Quick Questions

emmauk06

12 hours ago, christine king said:

I know we haven’t seen the school In ages was the last time when Maggie was principal?

Yeah even tho she and Ben left mid last year I don't think we saw the school at all. Last was prob mid-late 2019 but may have been even longer. Coco and Raffy left that year and Bella dropped out that year too I think so it was just Ryder that finished but I don't think we had any school scenes with him on his own or taking exams and was just all off-screen. 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 05:49, hapitoby said:

just Ryder that finished but I don't think we had any school scenes with him on his own or taking exams and was just all off-screen.

Ryder finished his HSC on-screen.  There was that whole scandal where some guy tried to cheat off various other students, including Ryder, and one of his tactics was to drug Maggie's water bottle when she was supervising an exam to make her fall asleep(?) so he could cheat, and Ryder swiped the water bottle out of her hand and got into trouble and it took a bit of time for him to explain what had really happened and he was at risk of being given a zero-mark in that exam as well as possibly other exams, but he eventually admitted the truth and the other guy got into trouble.

This all happened before the siege at the hospital and Bella dropping out of school (I have a feeling that that only happened after Colby was stabbed while rescuing Leah from Douglas because I remember Bella telling Colby she wanted to drop out of year 12 and that she'd found a TAFE course while he was in hospital).

But yeah, I don't think we've seen the school in over a year now and I'm somewhat expecting a new uniform or something after the dress being the same since 1989.  It's only been 9-10 years since the last school building refurbishment though.

10 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Ryder finished his HSC on-screen.  There was that whole scandal where some guy tried to cheat off various other students, including Ryder, and one of his tactics was to drug Maggie's water bottle when she was supervising an exam to make her fall asleep(?) so he could cheat, and Ryder swiped the water bottle out of her hand and got into trouble and it took a bit of time for him to explain what had really happened and he was at risk of being given a zero-mark in that exam as well as possibly other exams, but he eventually admitted the truth and the other guy got into trouble.

This all happened before the siege at the hospital and Bella dropping out of school (I have a feeling that that only happened after Colby was stabbed while rescuing Leah from Douglas because I remember Bella telling Colby she wanted to drop out of year 12 and that she'd found a TAFE course while he was in hospital).

But yeah, I don't think we've seen the school in over a year now and I'm somewhat expecting a new uniform or something after the dress being the same since 1989.  It's only been 9-10 years since the last school building refurbishment though.

I completely forgot about that storyline involving the school. Ryder's mates (Josh and Blake I think?) also appeared early 2020 in an episode playing pool against Nikau and Bella.

On 19/05/2021 at 13:50, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

So I've heard that part of Travis Nash's backstory was being in the same class at school as Steven Matheson, and sure enough, there's an episode in 1990 where Steven, Viv and Emma have a classmate called Travis (apparently played by the same actor as for Mullet's brother Paul a couple of months later).

So now I've just passed the episode in 1990 (nearly 5 years before Travis' introduction) where Grant is taking Sophie, Blake and Karen's class to the city to see Romeo and Juliet and they stop at a cemetery to visit the grave of Robert Nash, founder of Summer Bay.

Are Travis, Joel, etc. meant to be descendants of this Robert Nash, and why were the Nashes only relevant for about 7 years of the show (from Travis' arrival to Gypsy's departure)?

13 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

So now I've just passed the episode in 1990 (nearly 5 years before Travis' introduction) where Grant is taking Sophie, Blake and Karen's class to the city to see Romeo and Juliet and they stop at a cemetery to visit the grave of Robert Nash, founder of Summer Bay.

Are Travis, Joel, etc. meant to be descendants of this Robert Nash, and why were the Nashes only relevant for about 7 years of the show (from Travis' arrival to Gypsy's departure)?

Quite possibly, since Travis' house (which went on to be Leah's house for years) was meant to be a long-standing family home, although possibly only back to his father's time: Maybe the family fell on hard times! They were only relevant for about 7 years because that's how long they were on the show!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was there an on-screen explanation for Sam's absence at both of Sally's weddings?

I know he only left a few weeks before the Sally/Kieran wedding, but even before Bobby died and Sam started being fostered by the Rosses, playdates between Sally and Sam were introduced a week after his arrival in 1991 and they must have had some sibling bond even though Sam was a bit of a pain in the backside for Sally sometimes as teenagers.

• 4 months later...