Rachel/Tony

Cal

I saw that before actually, its the only video I have seen them in together. Apart from that I have only seen them together in like two pictures. Actually, I think one of the mod's on here has a picture of them together?? Am I right??

Also, on the 7 website on Amy's profile it says she loves working with Jon. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt so incredibly sad for Rachel today. She basically said she'd be willing to let him have an affair if that's his way of coping with his grief. And she thinks he's rejecting her because she's pregnant. :( It's horrible seeing the look in her face everytime he shrugs off her advances at affection.

But then he seemed happy and willing when she suggested they spend time together 'snuggling' at the weekend. We saw a smile on his face again and he looked genuinly pleased when he didn't go to work so he could stay with her.

I feel so sorry for them both right now.

Another implication Rachel made was that she didn't want to and/or couldn't bring up the baby alone, so was willing to let Tony have an affair if it meant he could deal with his grief and still stay with her. It reeks of desperation, and resembled the Kim situation where she was so desperate to have a baby with him and cling to him even when she knew deep down she was losing him.

I like Rachel when she's a strong, independent, supportive and free-thinking woman, not when the whole baby thing rules her life and she becomes a blithering mess who can't think logically.

She is not losing Tony. The past couple of episodes we've seen him try and connect with her - and we've seen him smile around her (touching the bump and when she suggested they spend time together.) He's not deliberately shutting her out or pushing her away. And you can tell he is desperately trying not to hurt her.

The situation is totally different as it was with Kim. Tony has just lost his son and is going through something unimaginable to anyone, even to her. All Rachel is trying to do is to help him in any way she can. Being 4 months pregnant does enough to your hormones without the added pressure of watching your finacee lose his son and sink into depression.

Maybe saying she could forgive the affair is a little bit desperate but also shows how much she loves him. It's not an easy situation for her. As i said, he's lost his child and that needs to be taken into consideration.

I agree that the situation with Tony is completely different to Kim. Tony clearly does still love Rachel, and I apologize for implying otherwise. I guess I am just frustrated to see Rachel like this when I know she is and can be such a strong independent woman who is her own person.....not someone who defines herself by just being a mother and wife. I feel that this aspect of her identity is compromising her sense of logic - being able to excuse as affair because she needs Tony for the baby. An affair in any relationship must have extremely extenuating circumstances to be excused. Anyway, I'm sure there is no affair and that Tony and Rachel will sort things out.

I agree Charlene :wink: It was a pretty intense argument. I have to say despite knowing Tony's grieving I have felt a lot more sympathy for Rachel these past few episodes but today I felt just awful for both of them. Tony because being accused of cheating when you're not and you're actually working on a project to honour your dead son is just so hurtful (although I completely understand why Rachel thought he was cheating - I'm sure I would have reacted the same way as her) and I felt bad for Rachel because she must feel so awful and guilty now knowing the truth behind his night time outings even though it really did look like he was cheating.

I've seen comments where people have said that she obviously hasn't forgiven him for the Bridget incident because she brought it up today but I disagree. She has forgiven him (and she did rather quickly) but she hasn't forgotten and if a situation looks like it's happening all over again, like it did today with Belinda, she would have brought it up, anyone would have. Even Martha did.

It was lovely to see them back on the same path again with each other and seeing Rachel apologising to him. I have loved Martha's involvement with the whole thing and was pleased she told him how Rachel was willing to forgive him for an affair because that's how much she loves him. The hug was :wub:

On a really shallow note, I loved Rachel's top today and hope more of her pregnancy clothes are like that. They need to show off the bump not hide it under baggy tops.