Quick Questions

emmauk06

Hi in Episode #312 and various other 1989 there is a song that plays in the diner and once on Carly’s cassette player that I can’t find the lyrics I can make out fully are “For once in my life I think I’m gonna get it right, for once in my life”’ does anyone know what it is?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the "pilot episode", just after Tom and "Pippa" moved their family to the Summer Bay Caravan Park and bought it from Alf, one of the caravans caught fire. Bobby strenuously denied this, and this was before the "nutter" was roaming Summer Bay, and they couldn't prove Bobby lit the caravan. Who lit it?

2 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

In the "pilot episode", just after Tom and "Pippa" moved their family to the Summer Bay Caravan Park and bought it from Alf, one of the caravans caught fire. Bobby strenuously denied this, and this was before the "nutter" was roaming Summer Bay, and they couldn't prove Bobby lit the caravan. Who lit it?

Friend of Lance's had a wee smoke, in there apparently. He and Marty took *great* pleasure in winding Bobby up about it until Stevo showed up and was about to go Ralph Macchio on them.

On 18/11/2022 at 15:22, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

If Roo ever managed to track them down, then maybe?

She was communicating with them via email but I'm unsure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be some confusing terms and ways they seemed to describe Steven's relationship with Sandra Barlow. Some say they were "just friends" but some scenes showed them kissing, and Steven says she was his "best friend ever" and Steven told Frank on the day she said she was leaving, that he wasn't "in love with" Sandra despite the kissing and carrying on. What gives?

• Haha 1

An early example of scriptwriting inconsistency?

From what I remember of Steven and Sandra, there wasn't much chemistry between them. Their relationship was very chaste and the storyline could've just as easily worked if they'd just stayed friends. My guess is that the scriptwriters decided Steven needed to kiss someone and that a doomed romance was a good way to top and tail the story.

On 15/01/2023 at 04:09, Old H&A Fan said:

What was the idea of having Alf and Alsa marry "off-screen" in Episode 86?

To help chances of fostering Bobby who was having problems with the Fletchers and also the whole "I let you get away once, it's not happening again thing" plus the surprise factor. They were gearing towards Frank/Roo and likely didn't want A&A stealing focus.

I also imagine scheduling was a thing as Judy had  to prep for her own wedding to Bruce in real life around the time of filming.

So several possibilities 

Edited by CaptainHulk
  • Like 2