jess as been even more amazing then usual lately. I love how for once they are finally having someone not, when a character goes through something traumatic, get over it easily.

Looking forward to more of Belle next year. I know Belle has been getting a lot of screentime in the last few months but considering how times there were months in the past when I would wonder if the writers forgot she was on the show I am glad shes in the spotlight.

Edited by enjoy the ride

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belle is quite possibly my favourite of the younger characters. She's strong, passionate, caring and protective - often qualities that actually come back to hurt her in the end.

Behind Tony and Rachel, Aden and Belle are my favourite couple. I find their unpredicatibly very interesting and exciting to watch, as I'm never quite sure what's going to happen. However, I do agree with those of you who have said that their relationship is too tumultuous at times. It's inenivitable that a couple are going to fight, but I feel the writers go slightly overboard on occasion to make them seem more 'hot' and exciting to fans, when I get the impression that some viewers would rather see them in a calmer and less explosive relationship. All of that aside and I think they're a great match :D.

Belle is also my favorite character. i agree with you dear that " Belle is strong, passionate, caring and protective.

Aden and Belle are also my favorite. They are really a great match. :rolleyes:

My dear grumble bum if you had been watching closely you would see that the present Belle doesnt think relationships are just about Sex. When Aden tried to sleep with her and he couldn't he said.... "What do you want me for I'm useless" and then she said "Is that seriously what you think it's all about" But previously she might have used sex to get want she wanted.

Anyway... I wonder what will happen to Belle now cuz she has been through alot and maybe she go off the rails...??

The only thing Belle is guilty of is stringing Angelo along when she knew full well that she still had feelings for Aden. But if Aden had not done what he did she would have not been in that situation...so if anyones to blame its Aden!!...Belle is a fantastic character, and i don't understand how shes portrayed as this person who uses sex to get what she wants!! I don't think so. Maybe her staying with Angelo gives that impression but we didn't see her trying to sleep with him every second chance she got, in fact she was the one that tried to avoid him a lot when he tried to get closer to her, that to me doesn't sound like she was using him AT ALL for sex...

...in saying that Belle is a wicked character who from day one has been able to still posess her bad ass feisty attitude, the fact that she hasn't changed says a lot about who she is as a person. No other character on this show is as interesting as her not even close!!

I didn't say she used Angelo for sex. I said that she uses sex to get what she wants. She wanted Angelo on her good side purely for his police connections and that meant sleeping with him to keep him.

I fail to see how it's all Aden's fault. Everyone had a part in it, Angelo just didn't want to see that Belle didn't want him, Aden couldn't keep out of it, but Belle is the worst of them all. She knew exactly what she was doing because she had done exactly the same thing to Lucas last year.

After everything she's done, I can't feel sympathetic for Belle. She brought it on herself.

I'm not getting why people are saying Belle sleeps around to get what she wants??? We dont know that she slept with Angelo after he was in hospital and she was with Aden!!

Also she never slept with Drew when she was seeing Lucas, they kissed on the beach once and Lisa took a picture of it and showed it to the rest of the class, and no i dont condone sleeping or kissing other people when your dating someone at all, but i dont see why thats a reason not to feel sorry for her after everything she's been though lately <_<

Just because she's made some mistakes doesn't mean she deserves to be beaten up and driven off the road and what happened at the formal!.

Thats just my opinion

I didn't say she used Angelo for sex. I said that she uses sex to get what she wants. She wanted Angelo on her good side purely for his police connections and that meant sleeping with him to keep him.

I fail to see how it's all Aden's fault. Everyone had a part in it, Angelo just didn't want to see that Belle didn't want him, Aden couldn't keep out of it, but Belle is the worst of them all. She knew exactly what she was doing because she had done exactly the same thing to Lucas last year.

After everything she's done, I can't feel sympathetic for Belle. She brought it on herself.

I don't understand who you mean by when you say she sleeps around! Do you mean Lucas, who she slept with ONCE 2 or 3 years ago? She slept with Angelo after Aden made it out as if he didn't want her, so in her mind things had already been broken between them...Yet when Aden FINALLY admitted to loving her thats when she got confused...it didn't show anything on Belle still sleeping with Angelo during the investigation and after Aden admitted his feelings to her. Yes she stayed with him but that doesn't mean she was still having sex with him! So if anything she was using him for his police connections but there was no way that she was using him for sex, it would have been mentioned or we would have seen it otherwise and it wasn't!!!

Aden and Belle are both at fault. Him because he pursued her knowing that she was involved with Angelo and i think his exact words were, "I don't care," after she said shes with Angelo now...and her because she gave into temptation, so i don't see how this is ALL her fault!!...

Also she never slept with Drew when she was seeing Lucas, they kissed on the beach once

I'm glad someone said this. I find everyone comparing this Aden/Angelo situation to Drew/Lucas completely ridiculous (the cheating part anyway). The only thing that is the same is that she stayed with her current boyfriend all the while pining for her ex. With Drew she just admitted her feelings but she specifically told him that nothing can happen between them before she ended it with Lucas. That kiss on the beach, Drew was the one who kissed her she immediately stopped it. Yeah she should have told Lucas the same day but she just chickenned out, but she still was going to tell him. The only mistake she made was comfirming how she felt to Drew while still with Lucas. And I don't see how that makes her a terrible person.

As for her sleeping with men to get want she wants. That statement implies that shes willing to sleep with anyone to get what she wants. Shes never done. Yeah she tried to hold on to Ric by seducing him but she was young and thought thats the only way to make someone like her(I'm guessing that Nicole was alot like that). She also slept with Lucas and Angelo for the wrong reasons. But she didn't do that because she was vindictive she thought being with them would help her get over Drew and Aden, misguided but not a terrible person(Martha used I've lost count of how many men to take her mind of Jack and other stuff as well). As for using sex to keep Angelo. When was this. From the time she made that comment about having to stay with Angelo because hes a cop it's been one drama after another. They even showed her pushing him away when he tried to just be there for her. So I highly doubt she was sleeping with him. Yes she treated him horribly and stayed in a relationship with him when she clearly wanted Aden but to say she had to use sex to keep him is ridiculous. Angelo had strong feelings(although they couldn't have been as strong as he made out to be if he seems completely over Belle and has moved on to Charlie that quickly) for her and wanted to stay with her even if she pushed him away and basically ignored him(those weren't good things but I did point out she treated him horribly) so I highly doubt with all that, that she'd even need to have sex with him to make him stay with her.