Guest Eli

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show just keeps getting better. Naomi started off as probably the most unrealistic character IMO, but now she's really a good character! And I love Dixon, he's just great! Still hoping they will get deeper into some storylines though, but it's very good so far, and I don't think they need to rush anything and hurry up to fit everything great into the first ten episodes. You can just tell from the whole show that there's a lot of money put into this production. I remember last year when they started that new show Hidden Palms on the CW, and it wasn't a surprise at all when they canceled it (even though I loved it) because you could tell that it was more of a show they weren't willing to risk much for. 90210 on the other hand... First of all it's a spin-off, but in addition to that you can easily tell that there's a lot of money put into this. The cast, the music... Everything indicates that this is something the CW are really willing to give a chance. And that's good.

Sorry gang. First Mondays, then Fridays, now it's off until summer.

Channel TEN has dropped 90210 from its schedule less than a month after it premiered.

The news will come as a disappointment to fans that were just getting to know the show and its new take on life at West Beverly Hills High. Sadly, it seems there just weren't enough fans watching.

When the show premiered in Australia it hit 837,000 that dwindled down to 666,000 viewers for its double episode launch. This week it only managed 616,000. Despite winning its timeslot in the all-important 16-39 demographic, it trailed City Homicide by a whopping one million viewers.

But TEN had already called the shots before that, announcing that the show would move to Fridays to make way for Supernatural.

On Wednesday, TEN bit the bullet on the Friday idea and removed the show out of the schedule entirely.

Instead, TEN will again air Friday movies, with The Bourne Supremacy on October 10 and United 93 on October 17.

The cancellation follows TEN's decision in dropping the dating show Taken Out only a week ago.

In the US, 90210 had a big launch, even winning a full season, where it airs on the youth-driven CW Network. In terms of total audience it still trails the competition by a country mile.

TEN maintains that it still believes in the show, with plans to screen it "later in the year" where it can screen without so much pressure and competition. That's network-speak for "we'll run it over summer, if you guys don't come to the party don't groan when we dump it a second time".

SOURCE

lol, I just read about it getting dumped. I'd say that Ten was getting as bad as Nine, but... neither of those shows filled me with confidence. I'm much happier watching the Simpsons at 6 again, even if they've started massacring the episodes with stupid edits like they did to Friends and Futurama >.<

What sux is that I found this out by following a link on MSN that talked about Jason Priestly returning to the show. Thank god he's only behind the camera so far, because I would have been crushed if he was going to act on the show and I didn't see it. Brandon was my favourite :(

Archived