Quick Questions

emmauk06

8 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Oh, so that's why teenagers can take drugs and think they are right, they can do it, even when adults say no, that is wrong. I mean ....... the drug-testing at festivals gives them a legal back door to taking illegal substances in, because regardless of whether the substance is illegal, they can keep it and use it, so long as the tests find no dangerous contaminants.

Sorry, I don't accept that. Respect for elders has gone out the window these days.

Furthermore, Karen is really, really convinced that she is right to go out with Revhead and live with him, but in fact Alf and Alsa (her olds) are actually right, because they can see he is a bad influence on her, but Karen just thinks he's just a victim of circumstance, and no matter how many robberies he pulls off, he will get better with her help.

Sorry. Wrong. But with age comes experience. Older people have more life experience than young people, and as such have a better idea of knowing right from wrong.

This!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Oh, so that's why teenagers can take drugs and think they are right, they can do it, even when adults say no, that is wrong. I mean ....... the drug-testing at festivals gives them a legal back door to taking illegal substances in, because regardless of whether the substance is illegal, they can keep it and use it, so long as the tests find no dangerous contaminants.

You're arguing against a point nobody was making, but then that's nothing new for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old H&A Fan said:

What do you mean? You said teenagers can get to say they are right nowadays when they couldn't back in the old days.

@Old H&A Fan even in the mid-late 00s and early 10s during my teens i was still getting told off for talking back did it do me any harm? no it made me into a respectful adult i'm fully with you here Karen was out of control

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

What do you mean? You said teenagers can get to say they are right nowadays when they couldn't back in the old days.

Talk about missing the point. I am talking about in specific cirumstances when adults realize they were in the wrong but it's still the child who has to apologize. That CLEARLY doesn't apply at all to Karen and Revhead because Alf and Ailsa never came to realize they were in the wrong (because they weren't).

I don't know why you have to pretend to misunderstand people's posts just so you can bring up your favourite rinse/repeat subjects.

We all know what I said had nothing to do with the examples you gave. As usual you take someone else's point and warp it into a point they were never making and then apply it to a storyline or example that is completely unrelated and nothing to do with anything.

1 hour ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

@Old H&A Fan even in the mid-late 00s and early 10s during my teens i was still getting told off for talking back did it do me any harm? no it made me into a respectful adult i'm fully with you here Karen was out of control

And so am I because that's nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was talking about times when an adult comes to realize they were wrong but it's still the child who has to apologize for being rude (even though it was only their "rudeness" - i.e. daring to talk back - that made the adult realize they were wrong at all).

The whole "it did me no harm therefore it's fine" nonsense is like the logic of a 4 year old. The inability to see past the end of one's nose to realize that maybe not everyone in the world has the exact same life, circumstances, surroundings, as you seems to escape some people.

Edited by Sally Keating

11 minutes ago, Sally Keating said:

Talk about missing the point. I am talking about in specific cirumstances when adults realize they were in the wrong but it's still the child who has to apologize. That CLEARLY doesn't apply at all to Karen and Revhead because Alf and Ailsa never came to realize they were in the wrong (because they weren't).

I don't know why you have to pretend to misunderstand people's posts just so you can bring up your favourite rinse/repeat subjects.

We all know what I said had nothing to do with the examples you gave. As usual you take someone else's point and warp it into a point they were never making and then apply it to a storyline or example that is completely unrelated and nothing to do with anything.

And so am I because that's nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was talking about times when an adult comes to realize they were wrong but it's still the child who has to apologize for being rude (even though it was only their "rudeness" - i.e. daring to talk back - that made the adult realize they were wrong at all).

The whole "it did me no harm therefore it's fine" nonsense is like the logic of a 4 year old. The inability to see past the end of one's nose to realize that maybe not everyone in the world has the exact same life, circumstances, surroundings, as you seems to escape some people.

I didn't ask you for an opinion on how my mother raised me thanks! obviously you think you were raised better than us because you could do whatever you wanted with no consequences! such a millennial attitude! 

Edited by Bobby Forever Missed
  • Like 1

Actually you did and i really don't appreciate it 

• Like 1

I don't see how that's any sort of comment on how you were raised. The comment was on the logic that because something was ok for YOU, then it must be fine. I don't see how that's remotely related to how your mother raised you.

I don't even know how she raised you in order to comment on it!

Edited by Sally Keating