Quick Questions

emmauk06

Probably, though there are times when you'd wonder why some people don't get credited at all. Back in those days, was it difficult to write up TV credits? It seemed to be a bit of a big deal to change the actors in the opening titles

46 minutes ago, cymbaline said:

Probably, though there are times when you'd wonder why some people don't get credited at all. Back in those days, was it difficult to write up TV credits? It seemed to be a bit of a big deal to change the actors in the opening titles

Someone said here it involved some expense changing the opening titles, which was why it was a while between changes there.

As for the closing credits, Prisoner (1979–1986) goofed up the closing credits a lot, as noted on a site dedicated to that show, hence the UNCREDITED lists appearing in many of the episodes listed on that site.

I notice "Christopher" got credited in the closing titles a lot even though he never said a word. But some customers, like in Alf's store or the Diner, and some police officers, like the ones accompanying the ones that do get credited, don't get mentioned in the closing credits.

Edited by Old H&A Fan

Ah,  now there's that eternal conundrum! Though to be fair, if the genders were to be switched around you'd still wonder was the age gap a bit too much? A teenage schoolkid going out with an older person who is in a different place in their life. Marilyn had done a lot of living by this point - what age was she then? 21, 22? It's a pity they never got to properly have a go at the Haydn/Marilyn thing when he came back a few years later. That would've been more interesting because the pair of them had already accumulated quite a bit of baggage in their lives. 

Looking at those old episodes now, some of the values/morality (or whatever you want to call it) are out of step with now things are today. There are so many teenagers in the show who realistically would've been having sex with their boyfriends/girlfriends by now if the show was made today. Even more curious is the Pippa and Michael thing which someone reminded me of recently - it's heavily implied that there was no nookie between the pair of them before they tied the knot. Michael and Haydn were still cooped up in that caravan until the day of the wedding which is rather strange too. 

• Like 1

One thing that strikes me about the early years of the show is how attitudes have changed towards kids "respecting" their elders (i.e. adults have always to be respected even if they're wrong). Thankfully this rather outdated attitude isn't so prevalent today. In early episodes teenage characters often had to apologize to adult characters for being "rude" even when said adult had been acting totally wrongly and the teenager was just standing up for what was right. Even when the adult realized they were in the wrong, and it was because of the kid being "rude" that they realized it, the kid still had to apologize.

It just seems silly now. I don't care if you are 14 or 40, if you are right, you're right; and if you are wrong, you're wrong.

Edited by Sally Keating

Oh, so that's why teenagers can take drugs and think they are right, they can do it, even when adults say no, that is wrong. I mean ....... the drug-testing at festivals gives them a legal back door to taking illegal substances in, because regardless of whether the substance is illegal, they can keep it and use it, so long as the tests find no dangerous contaminants.

Sorry, I don't accept that. Respect for elders has gone out the window these days.

Furthermore, Karen is really, really convinced that she is right to go out with Revhead and live with him, but in fact Alf and Alsa (her olds) are actually right, because they can see he is a bad influence on her, but Karen just thinks he's just a victim of circumstance, and no matter how many robberies he pulls off, he will get better with her help.

Sorry. Wrong. But with age comes experience. Older people have more life experience than young people, and as such have a better idea of knowing right from wrong.

• Like 1