Rachel/Tony

Cal

I have to say that Rachel is not trying to help she is trying to be a doctor or whatever she is! she needs to leave Tony to deal with his grief instead of interfering and as always thinking she knows best. As I know grief does funny things to people and sometimes it is just best to be left alone at the start after all it has not been long and Rachel seems to forget this! Tony needs help not being pushed into things he does not want to do. She seems to be thinking to much about herself! poor Tony I really feel for him xx :(

Very well said. People deal with grief differently. Rachel is too close. She should recommend counseling. It is hard when a child dies. What upsets me the most is when people say that i under stand what you are going through. How can they under stand when they have never lost a child. You blame your self. You want answers that know one can give you. Talking to counselors who have been through it really helps. A death of a child can tear you apart . Having a partner to help also helps. Tony needs Lucas with him at the moment. His other son to help lessen the pain.

I don't get why everyone is suggesting councilling , he isnt ready to talk or deal with things with anyone!!!! He isnt speaking about what hes feeling so what good is a councillor doing to do? He needs the support of the people around him more than anything and like he said it means the world to him that Rachel is there for him :P

Yeah, but he might find it easier to open up to a stranger rather than someone he loves. I think it makes more sense than him cheating...Again.

Edited by IrishGirl06

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now i don't think a councilor would help Tony. He's not talking to anyone, or showing any signs or wanting too. Rachel is doing the best she can. There's no right or wrong way to treat someone dealing with grief. Everyone handles it differently, and right now it's very hard for Rach to know what to do as Tony is not giving her anything. Of course she is going to be worried about him - she loves the guy. It's natural for us to try and help those we love, and for most of us the idea of leaving them alone to deal with it is too much.

Tony seeing a councillor? I never knew that Tony had political aspirations. Alf must be a good influence on Tony if he's encouraging him to run for council. :P

The reason why Tony might not want to talk to Rachel or anyone who knows him is that they all knew Jack. Tony might want to talk to someone who can be objective and who didn't know Jack personally or professionally. Tony definitely isn't in the right frame of mind to talk to anyone about his inner most thoughts yet maybe because he's still trying to figure them out for himself. The only coping mechanism that Tony knows at this point in time is to shut people out. In time he might seek guidance from a counsellor, support group or talk to someone who wasn't close to Jack.

Tony seeing a councillor? I never knew that Tony had political aspirations. Alf must be a good influence on Tony if he's encouraging him to run for council.

:lol::lol::lol: Come to think of it Tony would be a good councillor for Summer Bay :P

In all seriousness though, you're right. You can't get someone help unless they admit they want/need it. And right now Tony is in no fit state to talk to someone professional. It's so sad for him. You can see how he doesn't want to hurt Rachel but he just doesn't know what to do to make him feel better :(

With the ultrasound my heart went out to Rachel because she did say on several occasions that if he wasnt comfortable then she would understand but Tony reassured her and said he would be there, when he didnt turn up and she questioned she wasnt very tactful but I dont believe she did it maliciously at all. Thats just how I feel.

I feel just as sorry for the both of them at the moment - neither of them are in the wrong as to their reactions - this is a tough time for them and I'm thinking if they can get through this together then that is it - they're together forever - nothing could come close to being this bad surely?

I think they're both deserve some sympathy at this point. Obviously for Tony it's awful - he's lost his son and he'll never get over that - but i think he needs to realise that Rachel is part of his life now and he can't keep treating her the way he is or he's going to lose her as well.

She's pregnant and vunrable right now and you can see the hurt/worry in her face everytime he walks away from her. I understand that he can't talk to her, but he needs to let her in and explain, even if it is the fact that he wants to be alone right now. All Rachel wants is to help and i think a lot of the time she's just putting on a brave face to try and be positive.

Maybe pram shopping was not the best idea, but nor is leaving him alone to get even more depressed and distant.