Quick Questions

emmauk06

You're telling me that they NEVER get bored of each other, even after that amount of time? I find the endurance of such monotony for extraordinary long periods quite amazing!

I especially find it hard to believe that someone with the low level of maturity and stability like Carly could stay together for any longer than a few years.

Sorry, I forgot to add: isn't Home And Away supposed to be about failed marriages and broken homes anyway? Notice how many children have both parents still together (which seems next to none)

That's what makes "everlasting couples" even less credible on this particular show

Edited by Old H&A Fan

15 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

You're telling me that they NEVER get bored of each other, even after that amount of time? I find the endurance of such monotony for extraordinary long periods quite amazing!

I especially find it hard to believe that someone with the low level of maturity and stability like Carly could stay together for any longer than a few years.

Sorry, I forgot to add: isn't Home And Away supposed to be about failed marriages and broken homes anyway? Notice how many children have both parents still together (which seems next to none)

That's what makes "everlasting couples" even less credible on this particular show

Mostly broken homes indicated in the character's backstory  but a lot of marriages have had their tests.

Ailse and The Flames made it 12yrs but had major problems (Her past, PND, Alf being bloody-minded at times, Duncan's near-death experiences, financial strife, etc)

Tom and Pippa defied the odds, being relatively young and taking in a kid who most likely would have ended up in Juvey (Frankie) and a whole load more orphans, neglectees, etc.

Pippa and Michael's marriage was often financially strained and that couldn't be entirely be blamed on Haydn (1993 saw some belt tightening in places)

Had they not killed Ken (or Anthony Phelan not quit or been axed) He and Irene may have lasted had the wedding gone through. They would have been each other's rock for battling the sauce.

Space is also a thing that makes couplings work. Of course couples are gonna get on each other's nerves eventually!

As for real-life love hey, if Gloria and Emilio and Sharon and Ozzy can stick it out as long as they have, anything's possible!?

On 31/05/2020 at 06:07, Sally Keating said:

As far as we know Travis and Rebecca are still together too. As are Steven and Selina. Tug and Sarah. Pippa and Ian. Angel and Simon.  I'm sure there are others. It's true Carly and Ben are probably the longest surviving couple who got together on the show, but they're not THE only long surviving couple.

When were Selina and Steven last mentioned as being together???

On 05/06/2020 at 22:04, chair said:

He did say he had married Linn. When Chloe returned in 2005 she said that Steven and Selina were working things out and Linn wasn't mentioned.

It absolutely guts me that the writers did that!!!! Split them up offscreen for no reason then haven’t actually established if they’re together or not!! I dont  watch the show anymore, I pretty much lost interest after they left, then would tune back in for Stevens reappearances but after that whole Ling thing I got the snitzer with the show completely!! I would soooo love to see old episodes with them in it again!! 

Edited by Selina Fan
  • Like 2