Quick Questions

emmauk06

9 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Think Adam made up his mind to leave in 1990, filmed final scenes that year. And I think Sharyn threw in the towel not long after.

It's a shame because I would have preferred to keep on to Carly for a couple more years instead of getting Lucinda. 

On 25/05/2020 at 15:39, Old H&A Fan said:

Oh and while we're on the subject of Carly:

Why have the story producers still got her and Ben together still??? (when was she last mentioned? 2019?)

Any relationship in that show wouldn't last that long, surely????

Couples CAN go the distance. Floss and Nev for example (ok, they were married long before the series but my point stands!)

Carly was last seen in 2008 when she, Floss and Stevo saw Sal off but not sure about mentions since. Maybe by Roo once, who was in the same year with her, Bobby and Matt.

As far as we know Travis and Rebecca are still together too. As are Steven and Selina. Tug and Sarah. Pippa and Ian. Angel and Simon.  I'm sure there are others. It's true Carly and Ben are probably the longest surviving couple who got together on the show, but they're not THE only long surviving couple.

Edited by Sally Keating

Maybe the story writers (whatever drives their minds) have never decided whether the abovementioned couples are "still together". Frankly, I find it really hard to believe that any more than a minority of couples "go the distance". I mean.......can you imagine living and sleeping with the same person for eons on end, many decades on? Come on.....?

On 25/05/2020 at 22:39, Old H&A Fan said:

Oh and while we're on the subject of Carly:

Why have the story producers still got her and Ben together still??? (when was she last mentioned? 2019?)

Any relationship in that show wouldn't last that long, surely????

On 29/05/2020 at 17:46, CaptainHulk said:

Couples CAN go the distance. Floss and Nev for example (ok, they were married long before the series but my point stands!)

Carly was last seen in 2008 when she, Floss and Stevo saw Sal off but not sure about mentions since. Maybe by Roo once, who was in the same year with her, Bobby and Matt.

On 31/05/2020 at 02:07, Sally Keating said:

As far as we know Travis and Rebecca are still together too. As are Steven and Selina. Tug and Sarah. Pippa and Ian. Angel and Simon.  I'm sure there are others. It's true Carly and Ben are probably the longest surviving couple who got together on the show, but they're not THE only long surviving couple.

10 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Maybe the story writers (whatever drives their minds) have never decided whether the abovementioned couples are "still together". Frankly, I find it really hard to believe that any more than a minority of couples "go the distance". I mean.......can you imagine living and sleeping with the same person for eons on end, many decades on? Come on.....?

6 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

Yeah, nobody ever does that. Certainly not all the many many examples I can think of, of couples who do.

Yeah ikr like my parents met when they were 17, got together at 20 been together over 30 years, had kids, marriage, no affair, shock horror they are happy and make it work every day but hey apparently no one can ever have a happy healthy relationship that lasts, news flash people can but apparently the writters of TV shows think happy on screen relationships are boring to watch but they are wrong :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1