Rachel/Tony

Cal

I actually like this current storyline much more than I thought I would. It's heartbreaking to see the downward spiral Tony's been on and I'm looking forward to finding out who Belinda is. It's also good to see a vunerable side to Rachel and when I thought I'd hate her for accusing Tony of cheating I actually feel really sorry for her. Obviously that's not to say I don't understand Tony's P.O.V because I do but when he's clearly lying to her it's difficult to empathise with him.

There have been lovely little touches though throughout the last 2 episodes such as the gradual improvement and coherency in Tony (he's started to become more full of life and the way his face lit up when Rachel told him the baby has kicked for the first time was lovely) it's been so well acted by Jon and he deserves a lot more credit as an actor than I ever gave him. Whatever he's sneaking out to it's obviously helping him.

It's heartbreaking to watch Tony keep pushing Rachel away and rejecting her when she touches him. Being pregnant is enough to make her feel insecure anyway but to have him lying to her and sneaking out behind her back must be so nerve-racking for her and it's sad that she's pretty much had to go through the first 4 months of this pregnancy on her own. It's nice however that Martha's been there for her, returning the favour for all the support through her cancer. I liked the way Rachel took Tony some dinner to work even though she thought he was cheating on her, I guess it was her way of trying to hold on to him and that scene where he feels the baby kick and has this huge smile on his face was just :wub:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like this current storyline much more than I thought I would. It's heartbreaking to see the downward spiral Tony's been on and I'm looking forward to finding out who Belinda is. It's also good to see a vunerable side to Rachel and when I thought I'd hate her for accusing Tony of cheating I actually feel really sorry for her. Obviously that's not to say I don't understand Tony's P.O.V because I do but when he's clearly lying to her it's difficult to empathise with him.

There have been lovely little touches though throughout the last 2 episodes such as the gradual improvement and coherency in Tony (he's started to become more full of life and the way his face lit up when Rachel told him the baby has kicked for the first time was lovely) it's been so well acted by Jon and he deserves a lot more credit as an actor than I ever gave him. Whatever he's sneaking out to it's obviously helping him.

It's heartbreaking to watch Tony keep pushing Rachel away and rejecting her when she touches him. Being pregnant is enough to make her feel insecure anyway but to have him lying to her and sneaking out behind her back must be so nerve-racking for her and it's sad that she's pretty much had to go through the first 4 months of this pregnancy on her own. It's nice however that Martha's been there for her, returning the favour for all the support through her cancer. I liked the way Rachel took Tony some dinner to work even though she thought he was cheating on her, I guess it was her way of trying to hold on to him and that scene where he feels the baby kick and has this huge smile on his face was just :wub:

Tony's being a jerk i loves it & Rachels being stupid his son just was murded sorry he doesnt want to spend some time with her yet

Edited by gazzalovesu

Tony's being a jerk i loves it & Rachels being stupid his son just was murded sorry he doesnt want to spend some time with her yet

How is Rachel being stupid??

How is Rachel being stupid??

Yes how is she being stupid i know we are Tachel fans and it may seem we jump at everything someone says but please explain how Rachel is the one being stupid.

she's not being stupid, she's just a little Pushy ! and before you guys come to defend her with the whole : "shes only trying to help" thing, i have to say that no one is in the wrong in this situation,its just a very difficult situation. as the huge tony fan i am, i will probably be on he's side in every little problem they have along the way ( pathetic, i know ) , i just cant help myself :P but i do feel sorry for Rachel to , she's pregnant and hormonell , she's just lost a really good friend and her fiance is disappearing in the middle of the night! everybody would have a problem with that . and i have to say i have had some good laugh when i have read " Rachel is a psychariest (sp?), she should know what to do " Because its a completly diffrent situation. and even if its hard to belive, Rachel is'nt perfect, she do make mistakes, so does Tony. so no one is "stupid" ,its just hard for both of them.

heh, my rant is over , its just my personal appointment :)

she's not being stupid, she's just a little Pushy ! and before you guys come to defend her with the whole : "shes only trying to help" thing, i have to say that no one is in the wrong in this situation,its just a very difficult situation. as the huge tony fan i am, i will probably be on he's side in every little problem they have along the way ( pathetic, i know ) , i just cant help myself :P but i do feel sorry for Rachel to , she's pregnant and hormonell , she's just lost a really good friend and her fiance is disappearing in the middle of the night! everybody would have a problem with that . and i have to say i have had some good laugh when i have read " Rachel is a psychariest (sp?), she should know what to do " Because its a completly diffrent situation. and even if its hard to belive, Rachel is'nt perfect, she do make mistakes, so does Tony. so no one is "stupid" ,its just hard for both of them.

heh, my rant is over , its just my personal appointment :)

Couldn't agree with you more!! :D

I do agree she's being a little pushy - but at the end of the day you can tell how deeply worried and concerned she is about him. Perhaps she is frightened of how withdrawn he could become, given her experience and profession. She knows how bad people can get and she obviously doesn't want that for Tony. Anyone would be alarmed if their fiancee started disappearing in the middle of night, and lying to you about who they were seeing.

She's pregnant and her hormones/emotions are probably all over the place right now. Not only is Tony lying to her, sneaking out in the night, shutting her out - he's rejecting her everytime she tries to get close and that really has to hurt. I'm not blaming him, what he is going through is horrific, but Rachel deserves some sympathy too. It was really sad when they were in the gym and she tried not to make a big deal of the baby kicking until he asked to touch it, then her face just lit up. :(

It's just really horrible for them both. You can tell how badly Tony wants to be happy - especially when he was touching the bump - for a few seconds there he was so excited about it but then he withdrew suddenly. These past couple of days i think we've seen tiny improvements in his behaviour, he smiled for the first time in weeks when he was feeling the baby move, and seemed concerned when Rachel said she didnt feel like going to work.

i dont know if this already have been posted , but its a really small interview with Jon and Amy here .

its not that exciting, but its atleast an interview :D

i just saw it :) I wish they would do any interview with Jon and Amy! i know this is off topic but has amy got an engagement ring on?

Edited by steff99