Rachel/Tony

Cal

^ I agree. My mother cnat believe that Tony is Jacks father, he looks like an older brother!

12 or 13 years isin't that bad at all. And to be honest either was the 7 or 8 years between Rachel and Kim, I dont know why that was a huge deal. I mean I know he WAS her patient, but I just never understood why it was so huge.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Rachel & Kim I guess the biggest deal was the fact that Kim was meant to be a teenager (even though he clearly didn't look like one) and Rachel an adult whereas with Rachel & Tony a big deal wasn't made out of it because 1. the man is older and I agree with Kirsty that it's not an issue particularly when the guy is older and 2. they're both adults in the same sort of maturity age. I never thought Rachel & Kim were a controversial relationship mainly because it was difficult to believe Kim was meant to be a teenager when Chris clearly was a few years past that :lol: Now if it had been Rachel & Aden for example....

Thanks for making that clearer Karen - I have always wondered how old Rachel & Tony were meant to be. I can't see any issues that could come up from their age difference now, they both seem to want the same things in life. With Rachel & Kim however, Rachel was ready to start a family whereas Kim wanted his 20s first....that was where the age difference caused a problem with them.

Tony must have been a teenager when he had Jack, I was quite surprised when it was mentioned around Tony's high school reunion that he was meant to have been a bit of a loser at school. He managed to have a high school sweetheart and have 2 children with her so he can't have been that much of a loser :lol:

I remember in the episode where Rachel and Kim first realise that they have different ideas about babies and they're arguing Rachel said, 'I'm not rushing, I'm 28' which was about two years ago, so 30 sounds about right for her.

I think it's clear from Rachel's two most recent serious relationships that age is of absolutely no matter to her! And charmed60, I agree. When Rachel first said, 'He's nineteen for goodness sakes' I was completely floored. He totally didn't look it and as such, made it difficult to imagine that there was such a difference. In real life I think Chris and Amy were only about two years apart.

Yep, he's 26 in real life and she's 29 so only 3 years difference, that's why I used to always forget he was only meant to be 19 and therefore never found their relationship to be weird. :lol: And lke you say rachel&kim, age is absolutely nothing to her so I don't think, if Tony & Rachel ever were to break up, that it would be through age difference problems.

I think it's clear from Rachel's two most recent serious relationships that age is of absolutely no matter to her!

So true! She went from one extreme to the next! Actually come to think of it, so did Tony. Wasn't Beth a good 10 years or so older than him? I think he was a little concerned at first she was too young for him though.

I loved Kim and Rachel. Loved loved loved and was devastated when Kit showed her face and ruined it. I found it absurd we were supposed to believe he was 19. I don't really think it was as bad as some people made out, it wasn't like he was still at school or anything, and he was legal :P And 28 is not that old to date someone that much younger....saying that i'm 25 and there's no way i'd date a 19 year old! (although if he looked like Kim...hmm :lol: )

I think if their age difference was going to be an issue it would have been by now. It's not unusual for men in their early 40's to have kids and him and Rachel seem to have a lot more common ground than her and Kim did. And if Tony ever has a mid life crisis he won't need to go looking for a younger women cos he'll be married to one :lol:

On a separate note i love the Tachel scenes we've had these past few weeks. It was so well done and although i was a bit disappinted at the ending (they should have been the focus on the boat) they both did a brilliant job and i really liked seeing a different side to Rachel, where for once she was not being all strong and in control of everything. And it proved i think just how much they really do love each other. Tony did try not to hurt her, and she i think was just so overwhelmed with everything at the end she took it all out on Belinda, but given the cirumstances i don't think we can blame her.

Edited by KirstyEkua

Bhahaaaaaa Rachel and Tony also known as "Tachel" didnt make the best couples gallery on the offical website. HAHAHAA!

I dont like this couple because there is a lack of communication, they're always keeping secrets from each other, they dont confide in each other when they have problems. I dont know what it is about this couple, maybe its the fact i dont like tony. I dont know. But when it comes to watching rachel in relationships it really turns me off. I only like watching her as a doctor.

^ Thank you for that. Personally the only time I can think of that they kept secrets is the recent storyline with Tony going into a world of his own but I think that's understandable seeing as his son had just died. Belle's not exactly being a bucket of truthfullness at the minute is she? Anywa that's for another thread. And the gallery did say it was a selection of great couples (all teens except Sally & Flynn) and that we had to vote for our favourite...they still might not make it but never mind, we still love em!

Xavier and Ruby made it as a great couple :huh: What is the world coming too?

I think the fact that Tony and Rachel's relationship has pretty much been drama free means that a lot people find it boring. Even after the whole kidnapping/wedding/Bridget saga they didn't really fight. They started dating, fell in love, got engaged, got pregnant....it's pretty much run of the mill and i think that's why they're ignored when it comes to polls like that.

And Lily G, with all respect, you can't talk about a lack of communication with Tachel when you're an Adelle fan. Pot call kettle black? :rolleyes:

Laura's right, the only time they haven't confinded in each other was with the most recent storyline, and given that Jack had just died, i think it's understandable.

Bhahaaaaaa Rachel and Tony also known as "Tachel" didnt make the best couples gallery on the offical website. HAHAHAA!

I dont like this couple because there is a lack of communication, they're always keeping secrets from each other, they dont confide in each other when they have problems. I dont know what it is about this couple, maybe its the fact i dont like tony. I dont know. But when it comes to watching rachel in relationships it really turns me off. I only like watching her as a doctor.

Lily you just done that so we would bite back childish much? Adelle cant be in every episode you know how many times you post in australian discussion "no adelle?" :blink: obviousy you're just jealous that Tachel have had more screen time than Adelle lately who are the most boing couple on the show , one is a drug addict and the other is a tool can't see much love there now can we? Adelle have the worst communication on the planet .. he hides secrets from her , shes sneeking around taking drugs and not giving a damn about Aden , i sense a break up coming when Aden finds out and tbh i cant wait to see the day! they will never last :P unlike Tachel who are all set to get married and have a baby!

Back to Tachel yeah maybe they didnt make the best couples but who cares? we have saw it moved on and dont feel the need to come into Adelle appreciation and say Oh haha Adelle wasnt in todays episode haha!! And at least Tony didnt lock Rachel up and let her watch while he tries to kill his father , and then when tonys away rachel doesn't go sleep with randoms and get back with tony after her funs done.

Tachel have great chemistry or else the writers wouldn't have them together or getting married or even having a baby and people obviously like them hence why they are still together and have a huge fan base behind them , might not be as big as adelle but still big :P

Rant over ..

Edited by CHARL3N3x