Quick Questions

emmauk06

On 11/10/2020 at 12:17, Old H&A Fan said:

Locations question:

In the 1991-92 cliffhanger episodes, Adam and Blake asked Josh to drive them to a place called "Rocky Point", a location they said was "100km up the coast" and would take 3 hours (2 hours with Josh's driving?).

The credits at the end of Episode 910 thank the NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service for their assistance in the production of that episodes.

What is the actual location these scenes were filmed at?

No idea - but Rocky Point was also the venue for Finlay’s ill-starred weekend away with Randy. 

On 11/10/2020 at 02:17, Old H&A Fan said:

Locations question:

In the 1991-92 cliffhanger episodes, Adam and Blake asked Josh to drive them to a place called "Rocky Point", a location they said was "100km up the coast" and would take 3 hours (2 hours with Josh's driving?).

The credits at the end of Episode 910 thank the NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service for their assistance in the production of that episodes.

What is the actual location these scenes were filmed at?

It was around Bouddi National Park, the other side of Broken Bay to the north of Palm Beach. More specifically, Putty Beach and the rocky outcrops nearby including the tesselated pavement.

Whilst only 7-8km up the coast as the crow flies, to drive there would indeed be just over 100km.

On 11/03/2021 at 19:20, adam436 said:

Someone may know the exact episode, but it was first seen in the 1989 season, I think around the time Matt and Adam were vying for the life guard job.

Episode 367 for the exterior, 382 for the interior set. Pretty sure Alf was president but can't be 100% certain, if not then he was certainly managing it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking about how the Fletchers and the Fishers and any mention of them seem to have been lost in the history of the show, but I also feel like we don't hear anything about Alf's family outside of him, Martha, Roo and Ryder (and the occasional mention of Quinn) any more?

What's happened to Alf's sisters (especially Morag)?  What about Alf's other grandchildren?  What about Duncan as a single father with a son who will be a teenager in a few years (which his similar to Duncan as teenager too)?  Since Martha was reintroduced, Alf has really only travelled around New South Wales with her and not visited Duncan for a while.

What about the remaining joint descendants of the Stewart and Fisher clans, like Rebecca (who probably hasn't been mentioned since before Belinda Emmett's death) and her family, Seb and Sam?

Edited by homeandawayroxsomuch.

Don Fisher has had a few mentions in recent years. When Marilyn had her amnesia and again, when he had a fall and Alf either visited or was planning to visit him? But then Morag were still making appearances at those point. But yeah, not since Martha arrived have any of them been mentioned.

The show rarely does throwaway references to characters from the pre-Braxton era, so I doubt we will ever get updates on Rebecca or the Fletchers as long as the current producers are running things. Even any children of Rebecca's wouldn't have any reason to live with Rebecca's cousin and uncle though... 

It was a mistake not giving Duncan older children in my opinion. I suggested in another thread that Duncan could have fathered some other children during his younger years, when he was "off the rails" in the city. Or maybe Jade Sutherland was pregnant with his child when she left in 2004. It would be a bit of a retcon, but a far less insulting one than the Martha one in my opinion :wink: 

14 hours ago, adam436 said:

When Marilyn had her amnesia

This was still 5 years ago and I don't think it exactly gave an update on how Fisher was in 2015 as opposed to 1996.

Or maybe Jade Sutherland was pregnant with his child when she left in 2004.

Definitely would have to be a retcon.  I feel like Kirsty might have been in contact with Jade when she was back in 2008-2009, and if Jade had had a child via Duncan, Kirsty would have told Alf and Alf would have tried to drag him over from America to take responsibility for his actions.  But he'd likely have already been with Caroline by then.

Even any children of Rebecca's wouldn't have any reason to live with Rebecca's cousin and uncle though... 

Rebecca and Travis' son (does he have a name?) who was born in 2002 would be the same age as Bella and close enough in age to be friends with Ryder.

• Like 1

Another thing I've noticed is that of the newer characters, apart from Martha, the only other current character who has been introduced who is connected to a long-running (20 years or more) character is Ryder.

Meanwhile, Neighbours has 11 current characters who were introduced in the last 10 years, but who are related to long-running character families:

1. Nell - Toadie Rebecchi's daughter
2. Terese - Brad Willis' ex-wife and now Paul Robinson's wife
3. Ned - Brad Willis' son
4. David - Paul Robinson's son
5. Shane (apparently originally introduced in the 1990s but including anyway) - Toadie Rebecchi's brother 
5. Dipi - Toadie's sister-in-law
6. Yashvi - Toadie's niece
7. Bea - Susan Kennedy's niece
8. Hugo - Toadie's son
9. Roxy - descendant of both the Ramsay and Willis families (inc. being Doug Willis' granddaughter)
10. Harlow - Paul's granddaughter
11. Nicolette - Jane's daughter

In 2015-2017, there was a mini teen friendship group that had 2 of the 3 characters being children of 1990s characters (Olivia being Chloe and Lachie's daughter, and VJ being Leah and Vinnie's son, and also related to Alison Patterson).  And you would think that those two would get a mention from Irene or Leah sometimes, especially with VJ taking care of Luc now linking Irene and Leah.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Another thing I've noticed is that of the newer characters, apart from Martha, the only other current character who has been introduced who is connected to a long-running (20 years or more) character is Ryder.

Meanwhile, Neighbours has 11 current characters who were introduced in the last 10 years, but who are related to long-running character families:

1. Nell - Toadie Rebecchi's daughter
2. Terese - Brad Willis' ex-wife and now Paul Robinson's wife
3. Ned - Brad Willis' son
4. David - Paul Robinson's son
5. Shane (apparently originally introduced in the 1990s but including anyway) - Toadie Rebecchi's brother 
5. Dipi - Toadie's sister-in-law
6. Yashvi - Toadie's niece
7. Bea - Susan Kennedy's niece
8. Hugo - Toadie's son
9. Roxy - descendant of both the Ramsay and Willis families (inc. being Doug Willis' granddaughter)
10. Harlow - Paul's granddaughter
11. Nicolette - Jane's daughter

In 2015-2017, there was a mini teen friendship group that had 2 of the 3 characters being children of 1990s characters (Olivia being Chloe and Lachie's daughter, and VJ being Leah and Vinnie's son, and also related to Alison Patterson).  And you would think that those two would get a mention from Irene or Leah sometimes, especially with VJ taking care of Luc now linking Irene and Leah.

Agreed 100%. The only long running family unit with connections would seem to be the Stewart clan. If only TPTB would look into giving Irene some family connections like her children returning or even her grandchildren. They should even have VJ return for Leah or at least an update on him, or even have her brothers/parents reintroduced.

• Like 1

Two Carly-related questions:

1. Did Carly join in with the wine at the Fletcher family picnic during Sally's 2008 departure episode or is she teetotal?

2. Seeing as Carly was the only female student carrying on from 1988 into 1989, there doesn't seem to be any comment made on-screen about the change of the Summer Bay High school uniform for the girls from the blue dress that reminds me of the Erinsborough High school uniform in the late 2000s to the SBH uniform we know today (or would know if there were any students there - maybe SBH is due for a uniform change).  The tie that Steven wore didn't seem to change between the two years.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching May/June 1989 episodes and there has just been Andrew Foley destroying Fisher's alcohol decanter rack, and Fisher had said that it was a gift from a Professor of English Literature from his first teaching position, and I was wondering if that professor could have been Edward Dunglass Sr. who had been an English professor in the 70s?

• 1 month later...